Radio Times vouchers?

Hi I wanted to subscribe to the Radio Times but its quite expensive. I've never used voucher codes or subscribed to a magazine like this, does anyone have any suggestions or tips please?

Comments

• quoia
    quoia Posts: 14,435 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•¿•)›
    ‹(•¿•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S LOWER CASE OMEGA;6.59 so far ..
  • Brynsam
    Brynsam Posts: 3,643 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    If you currently buy Radio Times (or sneak a look in WH Smith or similar), there are often excellent offers - a reduced price subscription (minimum 6 months) with a gift as well. Recent gifts have included a gardening set from the RHS; £50 John Lewis voucher; or a £75 set of Joseph Joseph chopping boards (that's in this week's edition).
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,267 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    My advice would be to wait a little while until after the Christmas double edition - though that itself might contain an offer. They usually have some good offers in that issue or the following ones to try to tempt in readers who buy just that one edition for Christmas.

It has become ridiculously expensive, though, at £2.80 an issue (probably £3 from January - that's when they usually push the price up still further) and for the first time ever I'm seriously considering ditching it.

Even subscriptions are now over the £100 pa mark, and that's a huge increase on what they were charging even a short time ago. One good thing, though, is that if you can find a decent rate (I'm still on £78 pa) they tend to leave you on it for quite a while before increasing it. At that point you leave and look for another '12 issues for £1' offer.
  • Marcon
    Marcon Posts: 10,612 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    If you cancel/decide not to renew, and you've been a subscriber for a while, you may well get a better offer - I did!
    Googling on your question might have been both quicker and easier, if you're only after simple facts rather than opinions!  
  • malka
    malka Posts: 25 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    thanks everyone! don't currently subscribe but will take a look at the new edition and see if there any offers!!
  • Attachment inside Christmas issue gives this offer
    12 issues for £1 and then £29.99 every 6 months. Direct Debit.

buysubscriptions.com/RTG5218 or call 03330162128 quoting RTG5218

Just a word of warning - I tried for this offer and got refused because I had benefited from a previous offer. I had been a subscriber for 2 years and had cancelled in April this year. Apparently you now have to wait 12 months before you can take up another introductory offer.
  • Doc_N
    sheep-ali wrote: »
    Attachment inside Christmas issue gives this offer
    12 issues for £1 and then £29.99 every 6 months. Direct Debit.

buysubscriptions.com/RTG5218 or call 03330162128 quoting RTG5218

Just a word of warning - I tried for this offer and got refused because I had benefited from a previous offer. I had been a subscriber for 2 years and had cancelled in April this year. Apparently you now have to wait 12 months before you can take up another introductory offer.

Thanks - that’s the best offer on RT I’ve seen for a very long time. Not inside my copy but well worth taking them up on.
  • malka
    malka Posts: 25 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    thanks everyone
  • ailey
    ailey Posts: 3,184 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Would you not be better with a Saturday newspaper which give you a free weekly TV guide? Probably not exactly free as the Saturday papers are generally a bit dearer but still a good deal for a year compared to the RT subscription. :)
    "For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone."
  • Doc_N
    ailey wrote: »
    Would you not be better with a Saturday newspaper which give you a free weekly TV guide? Probably not exactly free as the Saturday papers are generally a bit dearer but still a good deal for a year compared to the RT subscription. :)

Everybody who doesn't take the Radio Times thinks that - and I can understand why.

But in reality it's nothing like the same thing because RT offers far more than just programme information - and it gives you the chance to set your PVR for the full week ahead quite early.

At the £3 cover price it's expensive, but thanks to sheep-ali's post above it can be had for under a third of that.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure