Sky sports price increase

Comments

• loulou41
    loulou41 Posts: 2,871 Forumite
    When I spoke to sky I said I did not want to be tied for another 18 months at £22 for sky sports hd. I have chosen to give 31 days notice to downgrade at £18 with no contract. It will work cheaper as will cancel when sports season are over. I don't think you can cheaper than the £22. If anybody does pl let us know.
  • brewerdave wrote: »
    There must be some subscribers to Sky Sports who are still on the "old" SD boxes. Wonder what they are doing for them?

Customers with non-HD boxes are being sent free sky+HD boxes (A-Grade refurbished boxes), non-Sky+ (A-Grade refurbished boxes) or if available they can get Sky VIP tenure based offers on Sky Q if they'd prefer that.
  • cacti
    cacti Posts: 170 Forumite
    We received the Sky+HD box today. It annoys me that we have to upgrade to HD to continue viewing the sports channels. We don't watch films but have most of the other Sky channels. Having read through the 'Install' instructions we realise how complicated this is, to us anyway. Sky have no sense of loyalty to their customers of many years, they are only interested in new customers. This is a sure sign that they are losing customers to BT etc. We are willing to have a go at most things but are reluctant to try this installation. My husband is 86 and I am 71. We are both computer savvy so we are not completely 'afraid' of techy matters. Anyone done this installation? How difficult is it?
  • I read the email.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,507 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Just agreed a new deal - Sports HD is still shown as a separate item on the breakdown of the bill, as is Sky HD.
    So Sports £28 discounted to £10 and Sports HD £6 discounted to £2
  • brewerdave wrote: »
    Just agreed a new deal - Sports HD is still shown as a separate item on the breakdown of the bill, as is Sky HD.
    So Sports £28 discounted to £10 and Sports HD £6 discounted to £2

Probably always will be on existing customers bills, only new or returning customers will have it rolled into the base Sports price.
  • loulou41
    This is a very good deal sky sports discounted to £10. Any advice how you did it. Thanks
  • loulou41
    cacti wrote: »
    We received the Sky+HD box today. It annoys me that we have to upgrade to HD to continue viewing the sports channels. We don't watch films but have most of the other Sky channels. Having read through the 'Install' instructions we realise how complicated this is, to us anyway. Sky have no sense of loyalty to their customers of many years, they are only interested in new customers. This is a sure sign that they are losing customers to BT etc. We are willing to have a go at most things but are reluctant to try this installation. My husband is 86 and I am 71. We are both computer savvy so we are not completely 'afraid' of techy matters. Anyone done this installation? How difficult is it?

When I upgraded to sky hd+ I could not do the installation after several attempts.Sky wanted to charge me to send an engineer to install. I refused and said I will cancel and they agreed for a free install. It is worth ringing sky if you still cannot self install and explain your situation.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,507 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    loulou41 wrote: »
    This is a very good deal sky sports discounted to £10. Any advice how you did it. Thanks

Went thru Retentions on Friday; wasn't straightforward as initially they couldn't view my account because a high level complaint from last year was still open.

Once that was sorted, I was very surprised to be made an offer only £1 more than my previous deal.
    Now paying £34 pm for everything bar Cinema, all in HD. That includes £18 pm discount on entire Sports Pack and HD Sports reduced to £2:T

Had to agree to 18 month contract as she wouldn't offer the same prices for 12 months, but can't see an issue in my current circumstances.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure