Edf energy reviews: Give your feedback

Comments

• mrs_sparrow
    mrs_sparrow Posts: 1,917 Forumite
    EDF.... each 6 months they try and raise my DD by a hugely overinflated amount - one time it went up to £225 a month. We have just had another 'ride' of £50 a month. I have emailed them - again - and told them to reduce it back to £125 or I will switch. I must add that we have never got to our annual review and owed money. Go figure.

As we are going into the spring/summer the heating is off and ew will use about £70 a month and they are still getting £50 more of my money for a service they are not providing which I think is crazy. We do not earn any money.

Apparently my account is 'on hold' while I dispute the amount - I have no issue in switching. They are the cheapest but they seem to think they can help themselves to my money for a service they have not yet provided me and then have the audacity to question me when I tell them that they are taking too much.

And as for Live Chat - they promised to reduce the payment from £225 to £150 and never did so they just took the money. And of course, there was no proof of the conversation.
  • AVENUE
    AVENUE Posts: 173 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Ive decided to stick with EDF, I had switched from the 2014 May fix, to the June 2015 Blue+Price Promise, but have just got my Statement & they've now come out with a July 2015 Blue+Price Promise which is cheaper and I've switched to that one. Payments £72 per month which isn't much difference from what I was originally paying & less than the June Fix!

Was thinking of going to FU but having read many many complaints ive decided to stick with the Devil I know!

Regards - Avenue
  • Just_landed
    Just_landed Posts: 608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 3 May 2014 at 3:11AM
    I thought a couple of years ago I liked the way EDF worked (apart from their website a bit primitive compared to others) anyway I moved duel fuel to them, another good thing about them is you can take their latest offering if you want no mither. Well I was shocked they have just sent me an Email saying they are going to increase the amount of money they take each month from £106 to £149 a month quoting that based on the amount of fuel I used last YEAR (that's their wording) not the amount I used in the last 12 months, If people remember the winter period 12/13 was very cold for a longer than normal time frame. So I crunched the numbers went via MSE (you get £30 cash back) to Moneysupermarket and got quotes. I have set the wheels in motion to move to OVO for £101 a month. Why does every firm you deal with try to rip you off, even VISA are aiding and abetting rip-off firms.
  • Just_landed
    Just_landed Posts: 608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Anglicist wrote: »
    I have decided to write a review because my experience—unlike most others’—has been all smooth sailing.
    • Did your switch go smoothly?
    Yes. After I joined the Cheap Energy Club, I changed the tariff in a click with MyAccount at one of properties in my care and switched to EDF Energy at the other. On both occasions, there were no hassles.
    • Have you had problems since?
    No, none.
    • Is it easy to contact?
    Yes. Before the switch if I had any queries, I would contact them via Live Chat, after—with MyAccount via a “Contact us.” They replied within one working day.

All in all, excellent all round. I could have saved £78 a year by switching to the Cheap Energy Club’s top dual fuel deal, but after I had read some bad customer service feedback from those who use First Utility Energy and others, I decided not to.

You need to see the Which report about energy firms EDF are well down compared to First Utility and others.
  • MickyLuv
    MickyLuv Posts: 100 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 6 May 2014 at 5:17PM
    wrote:
    Why does every firm you deal with try to rip you off, even VISA are aiding and abetting rip-off firms.

It's way bigger than that and growing. Energy companies, finance companies, insurance companies all working together with politicians and lawmakers to make it legal to clean you out.

Contracts you can't terminate, bloated charges you can't stop or reduce, pension schemes that leave your pot empty after hidden fees and exit fees are deducted. All made perfectly legal and merely re-branded and repositioned when people start to complain too much.

And if there's anything left in your account after that lot have had their fill, there's a ever increasing list of agencies and departments being given the right to get in there and polish the dregs off.

We are the dwindled remains of a withering and hard pressed cash crop that keeps the wealth trickling upward.

At least our garden allotments haven't been commandeered for the production of bio-fuels, yet.

Regards,
    MickyLuv
    Regards,

Mike
  • Aquamania
    Aquamania Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    edited 21 July 2014 at 9:37AM
    Was on the EDF Blue Price promise April 2014.

Great switching to them, no problems whilst on supply, but at the end of the deal, there were a number of better deals available elsewhere.

I switched, but now almost 3 months later, I am still trying to leave EDF. Latest tactic has been for them to reinstate a direct debit mandate I had cancelled since they had both issued me a final bill with zero balance (after having repaid a small accrued credit), and confirmed separately in writing that my account had a zero balance and as they also confirmed EDF no longer supply me and no further monies will be owed

More details of my troubles with trying to leave EDF in the anyone else on the edf blue price promise April 2014 tariff thread
  • frank777
    frank777 Posts: 296 Forumite
    EDF new improved website - MyAccount

Direct Debit Payments (Found in Tariff Section) now indicate collected on 1st of each month
  • frank777
    frank777 Posts: 296 Forumite
    UPDATE: EDF new improved website - MyAccount
    EDF are aware of the problem with their new website and are working to correct this fault, it's been reported!

MyAccount - Tariff Section - Direct Debit Payments show collected on 1st of each month by default, it's a technical problem and won't be taken out on the 1st unless you have your DD setup for the 1st.
  • DavidC51
    DavidC51 Posts: 6 Forumite
    I have switched suppliers from EDF in April/May.
    Firstly they took extra payments from my bank without notification or warning (which the Bank refunded immediately). They spent 2 months preparing my final Bill. When that was finally available I was about £250 in credit. Meter readings had been submitted at the point of change over.
    They sent me a cheque for that credit.
    My account showed as being clear.
    However.....
    2 weeks later they wrote to me saying I was now about £250 in debit (even though my account was now closed and no further activity had occured)
    Every time I queried the figure they had a different story to explain what it was for.
    My on line account still showed clear until a day or so ago when they updated it to show me £250 ish in debit.
    Still no activity on my account or explanation as to where this figure comes from.
    Twice now I had emails from their customer service department assuring me that I don't actually owe any money and that the £250 was an error they made in calculating my Green Deal payments.
    I have been in dispute with them for a few weeks now but I am considering paying it just to get them off my back!
    Any advice before I get driven mad by EDF?
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    DavidC51 wrote: »
    I have switched suppliers from EDF in April/May.
    Firstly they took extra payments from my bank without notification or warning (which the Bank refunded immediately). They spent 2 months preparing my final Bill. When that was finally available I was about £250 in credit. Meter readings had been submitted at the point of change over.
    They sent me a cheque for that credit.
    My account showed as being clear.
    However.....
    2 weeks later they wrote to me saying I was now about £250 in debit (even though my account was now closed and no further activity had occured)
    Every time I queried the figure they had a different story to explain what it was for.
    My on line account still showed clear until a day or so ago when they updated it to show me £250 ish in debit.
    Still no activity on my account or explanation as to where this figure comes from.
    Twice now I had emails from their customer service department assuring me that I don't actually owe any money and that the £250 was an error they made in calculating my Green Deal payments.
    I have been in dispute with them for a few weeks now but I am considering paying it just to get them off my back!
    Any advice before I get driven mad by EDF?

You could e-mail the EDF Customer Services Director. Google for the e-mail address. You will get a response but it may be no different from what you have had already. My response to that would be to ask for the complaint to be 'deadlocked'. This will usually result in an escalation but if it doesn't then you do not have to delay going to the Ombudsman. The thought of you doing that worries them a great deal.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback