IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Aldi Facebook Page Kicking Off after Parking Eye LBAs

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    And if you do, you get an e-mail from Weber Shandwick, a PR company, which completely avoids the simple question "Why is Aldi happy for its customers to be sued on its behalf for using the Aldi car park in order to spend money in Aldi stores?"

Really? Aldi are hiding behind a PR company and throwing money at this issue as well as throwing away custom?

Madness. Wake up Aldi and remember your business IS your customers.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Aaron_Aadvark
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »

Is the email a further template job? Can anyone post up a copy?

Good afternoon

Thank you for getting in touch. I am sorry to hear about your experience with Aldi.

I will ask a member of the regional team responsible for the store to contact you - can you please provide a phone number and postal address to make this possible? Also the name of the store where you usually shop?

Best wishes,
    Nnnn
    Aldi Customer Services Team
    [with a Weber Shandwick e-mail address]

This was in respect of a question about Aldi's policy, not a specific notice.
    Je suis Charlie
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    You can tell how out of touch they are , they posted this as a reply to the picture of the snarling dog :-

Aldi UK Hi John, thanks for your post. Please can you let us know some further information and your full contact details (including telephone number) via a private message? We'll pass this to our team who will be able to help. Thanks.

What do they want the phone number for, to speak to the dog and calm him down?
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,346 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Wow, there's one mega rant just up on the Aldi FB from Lynne Ryan? Well done Lynne, some pretty powerful points.

Well worth a read:

https://www.facebook.com/AldiUK?filter=2
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    trisontana wrote: »
    You can tell how out of touch they are , they posted this as a reply to the picture of the snarling dog :-

Aldi UK Hi John, thanks for your post. Please can you let us know some further information and your full contact details (including telephone number) via a private message? We'll pass this to our team who will be able to help. Thanks.

What do they want the phone number for, to speak to the dog and calm him down?

Wouldn't it be karma for the snarling German Shepherd to win the most votes in their 'fluffy' dog competition :rotfl:

A photo opportunity........ (sorry if a bit obtuse, but maybe he'll be along shortly) :)
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• Umkomaas
    Options

• trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Aldi are still not getting it. In reply to a facebook post about a young girl reduced to tears because of PE's threatening letters, ALDI replied thus:_

We’d like to assure you that if any customer feels they have received a charge unfairly, they can get in touch with us by either emailing us on customer-services@aldi.co.uk or by sending us a private message here on our Page and we’ll look into each appeal on a case by case basis. Thanks for getting in touch

All very well and good, except that the above statement is not included on any of the paperwork sent out by PE. So how the hell can a PE victim know that have this means of trying to get the ticket cancelled?
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Aaron_Aadvark
    Options
    Posted on Aldi's Facebook page:

"Aldi's partners Parking Eye are so proud of the county court action they have undertaken. You can check if your Aldi parking case is on their website. If you lose at court you can bet it will be soon - They are so low they boast of their exploits in a dedicated page - http://www.parkingeye.co.uk/News - proudly in association with supermarket of the year Aldi
    ParkingEye Car Park Management - News
    https://www.parkingeye.co.uk
    ParkingEye, in their first County Court Hearing since the arrival of Keeper Liability and the Protection of Freedoms Act, gained a resounding win. In a case that was heard at Truro Combined County Court Centre on the 31st of May, District Judge Thomas ordered the defendant to pay ParkingEye the £100...
    "
    Je suis Charlie
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be karma for the snarling German Shepherd to win the most votes in their 'fluffy' dog competition :rotfl:

A photo opportunity........ (sorry if a bit obtuse, but maybe he'll be along shortly) :)

It wasn't him who posted the picture. :o
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    This thread has had over 1700 views, yet the ALDI facebook page has only had a minute fraction of posts from the 1700 viewers.

It doesn't take long and people power just might have some result, so - what are you waiting for???
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure