The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,862
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    LIDL PICK OF THE WEEK DEALS 11-17th Wild Rocket 39p, Cherry Tomatoes 39p, Onions 39p, Red Pepper 39p, Turkey Steaks £1.89, Pulled Pork £1.59, Ham Leg £24.99, Deluxe Burgers £1.89 |||||| 18-24th July Avocado 59p, Garlic 59p, Mini Veg 59p, Potatoes 59p
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/lidl-pick-week-deals-11-17th-wild-rocket-39p-cherry-tomatoes-39p-onions-39p-red-2494045
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • nanx4
    nanx4 Posts: 277
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Good morning

Could i ask the Cow and Gate jars which are 12 f £6 in @ if i bought the 11 and one that compares to M @ 10 f £5 would this work and if so would it be about £1.80 or have i got it totally wrong .

Thank you
  • altojack
    altojack Posts: 9,734
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Evening folks :hello:

Soz for sort of semi absence - I've been lurking the last couple of days. Apologies for missing birthdays, anniversaries and celebrations in general

On Friday my mum had the "your scan is abnormal" phone call. She had a ct scan of her head. Today she spent all day at the hospital and after lots of tests and an mri scan, she's been confirmed with an arachnoid cyst. It's not life threatening but will require surgery at some point in the very near future.

I am amazed at how quickly the NHS have dealt with this. Hospital got involved late on Friday afternoon, appointment today to have some neurological tests, mri scan and results on the same day :T far quicker than I could have arranged privately.

So lots going on at the mo but I will try and be around a bit more now we know what's going on :)

Sorry to hear about mum, hope that they can soon get her treatment done and onto the road to recovery xx

underperky wrote: »
    Good morning raining ...cold and wet here

Same here in East Anglia perky, not very nice at all. Could be worse I suppose, it could be snow :eek: :)
    There's no place like home :)

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

Hugs and healing thoughts are always going your way.
  • nerfdad
    nerfdad Posts: 13,795 Forumite
    Good morning , it's the same here too, torrential but it would be because I cleaned the windows at the weekend. It's the first time in the sixteen years we have lived here that I've done them myself and wow what a difference. I did all the frames, there were a few spiders which I wasn't keen in but apart from that they looked marvelous best £8 I've saved in a long time :rotfl: dh will have to do the two front bedroom windows so he might not feel the same way :rotfl:

It's lovely in the south of England :j:j
  • hornetgirl
    hornetgirl Posts: 6,143
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    Morning all :)

Not raining here yet but cold and grey.
    Wishing your mum a speedy recovery queen of cheap x
  • altojack
    altojack Posts: 9,734
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Good morning Elite :hello:

I'm running low on instant coffee, going to open my last jar of Nescaf! Original (hint hint) :D. I'm partial to Gold Blend and Douwe Egbert as long as it is one of the strong ones :cool:

I'm going out this morning to Mr A and as its raining I'm going to have wear 'proper' shoes, boots of wellies :eek: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Lead me to the coffee pot please :T :rotfl: :rotfl:

Hugs to those in need xx
    There's no place like home :)

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

Hugs and healing thoughts are always going your way.
  • nerfdad
    elainemn wrote: »
    Good morning everyone. Back home after a few days away with work so trying to catch up. Not quite Carling again today but happy to say I won a £5 off yesterday, first one for a long time.
    Was hoping to get the washing done today as working from home, but no luck as pouring down. Off to make another coffee then catch up and lit writing time. Hope you all have a good day. :)

Not quite carling here:eek::eek:
  • nerfdad
    altojack wrote: »
    Good morning Elite :hello:

I'm running low on instant coffee, going to open my last jar of Nescaf! Original (hint hint) :D. I'm partial to Gold Blend and Douwe Egbert as long as it is one of the strong ones :cool:

I'm going out this morning to Mr A and as its raining I'm going to have wear 'proper' shoes, boots of wellies :eek: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Lead me to the coffee pot please :T :rotfl: :rotfl:

Hugs to those in need xx

Have fun walking around looking for coffee in wellies and short skirt;):)
  • nerfdad
    It's time to make my master some breakfast:eek::eek::eek:
  • Sarahdol75
    Sarahdol75 Posts: 7,717
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Good morning.

underperky wrote: »
    Good morning raining ...cold and wet here

Its not raining yet, but cold and dark skies. :(

Where is this heatwave.