Options
2»

Comments

• Willing2Learn
    Willing2Learn Posts: 6,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I would just delete it :)
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • PRAISETHESUN
    PRAISETHESUN Posts: 3,719 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sounds like spam, or someone has given a fake number (which just happens to be yours) to them. Just delete/ignore and block if possible
  • P_Simmons
    Options
    Hello,

today I received a reasonably convincing letter through the post from "Arvato Financial Solutions" in Glasgow, claiming that PayPal had raised a debt with them for collection. After a bit of digging (including speaking to their call service advisor, but not giving anymore detail than were on the letter) it now appears to be that some scammers have cloned and are actively spoofing people as the Arvato company...

look on the fca website for arvato-financial-solutions-limited-clone (sorry as a new user I can't post the actual link)
  • shaggy
    shaggy Posts: 1,030 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    For the past two or three years I keep getting calls, texts from these muppets. The thing is, the message is not for me, because they mention another name which is not me and ask them to call them?? Im not in any debt at all - if I was , i'd receive threatening letters, so it could be a case of them somehow mistaking my phone number for someone elses.

Thing is I dont want to contact these muppets as it could be confirmation of a 'live' mobile number, but i do keep getting bombarded with phones and texts almost daily, the phone numbers i can block out, but it still fills out my voicemail box so its still annoying.

Any ideas? Should I report them to OFCOM?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    shaggy wrote: »
    For the past two or three years I keep getting calls, texts from these muppets. The thing is, the message is not for me, because they mention another name which is not me and ask them to call them?? Im not in any debt at all - if I was , i'd receive threatening letters, so it could be a case of them somehow mistaking my phone number for someone elses.

Thing is I dont want to contact these muppets as it could be confirmation of a 'live' mobile number, but i do keep getting bombarded with phones and texts almost daily, the phone numbers i can block out, but it still fills out my voicemail box so its still annoying.

Any ideas? Should I report them to OFCOM?

Just contact them and ask them to remove your details from their databases
  • Azipharel
    Options
    I keep getting texts and even emails from them. I do not have anything outstanding at all, and confident nobody is using any cards in my name, so IaI ignore, block and report for phishing. I would not click to say STOP. All sorts of low probability high impact risks from doing that, and there is no real upside, apart from taking away the pleasure of deleting them :smile:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure