Millionaire Challenge

Comments

• Well done on the Bubblews - great result.

Good luck with the training and job application. Don't be scared or be scared but go for it regardless.

Feel the fear and do it anyway........:rotfl:

What have you got to lose. If you don't get this job there will be others and it's all good practice.

Stay focussed and keep your eyes on the prize. ;)
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Bubblews does sound excellent - I was a member of postloop for a little while, same sort of thing but didn't pay as well - there's maybe $20 to claim in there, which I must do.

LL, I totally agree about the graft - I just can't do it any more, which is why internet-type businesses are so essential to my ideas :o And if DS2 likes you being there, and you like being with your boys, then why not? Especially since you don't know where you want to move to, its probably important not to rush into anything now - my sister made that vow after her husband died, and it was reassuring to her and to all of us to know that she'd decided that (i.e., not to decide!).

The complementary medicine bit sounds really interesting - you definitely need the certificates, though, and personally if I didn't have £5million of public liability insurance, I wouldn't let people over my doorstep :( - I got it through my professional organisation, and even at that level, it only costs £120 a year, something like that.

EQ - great news! And good luck - you know I think you're a really good writer, with great ideas, so I'm sure you'll succeed :)

I know I need to plug away on the stencils, but since thats in the kitchen, I got distracted by cleaning :o how terrible is that :cool:
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 29 September 2014 at 12:29PM
    I'm having a bit of a cleaning, laundry day too. Hoping to do a bit of. A Garden tidy up, got some planting to do. Im just having a little rest. I've already done some painting So making good progress today.

I need to do a bit of shopping, so will walk and then my exercise regime. I'm trying to improve my fitness, but having to take this slowly and steadily.

I have a bit more paperwork to finish re my husband's estate, sorting out banking etc so that will be my main focus this week.

Re moving house. I read somewhere that after the death of a spouse you should wait at least a year befode moving house if you can. I can understand the reason for that, makes a lot of sense.

I've discussed it with ds2 and he is more than happy. I think he likes his creature comforts, meals on the table and clean shirts magically appearing in the wardrobe......his girlfriend isn't ready to move in with him yet so he's happy to let me still be his mum:rotfl:

I can understand how the Internet offers lots of opportunities. I just need to think about it and how I can adapt my skills.

I know my antiques lady does a lot of her selling online. I'm more than happy to pay her a commission so that I can focus on other things.

Same with the trading if it takes off. I've no intention of trying to do the trades myself. I tried matched betting and was absolutely useless at it.

I think that now is the time for me to be far less "hands on", delegate more, and go in for collaborative efforts rather than trying to do everything myself.

A bit difficult for A control freak like me but I'm finally starting to,see that I can't do everything myself.
  • Kayalana99
    Kayalana99 Posts: 3,626 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 1 October 2014 at 9:57PM
    Just my two cents LL but I would stay where your family is, the beach is nice for holidays but home is always where the heart is.

I mentioned a while back I brought a new machine but I've decided to sell it, I am finishing up the orders I have and will be selling it on...it's had a trial run and to be honest I don't enjoy it and it's to time consuming with everything else I have on. Onwards and upwards.

No update on youtube atm as someone has ordered 400 items off me to do in a short space of time..on top of the orders I need to get done with my machine. Hoping to get them done, get the machine up and sold and then I will have more free time on my hands to work on my idea.

I'm actually thinking if I start developing the website now and add the videos in later (well before the site is live but I need to do alot of research first so it would make sense if I did the website first then the information is already sorted and I just need to do the video) BUT I still need to sort my website out for my main business...so to do list.

Get 4 frame orders (chase up 5th) & 10 glass orders done and dusted.
    Sort 1st website product wise out...make a list of all products first.
    Start talks to design the youtube website.

I think I will worry about selling everything later but will get it boxed up for space reasons unless I get a bit of spare time, I need to start managing my time better.
    People don't know what they want until you show them.
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Ah - time management. That'd the big one. Just not enough hours in the day and not enough days in the week::rotfl:

Having said that today I had a day off. The new boiler was being fitted so I went out early for an apt with a complimentary therapist who is helping with a few minor health niggles, then breakfast with a friend, some retail therapy, then the cinema to see Pride (fab) and then dinner at Nandos. A lovely relaxing day.... I'm shattered tonight.

Kay - sounds like a good plan. Good idea to sell your machine and get some money Back. Your time is precious so just do what is the most rewarding - both financially and what you enjoy most. You'll get there - all in good time. :D
  • Karmacat
    I agree, it really doesn't sound like you **like** that new machine, Kaya - life's too short to go to the expense and risk of self employment to do something you don't like!

LL - your day sounds lovely :)

I'm thinking about time management too, things need to be simple. I tried to get the basics of a routine going for exercise, supplement-taking and cleaning, so I could ignore the basics and concentrate on the work, but it was way too complicated. I've just now realised what I can do about the supplements - they're near my computer, so I can take them while its powering up :) And I really need some focus - I've made a mistake in going for swagbucks, its old school mse but its a waste of time if what I'm actually trying to do is start up a new business (or two) ... I'm halfway to the quickest possible cashout route, an Amazon fiver, and then I'll stop, to focus on the you-know-what :)
  • Kayalana99
    edited 2 October 2014 at 11:25AM
    I don't but the end result is so pretty!! ...I will take photos and post what I have done this morning in next day or so (4 frames all done, just the wine glasses to do now) since I have no intention of carrying it on..might even give someone else the idea to make a business out of it.

Have a fab day LL. Never been to Nando's but I heard it's amazing.
  • Karmacat
    I'd love to see your work! Yes please :)
  • Kayalana99
    edited 3 October 2014 at 2:26PM
    Here you go;

2rcli1g.jpg

2pq6djm.jpg

Don't laugh at my 'background' I had nothing else. :rotfl:

I just want to point out these are orders and names etc aren't anything to do with me.

These are also the frames that I spent weeks pulling my hair out over cause I couldn't find a supplier.
  • Karmacat
    Oh they're really sweet! Great ideas. Thanks for sharing :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure