Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Options

Comments

• Gambler
    Gambler Posts: 3,213 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    alim1234 wrote: »
    They're just as bad at the rest. I switched dual fuel. They only switched electricity and I'm hanging on the phone waiting to sort it out. I'm currently caller number 24. Echoes of the Big Six in customer relations uselessness. They don't respond to their online support form. Posted two days and have heard nothing. AVOID!! I'm now caller number 23.

Caller 16 when I called 21 minutes ago, I'm now up to 10 :(
  • richardc1983
    Options
    gsmlnx wrote: »
    No unfortunately not.

What a useless invention!

So I will unplug it and go back to my old fashioned energy monitor.
    If you found my post helpful, please remember to press the THANKS button! --->
  • Gambler
    Gambler Posts: 3,213 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Gambler wrote: »
    Caller 16 when I called 21 minutes ago, I'm now up to 10 :(

I managed to get to 2 after an hour but had to hang up due to school run.

Just tried again, 1 hour and 22 minutes later the systems were too slow to access so the lady made a note of my meter reading.

Whilst waiting, I spoke to Eon live chat and they confirmed I would not be charged after 7th Feb so at least the switch seems to have gone through. First time I have had to contact them in 3 years, very helpful and quick!!

Just a shame they are no longer competitive.

I don't think Iresa have the resource to cope with an ever increasing customer base.
  • richardc1983
    Options
    I think its worth persevering with, they are popular because they are new and cheap. I remember when I switched to another smaller company via MSE several years ago, same thing happened they were overwhelmed by the sign up.
    If you found my post helpful, please remember to press the THANKS button! --->
  • Raxiel
    Raxiel Posts: 1,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 16 February 2017 at 5:36PM
    Options
    Looks like third party validation of meter readings went through today, 10 calendar days after the switch. No notification from Iresa but the opening readings now appear on their site and E.On emailed me to say the final bill was ready.

Electric readings went through unaltered but the third party increased the (honest) gas read by 23m³ which works out about 10p in my favour.

Edit: Should clarify for those new to the process that despite the delay in getting the readings validated, the actual switch is from the 6th Feb as expected.
    3.6 kW PV in the Midlands - 9x Sharp 400W black panels - 6x facing SE and 3x facing SW, Solaredge Optimisers and Inverter. 400W Derril Water (one day). Octopus Flux
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,856 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Over 2 weeks in, 30th Jan live date, and still no reads / meter details on line. E.On have not taken their DD this month, account is currently in credit but final bill will be £24.03 debit.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,856 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    What a useless invention!
    The rest of the nation will eventually wake up to that fact ;)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Iresa's twitter feed has gone silent and deep today - and still no bill for January.
  • jlfan
    jlfan Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    Gas finally switched today , 17 days after electricity. Electric meter still not online as of yesterday. Gas is online I noticed and went on to add my day 1 meter reading and Iresa www is down.... blooming typical! I was on the phone and no. 25 in the queue yesterday, I did an E.On chat and they confirmed everything within a few minutes too, like another commenter above. Just makes me doubly annoyed at E.On for being so uncompetitive and forcing me to move. Hoping the Iresa site comes back online soon.
  • jlfan
    jlfan Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    Website still down. Twitter alive but not particularly active - few replies this morning. Already month in credit with them following delayed gas transfer. Phone queue ridiculous and so slow I wonder if it just people giving up ahead of me in queue. Getting worried. Next DDR due Monday....Cannot think of any reason www is down and no nice message other than site is down try later - nothing branded. Proceed with caution perhaps,
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure