PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 13th May 2019

Comments

• Manic Monday - Kitchen Kapers/Dining Room

Level 1

[STRIKE]Clear sides and wipe down
    Replace what lives there, wiping as you go
    Empty bin and clean it out too
    Wipe sill, sockets, door handles and switches
    Clear and clean sink and accessories - don't forget those out-of-sight places - under plugs and under draining racks[/STRIKE]
    Clean/polish table - wipe mats/change cloth
    Check fruit and wash bowl
    Throw away your manky dish cloth and replace with a new one!

Level 2

[STRIKE]Wipe down all cupboard and drawer fronts, not forgetting handles and tops and bottom as well as fronts!
    Clean hob - thoroughly. Wash all detachable parts too.
    Sort fridge and wipe seals; weave stuff that needs using up into your meal plan[/STRIKE]
    Dust dining area/room

Level 3

[STRIKE]Clean oven[/STRIKE] - don't forget lamp covers - remove them and wash them if you can
    [STRIKE]Sweep/mop/vacuum floor[/STRIKE]
    Wipe out or wash out whiffy bins
    Clean windows - and wipe the frames inside and out as far as you can

Extras
    HHI
    Mad Half Hour
    Binbag dance

Not bad.

I also washed a coat today, good drying day for thicker things.

The hoover has been all round. Its easier to carry on here than it is to bring it in and out, it's a little place and all on one level.

One of my offers on freecycle was collected today, and it's likely someone will take another. there's been a lot of no-shows lately though, so i won't take it down til it's collected.

i collected a second hand hoover for someone on saturday, as a favour. I was meant to drop it off at their house, they've had extenuating circumstances, i can't lift it out on my own, so i've been driving round with a hoover in the passenger seat for days waiting for their circumstances to become normal again!
    A bit of grin and bear it, a bit of come and share it
    You're welcome we can spare it, yellow socks
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Hello all!

I'm in, slightly lurking, sometimes flying from my own list, trying g desperately to get back into a routine. Today was a good day, even if the nanny pygmy goat and her 3 week old kids broke out of the stable and rampaged across the front garden. Honestly, they're so cute that I stood laughing for ages before rounding them up.
  • Goodintentions
    Goodintentions Posts: 1,882 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Good evening :D

Thanks Valli for the thread, and thanks to Natty for last week's thread.
    (((hugs))) to Dancemum - sorry for your loss.

No work for me on Mondays :j It's supposed to be a day to catch up, but I haven't done very well on that score! We have been food shopping - not too much as the fridge freezer is on its last legs! We needed to get out and keep busy as DS had his driving test! I am happy to report that he passed!! :j:j
    After lunch we visited the local aquatic centre as DS wants to get some fish (his latest obsession! :rotfl:) We have chosen an aquarium and cabinet, and he looked at heaters, plants, fish, etc. We aren't getting them yet - to be fair, he is doing his research, and he is paying for it!!
    I did manage to get to the allotment to cut the grass and plant the last of the potatoes :D My happy place!

Apart from the shopping, we have done some washing & cleaned the toilet!! At least that's some flying :rotfl:
  • Morning ladies

Poor nights sleep so feeling tired. Bedding on the line, showered and dressed, cleaner coming today. Have lovely days all xx
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,894 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Good morning
    It’s a change of plan here today. I have to crack on with getting the painting done. I’m aiming to do that and today’s level 1 (I managed to ‘forget’ the LR last week), hopefully a bathroom s&s as well. Yet again the allotment and the garden take the hit. This evening I have to go out to visit an old family friend who has had a fall and is in hospital. She is in her nineties and has no family. It’s very sad.

DW has been emptied this morning and the recycling is out. I’m taking DD to school so that we can muddle through some French on the way before this morning’s exam.
    Have a lovely day everyone.
  • BadCat18
    BadCat18 Posts: 1,042 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Morning all

Another lovely day here, washing in so will peg on line to dry when finished. Early start to paid stuff today so will try and do the living room when I have a break between telephone meetings later on.

Hope you all have a good day.
  • Fayolle wrote: »
    This evening I have to go out to visit an old family friend who has had a fall and is in hospital. She is in her nineties and has no family. It’s very sad.

My heart is with these people. She'll be so pleased you came.
    A bit of grin and bear it, a bit of come and share it
    You're welcome we can spare it, yellow socks
  • Mademoiselle
    Mademoiselle Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Not much flying will be done here as the day is already over full. But downstairs is tidied round, kitchen is respectable and have stripped the bed and put WM on, it can go straight back on before we go to bed tonight so bed has plenty of time to air.

Funfair setting up outside for the village fete this weekend, I am not amused, basically a week of noise and chaos on the road. But it's only once a year and I know my kids looked forward to it when they were younger.

Bon courage to Fayolle's DD, it's nice to hear that some still do French.
  • Goodintentions
    Goodintentions Posts: 1,882 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Good morning :D

Dog walked, breakfast for me and 2 smalls made & eaten, LR vac'd up and bank accounts checked. I have a day of chasing around 3 under 5's today, so I am not sure how much more will get done! OH emptied the DW before work.
    Must go - 3YO has just requested some sun cream on! :rotfl:
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,080 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Ooooh, Paul O'Grady, Valli - you personally or MSE or Flyladies? I like P O'G. And when?

Welcome Bad Cat! :wave: Flying works best when people post, so do carry on letting us know how it's going.

Drama. Layla collapsed on her 6.00 pm walk last night, off to the vets because I thought it was a fit; apparently she has a Grade 2/3 heart murmur. She's not a happy dog. Having had bloods taken she threw up in car coming home, and then wouldn't take anything apart from water once she was home; threw up this morning and then fainted again in her crate and doesn't mind being left in there. She shouldn't do stairs apparently, and only walking, not running when out and about, cardiology vet doesn't have any spare appointments locally until 10 June. Layla will be travelling to where the vet can see her, then. Thank goodness she's insured, which is the only good news. I'm devastated.

OH woke up this morning at 4.00 am to hear a cat hissing in the bathroom, went in there to find two black cats, only one of which is ours. We've cat-proofed house and yard so effectively that while (obviously) a cat can get in, none of them can get out apparently. I did wonder why ours had suddenly started eating bread during the night, crapping in the shower and shedding black fur in the basement and why Higgs hissed at me yesterday. Fake Higgs, basically. It's now in a very, very inaccessible place but I've fed it well (it was obviously absolutely starving) and given it a bowl of water and it has access to a litter tray. It's absolutely terrified. Ours are shut in the sitting room with the same facilities. I have no idea how I'm going to trap it, and the vet practice can't access their stray cat register because the computer's down.

OH decluttered to the station on his way to the Cannes Film Festival - with my blessing, with Brownie Points because he offered to cancel going - car washed with the leftover water from clearing up the dogsick in the back, yoghurt strained, washing folded and put away, WM run with rug from car, another load about to go on (may as well, sun is shining), about to walk Layla.

Three guests arriving late this afternoon so the cat situation has to be resolved by then, and I'm hosting a meeting tonight which was always going to be tricky. Just as well I got all the supplies in for it yesterday on my way back from volunteering.
    Better is good enough.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport