Plusnet retentions?

124»

Comments

• ss53
    ss53 Posts: 90 Forumite
    "online prices for new customers for 18 months of £39.50 a month,"
    It's £29.99, for Fibre Extra, according to their website. 12 months too, which you mention. Scroll down the page, it's on the right.
    https://www.plus.net/

Hit them with that!

Perhaps £10 extra for the Anytime call package?
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I'm repeating my question as it has had no replies in a general thread :

Has anyone had a good retention offer that is better than the £19.99 + calls for ADSL from PlusNet, recently ?

There have been posts about Sky and other providers, but nothing about PlusNet. (My sister actually booked a move to PlusNet but Sky gave her a deal of £17.99 including Anytime calls, which is just over hat I'm paying PlusNet without calls)
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,499
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    teddysmum wrote: »
    I'm repeating my question as it has had no replies in a general thread :

Has anyone had a good retention offer that is better than the £19.99 + calls for ADSL from PlusNet, recently ?

There have been posts about Sky and other providers, but nothing about PlusNet. (My sister actually booked a move to PlusNet but Sky gave her a deal of £17.99 including Anytime calls, which is just over hat I'm paying PlusNet without calls)

Couldn't get better than £19.98 for rental,E &W/E calls and adsl when I renewed in July - and that was with ALR paid up front. However, stayed with them because I get BT Sports for £5pm and have a very good PN MOBILE deal as well.
  • teddysmum
    Forumite
    edited 13 September 2018 at 8:59PM
    brewerdave wrote: »
    Couldn't get better than £19.98 for rental,E &W/E calls and adsl when I renewed in July - and that was with ALR paid up front. However, stayed with them because I get BT Sports for £5pm and have a very good PN MOBILE deal as well.

As your call package is £4, that's £15.99 compared to the advertised £19.99 , so your calls are free.I'm now paying the equivalent of £16.49 (excluding my £8 for anytime), after a repeat contract (including the £12/year increase on line ) but no £50 or whatever the intro price was.

The offer of a repeat was as effortless as I asked what it was worth to stay. However Sky wasn't as competitive last year and I'm not happy at how long sorting my poor broadband is taking, though they are very good at keeping me up to date.
  • teddysmum
    Forumite
    Bargaining power seems to have vanished.

Talktalk are asking 18 months contracts for ADSL.

Sky have removed the repaid MasterCard and ask 18 months, though as a current customer my sister got them to offer 12 months .

PlusNet are now asking 18 months on the £19.99 offer and want for 12 months ,£21.99, which paying up front just brings me back to full price I'd be paying on my present agreement (ie without upfront line payment).

I thought someone said that internet was getting cheaper, but this can't have because the line rent for just phone is unchanged.
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,521
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I pointed out to plusnet that John Lewis was a better deal at the time.
    Their response was a shrug and a "go with them then." They don't seem bothered about keeping you any more.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • elsien wrote: »
    I pointed out to plusnet that John Lewis was a better deal at the time.
    Their response was a shrug and a "go with them then." They don't seem bothered about keeping you any more.
    It is the same company, John Lewis uses Plusnet to do all the work for them. So Plusnet still get paid.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure