MSE Pregnancy Club 28

Comments

• janed9388
    janed9388 Posts: 301 Forumite
    Congratulations princess Kate, great name too.... it's one of the ones on our (not so) short list ! we just can't decide on one at the moment.

Hope everyone is feeling well today and had a good weekend - I wish I had finished work but still another 2.5 weeks to go but luckily working from home for most of it.

Fingers crossed for those at the top of the list, it looks like we're going to have a busy couple of weeks coming up.
  • RebekahR
    RebekahR Posts: 5,980 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 13 April 2015 at 10:13AM
    Not having to deal with the nightmare of getting maternity leave is a welcome break this time around! Work still hadn't said it was confirmed and I could have it on my last day last time. Useless lot ... That said i've not even given birth yet and i'm being asked if and when i'm returning to work. What is it about people that every woman MUST work. Can't some of us stay at home and enjoy our children grow up if we can afford to do so :-@ .... rant over lol.
  • Claire_A87
    Claire_A87 Posts: 383 Forumite
    Congratulations princess Kate!! :D Lovely name too. Hope you're back home and settling in with your little man x
    DS - 08/15

OU: BA (Hons) Open, 1
  • Congratulations Princess Kate!

On the subject of accuracy of growth scans etc we asked the obstetrician last week how accurate they were and she said they could scan baby the day before birth and could easily be 1lb out either way.

Also I just thought I'd report (in case any of you remember) I was running a marathon yesterday (which is 3weeks to due date) ... managed to complete it without being flagged down to divert to the hospital! DW was amazing waddling a good 5 miles herself to be at various points on the course and at the finish to cheer me on! Official time just over 4hr5mins. :T
  • wendz86
    wendz86 Posts: 7,171 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I have big respect for those that stay at home Rebekah, I don't think I have the patience. I did enjoy my time off with DD on maternity leave but i do enjoy a mix of working and spending time with her now. Definitely agree that it is a choice though and they shouldn't be pressuring people to go back.

Well done DHF what an achievement!
  • janed9388
    janed9388 Posts: 301 Forumite
    Also I just thought I'd report (in case any of you remember) I was running a marathon yesterday (which is 3weeks to due date) ... managed to complete it without being flagged down to divert to the hospital! DW was amazing waddling a good 5 miles herself to be at various points on the course and at the finish to cheer me on! Official time just over 4hr5mins. :T

Speed reading this I temporarily forgot it was your DW that was the expectant one and thought you had done it at 37 weeks - now that would be impressive !! Still congratulations, 4hr5min is a great time there is no way on earth I'd even get around I don't think, pregnant or not !
  • Claire_A87
    Claire_A87 Posts: 383 Forumite
    Wow, congrats DHF! Amazing time!

Just thought I'd give an update after my growth scan - all is absolutely fine :) No excess amniotic fluid, baby's head is measuring 25 weeks (thank God!) and baby is a healthy 1lb 14oz - will probs be 2lb by 26 weeks so a bit of a chunk, but no more growth scans required :) I obviously just carry high! Thanks for all your support in the last few days, it really kept me calm x
    DS - 08/15

OU: BA (Hons) Open, 1
  • So pleased Claire, that's really good news! :T

Congrats on the impressive marathon time downhillfast! Glad your DW could keep you company - she needs a medal too ;)!!

Alsomething - our hospital offers an "holistic" induction with acupressure and massage. Not sure what the success rate is but certainly sounds more appealing than the drug option!
    And your bump photo shoot sounds lovely. :)

AFM, I had some twinges this morning and tried (but failed) not to get too excited. Put a pad on, sat on the ball, but they faded away into nothing... :( Hopefully it won't be long till the real thing... Have consultants apt on Wednesday (due date) to discuss medical induction which I don't like the idea of at all.

And I had a thought - I don't think you can use a water birth pool if you're being induced - does anyone know? Using water is almost essential with my PGP!
    Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock
  • millysg1
    millysg1 Posts: 532 Forumite
    Hey all,
    Just a little update.

Consultant did a sweep for me, she said I was 1 cm dilated and cervix was soft. Sweep felt different than I expected but not necessarily in a bad way!

She has decided she will give induction a go before c section, which I'm pleased about, but I will be very highly monitored and any sign that labour not progressing well they will c section me. Also, her biggest worry is shoulder distortion which they will be watching for very closely.

So, if the sweep doesn't do anything tomorrow, I'm in for induction on Wednesday. Therefore, Im Hoping baby will be with us by the weekend.

Tomorrow I will be getting myself ready, checking over my bags and putting some movies on my laptop and getting some rest.

Hope your all doing well.

Glad to hear things are good with you Claire.
  • Hi all,

Day 1 of maternity leave and managed to stay in bed till 8am! Bed is not the comfy sanctuary it used to be :) due good weather today though.

Re induction and birth pool. My hospital said it is negotiable. I think if you have the just the first two stages of pessary and waters broken it is ok but if you progress to the syntocin drip ( fake oxytocin) it is not as easy in the pool with the tubes etc so you may not be allowed.

Off to first acupuncture today so will let you know how I get on.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure