Ebico / SSE partnership has ended!

Comments

• Anthorn
    Anthorn Posts: 4,362 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hengus wrote: »
    From the Ebico website:

Ebico-Zero

With Ebico-Zero you only pay for the energy when you use it!

We are in business primarily to help those affected by fuel poverty in Britain. When you sign up with us you are also signing up for our cause. What’s more, with Ebico you also get top-drawer customer services according to Which? Magazine.1

Whoever you are, if you’re using below average levels of energy in your home, then the Ebico-Zero energy plan will be right up your street. With zero standing charges, you only pay for what you use – ideal if your property is small, well insulated or is left empty much of the time. To save money further on your energy just opt-in to pay by Direct debit.

Zero standing charges
    No exit fees
    Further unit rate reduction for paying by Direct Debit
    Price guarantee until December 2017

There are 14 supply regions in Britain and there are different costs associated with the supply of each region. For that reason all our energy plans have a different price for each region.

I know Ebico says it but it's not true.
    Ebico-Zero (Credit meters only)

ZERO Standing charge
    A competitive price
    Price guaranteed until at least December 2017
    No exit fees or tie-ins
    Market-leading customer service (Which? Magazine1)
    Available through all standard2 domestic meters
    https://ebico.org.uk/energy-plans/

Ebico are not going to win any brownie points for telling lies to support its ethics which no longer apply!
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Anthorn wrote: »
    I know Ebico says it but it's not true.

https://ebico.org.uk/energy-plans/

Ebico are not going to win any brownie points for telling lies to support its ethics which no longer apply!

What do you think is not true? :huh:
  • Anthorn
    footyguy wrote: »
    What do you think is not true? :huh:

All of it but primarily this bit:
    We are in business primarily to help those affected by fuel poverty in Britain.

That used to be true but is not true now because Ebico/RHE is now charging more for prepay meters than for credit meters and that widens even more if credit meter customers pay by direct debit. Conversely, previously everyone paid the same but now pre-pay customers pay more than credit customers. Under Ebico's own terms that's unfair.

It is also necessary for Ofgem to revise its own appraisal of Ebico in the light of the new RHE tariffs and the inequality between credit customers and pre-pay customers:
    Through EquiGas/EquiPower, Ebico offers Direct Debit-paying consumers the chance to share the financial discount commonly associated with this payment type with those using prepayment meters – a type of customer who are at more than twice the risk of fuel poverty
    (PDF FILE) https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/ofgem-publications/87758/ebico-responsetocallforevidence.pdf
  • Anthorn
    Finally got through to Ebico and gained information on the switch to RHE and staying with SSE: Postal letters are currently being sent to everyone and should be delivered by Friday. That includes a form to fill out to opt out of moving to RHE. So it conversely follows that if customers don't opt out they will be automatically moved to RHE.

I haven't received my letter yet.

One wonders though how it is that people in this thread claim to have received emails about it.
  • joncombe
    joncombe Posts: 320 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    One wonders though how it is that people in this thread claim to have received emails about it.

Well I'm another that received the email. I am not sure why you seem to doubt it?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post

I received the email on the 24th and it was also posted by Ebico on their Twitter feed. I think that's where I saw it first.
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 1 March 2017 at 2:44PM
    I received the email on Saturday 25th, an hour or 2 after I started this thread - but still only have it for one supply address.
    (normally, with their mass emailings such as Ebico Newsletter, I get them to all within 24hours at most, usually much quicker)
    To clarify, each supply address is set up with a different email account.

I'm not sure what order they send them in, but I've just checked, and the email I have received seems to be for the account that I always get first notification received on.
  • uk1
    uk1 Posts: 1,839 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    We received our two at the same time on Friday. Perhaps it's alphabetic.
  • Snakey
    Snakey Posts: 1,174 Forumite
    As a low user I'm going with them to RHE.

I have a whole bunch of credit on my existing accounts as their minimum direct debit was £10 per month per fuel - does that come back to me automatically? I thought I read somewhere about the rules changing for when you left an electricity supplier, that they were no longer allowed to keep your money and hope you didn't notice?
  • uk1
    uk1 Posts: 1,839 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 1 March 2017 at 8:53PM
    We effectively have around three to five years credit on one of our accounts and have completed their on line form to request a refund.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure