IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKPC parking charge for Parked displaying a non valid permit

2»

Comments

• Honeybea7 wrote: »
    Hi guys wondering if anyone can help me ...
    Please start your own thread. Do not hijack someone else's. That way, each case can be kept separate. The alternative is confusion all round.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,614 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 2 November 2016 at 7:54PM
    bbhangale wrote: »
    I am not allowed to post with full link, use https for the below urls -

Parking signage - drive.google.com/open?id=0BzKggg77jLxtdmlKTWpxU0RoUEU

POPLA appeal I have filled. Please let me know if changes required or I can submit.
    drive.google.com/open?id=0BzKggg77jLxtZHVmaW1RR1hMU3M

Nonono, do not submit that to POPLA! STOP, take your time and try to get this stage right. You are about to lose - wow - I've no idea why you came to this forum if you are not going to read the advice first. Please let us help you at least attempt a decent POPLA appeal on legal points, not mitigation.

We want to help you but you appear to have been here a month and not even read the POPLA info in post #3 of 'NEWBIES PLEASE READ THESE FAQS FIRST'. Nor have you read anything on the POPLA website which clearly TELLS you that you can't win on mitigating circumstances - so very obviously, come on wise up, do not argue mitigating circumstances/excuses!

If you have filed that then you had better learn how to properly argue a court defence because you can't win with that unless POPLA goes slightly mad. We help with court claim defences too, but it's only worthwhile for people prepared to put in a shift and burn the midnight oil to climb the steep learning curve to give themselves a fighting chance.

I HOPE you didn't submit that to POPLA already, surely you stopped and read something first...you have 28 days to read about how to make a POPLA appeal stronger. You can't add stuff once submitted.

Please tell us you didn't.

:eek:
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Thanks for your help.

I have not submitted the appeal. I just filed and provided details here. I did read some on POPLA and this is what the truth is. I am not filing to save the fine but because I felt it is not correct for them to charge me. If I can't win on truth then so be it.

If there is anything specific please let me know.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Thanks for your help.

I have not submitted the appeal. I just filed and provided details here. I did read some on POPLA and this is what the truth is. I am not filing to save the fine but because I felt it is not correct for them to charge me. If I can't win on truth then so be it.

It is still not a fine.

You can win on the truth, the truth being legal arguments. If you base your PoPLA appeal on swapping parking spaces, you will lose.

There are a number of template appeal points starting around post 2341 give or take a few pages of the POPLA decisions thread. Each post is one appeal point so they are already written out for you. You have already been told what appeal points to use.

Have you asked your landlord to cancel this yet? You can tell him the truth about what happened about you swapping parking spaces to assist a tenant who was leaving.

You must appeal this to PoPLA as advised or you will end up in court. Spending a bit of time doing a PoPLA appeal now is going to be much easier that defending a court case.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,614 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Thanks for your help.

What? We are not telling anyone to lie. You do not win a POPLA appeal on mitigation because they cannot consider it.

Winning on arguments such as the signage was duff and the PCN was not properly issued, are just as good and just as true.

There are plenty of appeal points you can use and the templates are linked in the NEWBIES thread post #3, telling you what each one is about. There are no lies, no loopholes, these are genuine, winning appeal points that work. You can still win 'on truth' but OUR truth!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure