Infinis energy ipo

Comments

• They would lose credibility, the average voter wont care but it would contradict their own policies so I guess opposition would use that
    can even justify dumping it at a huge discount before the markets suffer a massive correction
    Well the price isnt mattering as much as the long term ability to pay out. I think their foolish mistake will be in the form of continuing to favour Lloyds with cheap debt so that it can pay to gov earnings.
    Maybe not in value but inflation helps large debtors greatly. So I think there is no rush, mortgage holders will repay Lloyds and so the bank can repay the gov. In theory eventually Lloyds can buy directly all shares back from the government.
    Vendor finance - gov could guarantee a loan for Lloyds to then enable a share buyback or similar ideas

Compare it to QE, its probably quite similar, Lloyds is receiving money from BOE then giving it back to the treasury

Just dumping cheap shares, we should be so lucky. It'll be done via high finance, the gov will eventually be able to laud this return of capital and this does help their credibility on all fronts - to win the average clueless voter they can lower tax by a penny or something

The alternative is gov selling shares to public but I dont think this'll happen. TSB is the closest we get to the process
  • Can anyone recommend a broker for this IPO? I assume they are all very much the same.
    Some days you're the bird......and some days you're the statue :cool:
  • Niv
    Niv Posts: 2,466 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Can anyone recommend a broker for this IPO? I assume they are all very much the same.

You could use the jarvis x-o site, charges £5.95 per trade. I used them for Merlin with no problems (and am likely to use them for Infinis)
    YNWA

Target: Mortgage free by 58.
  • Basil74
    Basil74 Posts: 65 Forumite
    I'm thinking about going in for about £3-£4k, am I likely to get what I've asked for or will it be scaled back due to oversubscription?

I'd very surprised if this one is oversubscribed, there has been virtually no promotion or discussion of this particular IPO that I can find anywhere!
  • Niv wrote: »
    You could use the jarvis x-o site, charges £5.95 per trade. I used them for Merlin with no problems (and am likely to use them for Infinis)

Thanks......I've also heard good thinks about X-O.co.uk

Just didn't know if there was a broker that was better for building up and monitoring a portfolio.
    Some days you're the bird......and some days you're the statue :cool:
  • There is always H&L if you want everything absolutely spoonfed to you (nothing wrong with that, my parents swear by them), but they are expensive, however they are easy to deal with if you are a novice their customer service appears to be excellent.

Personally I think it will be oversubscribed, I've gone in for £3000, but I will be happy enough with half of that
  • This is literally the only thread i could find on this IPO. I was just wondering whether anyone had had any consideration over the mutterings over the government changing its tax levies on green energy?

and if they were to go ahead how quickly? and how much this would effect a company like Infinis (which has a small profitable revenue stream through wind)?
  • Basil74
    Basil74 Posts: 65 Forumite
    hank1990 wrote: »
    This is literally the only thread i could find on this IPO. I was just wondering whether anyone had had any consideration over the mutterings over the government changing its tax levies on green energy?

and if they were to go ahead how quickly? and how much this would effect a company like Infinis (which has a small profitable revenue stream through wind)?

I'm also finding the same, there's been virtually no hype, information or discussion at all about this IPO, I don't know if that's a good thing or not??...

It's either being kept a very good secret by people in the know, or it's such a bad proposition it's not even worth considering!!
  • BarleyGB
    BarleyGB Posts: 234 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Im in for a bit of cash, thought id take a punt and like the idea of some do gooder environmental in my portfolio.

I'll probably sell if its up 15%+ in first week, if not it'll be a long term hold.
  • BarleyGB
    BarleyGB Posts: 234 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Not sure about the impact re green levy, does this apply to all energy Co's or just the 'big 6'. Does it make any difference, i.e. isnt it just a hidden tax, in which case its not adding to company profits but just a billable tax similar to VAT?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure