We've made some changed to Competitions Time. Please see this thread.

Who's ever won a holiday? Where to?!

Comments

• Karen148
    Karen148 Posts: 17
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I've been really lucky with holidays. Over the last 10 years or so I've won trips to Australia, Portugal, Monte Carlo, Norway, Edinburgh, Istanbul and Barcelona. All of which were brilliant !

I love comping!!
  • tammyk
    tammyk Posts: 735
    Forumite
    I only enter holiday comes which aren't restricted by term dates as I work in a school but I did win a £500 cottage holiday voucher last year which we used in the Cotswolds and a weekend in London the year before which was lovely.
    Comping since 2014!
  • A trip to Taipei last year, it was fab! Somewhere I would never have chosen to go but what an amazing place, the people were so nice, food was delicious, so much to see. Comping opens the mind!!!
  • Never...despite many many entries to holiday comps! I figure the comping fairies are just waiting to give me a really really good one :)
    I just enter and forget...hoping to win something! :)
  • I won a trip to the jack Daniels birthday party at the factory in Tennessee in 2007... Flew from London to Atlanta, then to Nashville, had two nights at the hotel there and a day at the factory in Lynchburg including tour of it, tasting with the master distiller, meal at BBQ hill (including many jack cocktails!) and a gig in the evening with juliette Lewis, patti smith and shingai from the noisettes. That was via an email comp. not sure of value as it's an unusual one-it was only a weekend but prob in the region of £1500-2000?

Then last year I won a trip to India with whittards. Filled in a comp entry form in store when buying a gift and a month or so later got an email saying I was the winner of the darjeeling high tea tour for two. It was amazing - 7 days with a personal driver and guide....learnt loads about tea, saw the Himalayan mountaineering institute, went on the little train, watched sunrise over the Himalayas and saw the tip of Everest as well as katchenchunga in all it's glory. Amazing trip and one I'd never have paid to go on as there are other places I'd pay to go first. Stunning. Cost I guest would've been £3000 ish?

Hoping for another holiday win this year! Fingers crossed!
  • TPoulter
    TPoulter Posts: 162
    Forumite
    What a lucky bunch! Although you do get luckier the more competitions you enter! Here's hoping....
  • fortuna93
    fortuna93 Posts: 686 Forumite
    All inclusive week in Bodrum with Mark Warner roughly worth £1500 as it was towards the end of the season
  • TashaTP
    TashaTP Posts: 1,163 Forumite
    I've won a few hols/breaks over the years...
    A trip to Barcelona
    A foodie break in Cornwall
    This trip to Portugal a few years back - I had a amazing time!
  • Fknuds
    Fknuds Posts: 42
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Won a £300 voucher for love holidays, have put it towards a holiday to lake garda.

Haven't won a full holiday or weekend away yet. Here's hoping though only been comping for a year.;)
  • Rocky27
    Rocky27 Posts: 156
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Amsterdam for 4 days with various gig tickets, flights, 5* hotel, expenses covered - superb!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure