Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Comments

• whitewing wrote: »
    (Do men go for coffee??)
    Yes. Well, for tea in my case. I'm quite happy to meet people in a tea / coffee shop or cafe.

Beer in a pub is always an acceptable alternative, of course.
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • tea_lover
    tea_lover Posts: 8,261 Forumite
    Yes. Well, for tea in my case. I'm quite happy to meet people in a tea / coffee shop or cafe.

Beer in a pub is always an acceptable alternative, of course.

*checks watch*... I can be there in about three hours ono :rotfl:.
  • Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    WaS - It sounds like all the family tree stuff is going well and I'm sure he'll understand if you explain the difficulty about meeting up.

Faerie - That's fab news and good luck with the challenge.

It appears that IzHe and I unintentionally have a pet - I saw a mouse in the living room last night!!!

I'm convinced it's because our flat's grubby (it came through the cable hole between his office and the living room and his office is a pig sty) and that's why we have vermin living there, IzHe's convinced that it's because it's an old house (built around 1903) and everybody has mice at some point. Either way, I can't say I'm too happy about our little visitor and think that, rather than having the relaxing Saturday I had planned, I might spend rather a lot of time cleaning this weekend!!
  • tea_lover
    Have you named him Iz??
  • Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    tea_lover wrote: »
    Have you named him Iz??

No, and if I had it most definitely wouldn't make it past the filters here :D
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Ooh! It's been very boomy for the last half hour or so, and now it's flashy and very boomy! :)
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• Oakdene
    Oakdene Posts: 2,560 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Aw well sad to report there's been no reply, hey ho... still a little puzzled as to the Facebook like but I guess I'll chalk it down to experience...
    Dwy galon, un dyhead,
    Dwy dafod ond un iaith,
    Dwy raff yn cydio’n ddolen,
    Dau enaid ond un taith.
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Oakdene wrote: »
    Aw well sad to report there's been no reply, hey ho... still a little puzzled as to the Facebook like but I guess I'll chalk it down to experience...

It's early days yet. She may need a week, two weeks, a month or even longer to make the next gesture.

In the meantime, why not go back to sending birthday cards, Christmas cards, etc. in acknowledgement of her status as a friend?

It rained for a bit, just enough to send the humidity levels up, and now it's hot and sunny again! And steamy!
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• tea_lover
    I swear people at work are being deliberately annoying today.

So far I've been asked to approve a subcontractor who has literally just provided an address (as opposed to the large list of information that he needs to provide for me to review)..... and my personal favourite, I just followed up an overdue report and was told it had only been requested last week so the timescale was unreasonable. I had to point out that the email from last week was a forward of the initial email* sent 6 weeks ago, just as a polite reminder!

*The initial email was still there in plain view on this person's reply - so they made themselves look a complete muppet there.
  • tea_lover wrote: »
    *The initial email was still there in plain view on this person's reply - so they made themselves look a complete muppet there.
    Oh dear :rotfl: I can't believe people do that!
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback