Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Comments

• Jackfrost
    Jackfrost Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 20 March 2017 at 4:02PM
    Just moved to Iresa Ltd. No email was received from them requesting meter readings failing all attempts to contact them I popped into their office which is just down the road and gave them my correct final readings for the correct dates. Just to make sure, I also notified British Gas but they have still estimated my final bill. So far the gas and the lights are still on but I'm going to have to query the BG billing. Not quite the smooth switch that I had hoped for. Also; as noted above, contacting Iresa was difficult. My e-mail attempts were blocked with 'Whoops, something has gone wrong! messages and when I tried to phone them, after several 'please hold's, an American voice informed me that I was No.86 in a queue. Not very promising.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    edited 20 March 2017 at 4:24PM
    Hi Hengus, just to clear things up; if we were to announce a price rise or the withdrawal of a tariff that didn't have an end date, then you can switch within 20 working days and you would still be charged at the same rates.

When a fixed term deal is coming to an end, we'll write to you to remind you and you can switch up to 49 days before it's due to end without any penalty.

However it's not a price rise or change to your contract as it was always agreed the tariff would end on a specific date and if a switch isn’t completed before the end date, you would switch to our Standard tariff rates.

If you wish you can view the Electricity Supply Standard Licence Conditions at https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/licences-codes-and-standards/licences/licence-conditions & you'll find the necessary info on page 141 Section 22C.3 (c) (iv) which states:

If the Domestic Customer does not change supplier or does not expressly agree a new Evergreen Supply Contract, a new Fixed Term Supply Contract or a further fixed term period for a Fixed Term Supply Contract by the date the fixed term period of the existing Fixed Term Supply Contract is due to end, the Domestic Customer will become subject to the Relevant Cheapest Evergreen Tariff.

Thanks, Matt

You seem to be suggesting that SLC 22C usurps SLC24.9 to 24.12 ( Continuation of Fixed Term Supply Contract terms for interim period)? If that is the case, then that is not how the suppliers that I have dealt with over the past two years have read the SLCs. I remained on a fixed tariff for three months because of a botched switch. One of the Big 6 suppliers has also confirmed many times on this forum that, provided they receive network confirmation of a transfer in progress in the period contract end to contract end plus 20 days, they will honour the fixed term tariff.

I would refer you specifically to SLC24.10 and 10a. SLC 24.12 also makes it very clear when SLC 24 applies.

24.12 This paragraph applies where a new Fixed Term Supply Contract comes into effect no later than 20 Working Days after (but not including) the date on which the fixed term period of a Fixed Term Supply Contract ends.

I accept that SLCs are not an easy read. If I was one of your customers who had been subject to your interpretation of the SLCs, I would be asking consumeraffairs@ofgem.gov.uk for advice.
  • DonnySaver
    DonnySaver Posts: 562
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    DonnySaver wrote: »
    This is good news - wonder if they will now apply the same rules to the rest of us ??? :cool:

I got back onto British Gas about this via Twitter (after initially being turned down). They have now agreed to refund me the cost of being moved onto their standard tariff whilst my switch took place :D :T
  • Gambler
    Gambler Posts: 3,210
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    pj742 wrote: »
    Iresa do not answer phone calls. I have tried for weeks. Iresa do not answer emails either.
    I switched from the MSE E-on deal when it can to an end to Iresa. They have taken £160, two direct debits but I have had no updates no switch confirmation, nothing. But they are good at taking your money.
    Use them at your peril.

They are not even good at taking your money.
  • poppellerant
    poppellerant Posts: 1,932
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    I have emails confirming my meter readings, yet they are wrong when I look at them in my account. I contacted them early last week regarding this and have yet to receive a reply.

So far, so bad.
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Organisation Representative
    Gambler wrote: »
    Just had my final bill off Eon. All sorted? Nope. Gas is fine.

Eon have used an estimated reading for elec so iresa have obviously not bothered to pass on the reading I sent to them on 08 Feb.
    Hello Gambler.

Is the estimated electricity meter reading different to the one you gave Iresa? When we receive readings from the third party (Data Collector), we show them as estimates as they're not yours or from a meter reader.

If it's different, the third party could've sent the same reading to us and Iresa so both suppliers can use it to start/close their respective accounts. This stops the same electricity from being charged twice.

Provided the difference is above 250 kWh, the change can be challenged through an industry wide process known as an Agreed Readings Dispute (ARD). The two suppliers will re-agree a reading and re-submit it. Once approved, both suppliers will amend their bills accordingly. If below 250 kWh, an ARD can't be used and the current reading will stand. This will mean paying one supplier for more kWh's than expected but this is balanced out by paying the other less.

A final thought. As you sent the reading over a month ago and if nothing has come through, we could've automatically have estimated. If this is the case, we'll re-bill once we receive the actual reading from the third party.

Sorry for the speculation Gambler.

Malc
    Gambler wrote: »
    I've received an email to say my next DD is due. So checked my online account. Gas meter reading is now showing and it matches eon reading.

Eureka:T

Morning Gambler and glad the gas is sorted. As above, is the electricity sorted too? Do we need to re-issue our final bill or do the readings now match?

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • toshi
    toshi Posts: 308
    Forumite
    FAO Toshi (I can't quote on my phone)

After a phone call and now 2 emails, BG accept that if the switch is within 20 days of a tariff ending, the tariff extends. I used Hengus' info about the Conditions of Supply and abruptly, but politely, asked if they denied the conditions exist.

I now have a named contact who is monitoring the account and will ensure credits are applied to the account.

Thank you for your update. I have also emailed to request the clarification of British Gas Policy. Hopefully British Gas will update all of related customers Bills soon.

You guys are so knowledgeable, great contribution. Thank you so much.
  • toshi
    toshi Posts: 308
    Forumite
    edited 30 March 2017 at 10:49AM
    Hengus wrote: »
    You seem to be suggesting that SLC 22C usurps SLC24.9 to 24.12 ( Continuation of Fixed Term Supply Contract terms for interim period)? If that is the case, then that is not how the suppliers that I have dealt with over the past two years have read the SLCs. I remained on a fixed tariff for three months because of a botched switch. One of the Big 6 suppliers has also confirmed many times on this forum that, provided they receive network confirmation of a transfer in progress in the period contract end to contract end plus 20 days, they will honour the fixed term tariff.

I would refer you specifically to SLC24.10 and 10a. SLC 24.12 also makes it very clear when SLC 24 applies.

24.12 This paragraph applies where a new Fixed Term Supply Contract comes into effect no later than 20 Working Days after (but not including) the date on which the fixed term period of a Fixed Term Supply Contract ends.

I accept that SLCs are not an easy read. If I was one of your customers who had been subject to your interpretation of the SLCs, I would be asking [EMAIL="consumeraffairs@ofgem.gov.uk"]consumeraffairs@ofgem.gov.uk[/EMAIL] for advice.

Thankyou very much for your contributions.

British Gas has sent me an easy to read letter on Jan 2017 letter "Your tariff ends soon. What would you like to do?" It says ".. you can move to a different supplier without paying us any exit fees from 11th January 2017. This is about "49 days before" rule

But also it clearly states "20 days after rule" as you, E.ON claim.

1.jpg
    http:image.jpg

My understanding is

a) If customer does not transfer, then automatically transfer to standard tariff immediately

b) If customer failed to transfer within 20 working days, standard tariff apply. (That's why we are so concerned about smooth transfer to Iresa, I think) I personally think if the transfer is delayed, still 20 days rule should apply. But I am not sure..

c) If customer transfer to another tariff within 20 working days, previous tariff apply. Very clear straight policy. As you said, this seems the part of SLC policy.

It is rather scandalous, if BG does not apply their policy stated above. I hope BG will fix this issue to all of their customers.
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Organisation Representative
    toshi wrote: »
    Thnak you very much for your contributions.

British Gas has sent me an easy to read letter on Jan 2017 letter "Your tariff ends soon. What would you like to do?" It says ".. you can move to a different supplier without paying us any exit fees from 11th January 2017. This is about "49 days before" rule

But also it clearly states "20 days after rule" as you, eON claims.

My understanding is

a) If customer does not transfer, then automatically transfer to standard tariff immediately

b) If customer failed to transfer within 20 working days, standard tariff apply. (That's why we are so concerned about smooth transfer to Iresa, I think) I personally think if the transfer is delayed, still 20 days rule should apply. But I am not sure..

c) If customer transfer to another tariff within 20 working days, previous tariff apply. Very clear straight policy. As you said, this seems the part of SLC policy.

It is rather scandalous, if BG does not apply their policy stated above. I hope BG will fix this issue to all of their customers.

Hello toshi and to confirm, my posts concern only E.ON. I wouldn't talk about or comment on what another supplier does or doesn't do.

I've just posted about the Price Protection window on another thread. Thought it might help to put similar comments here. From our side, customers changing supplier at the end of fixed term contracts will have their prices protected. Provided, that is, the new supplier applies for the account inside the Price Protection window. This is open 49 calendar days before a fixed tariff ends until 20 working days after. If we receive notification within this window, prices will be protected up until the supply end date.

In most cases, price protection is applied automatically but there are some switches, usually where we're waiting for information from the new supplier/third party, where these need to be done manually. We've mechanisms in place to flag up these cases.

As above toshi, this is solely how we apply price protection. In no way is it a comment on how another supplier does this. Hope it explains our approach.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • I "joined" Iresa in February on dual fuel. I was asked in early March to give meter readings. I couldn't log in to give these. It would not accept my login details. I tried many times to reset my password but after giving my registered email, postcode and date of birth all I got was "Oops something has gone wrong" and no help. I have tried emailing to ask for a password reset with no success. I have tried phoning but after half an hour of moving very slowly down a long queue I have hung up. This has happened several times and the phone "service" only operates 8 till 6 on weekdays.
    Today I have set up a switch to another supplier. To me Iresa has been a nightmare I switch almost every year but have never come across any company like this.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure