Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally

Comments

• Thanks SA :). I'm going to buy a flesh coloured bra today :D.

I overslept today as my alarm didn't go off :mad: so I'll have to rush a bit to get into town before the crowds. I remembered last night at 11pm that I'd left two clothes horses in the garden with laundry on, so I went out in my pyjamas and brought them in :rotfl:. It's lucky I did because it rained overnight :eek:.

Have a good Saturday everyone :).
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • I didnt have any PAs for weeks but have had a flurry in the last few days. This link may help: https://support.prolific.ac/article/78-account-on-hold

My account doesn't see to be on hold so I guess it will pick up eventually.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
  • My account doesn't see to be on hold so I guess it will pick up eventually.

I hope it does, HH, as I've had a lovely flurry of activity on there recently. Just finished a really nice online shopping scenario which was great fun. Took less than 30 minutes for £5:j

One tip though as I discovered this study by accident:eek:. I usually log in to my account and look for available studies that way, very often to find none:(. This time, after doing that and logging out I went onto the site and checked 'studies' just out of curiosity to see if anything was available to the Prolific community as a whole. I spotted 3 but the shopping one piqued my interest (especially the fee:rotfl:) and it still had several places left on it. I clicked and selected it and then quickly logged back in to my account to find it waiting there for me to start. I've rarely done this as I found that I never turned out to be eligible for ones I selected before logging in IYKWIM:mad:.
  • I hope it does, HH, as I've had a lovely flurry of activity on there recently. Just finished a really nice online shopping scenario which was great fun. Took less than 30 minutes for £5:j

One tip though as I discovered this study by accident:eek:. I usually log in to my account and look for available studies that way, very often to find none:(. This time, after doing that and logging out I went onto the site and checked 'studies' just out of curiosity to see if anything was available to the Prolific community as a whole. I spotted 3 but the shopping one piqued my interest (especially the fee:rotfl:) and it still had several places left on it. I clicked and selected it and then quickly logged back in to my account to find it waiting there for me to start. I've rarely done this as I found that I never turned out to be eligible for ones I selected before logging in IYKWIM:mad:.

Thanks for thus. Having finally got my account verified, I have earned the munificent sum of 80p - yay !!
    Do they normally send emails to enter surveys or is it better (even if more inconvenient) to go there yourself ?

Well done about DS3 having enough points for uni, and boo to the plumber cost. Unfortunately repairing plumbing issues is not an optional thing.

Presumably DH's new phone can be set against tax as a business expense ?
  • Thanks for thus. Having finally got my account verified, I have earned the munificent sum of 80p - yay !!
    Do they normally send emails to enter surveys or is it better (even if more inconvenient) to go there yourself ?

They send emails very rarely:(. If they do it is essential to log in and do the survey straight away as they email a huge batch of participants and I've found that even delaying for half an hour means that all the places are filled before I get there:mad:
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Brilliant news for DS3 HHOD xx
    Mummytogirls x

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Hope you dident get too wet on your SAturday saunter.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • I hope it does, HH, as I've had a lovely flurry of activity on there recently. Just finished a really nice online shopping scenario which was great fun. Took less than 30 minutes for £5:j

Thanks for that tip Carboot :)

• Well done about DS3 having enough points for uni, and boo to the plumber cost. Unfortunately repairing plumbing issues is not an optional thing.

Presumably DH's new phone can be set against tax as a business expense ?

Thanks Elizabeth :). We should be able to offset the phone as a business expense as it's main purpose is to impress clients, plus he will use it for work related stuff.
  • Brilliant news for DS3 HHOD xx

Thanks MTG :)
    beanielou wrote: »
    Hope you dident get too wet on your SAturday saunter.

Thanks Beanie :). It was a bit rainy when I left but dried up halfway around town.

I bought a flesh coloured bra :D and one pair of matching knickers (I could only afford one, but I'll add to my flesh coloured knicker collection over time so I can match :D).

I bought four mini toiletry bottles for travelling in B00ts; I gave DS3 mine and he left them in Iceland :mad: (along with half his socks and underwear :mad:).

I got a fathers day card for my stepdad (I've already posted one to my dad). Apart from that I just bought my latte and some fruit and cheese in Mr T. So a bit of a day spendy but could have been worse.

DH and DS1 went to see Jurassic World 2 as it's still half price tickets. Before the film they got free popcorn to try and a free £2 coin each :T.

I feel quite tired now but I can't give in to tiredness, that way lies madness! I need to clean out the furry moron and empty all the bins (we seem to have hundreds :mad:).

I also need to start washing clothes and packing them because I'm off to visit my dad on Wednesday. It's come around really quickly :eek:.

Have a good Saturday everyone :).
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure