Symbio Energy feedback

Comments

• steve900
    steve900 Posts: 82 Forumite
    Hi. Interesting reading through these posts. I signed my mum and dad over to them on April 12. April 26 was the supply start date according to their email but had nothing from them asking for meter reads or telling me of a delay.

Will wait a few more days. Their account with Octopus (losing supplier) has changed today so that it won't take meter reads and the balance seems way off from what it should be so things must be happening somewhere. I just don't know what is happening.
  • steve900
    steve900 Posts: 82 Forumite
    edited 27 April 2019 at 12:43AM
    I meant to say, the tariff in the ScottishPower region when I signed up is 18p per day standing charge and 12p per unit. I run another check there and the tariff has stayed the same.
  • Tafrock
    Tafrock Posts: 747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    As I said above check with your local distribution company it will tell you if your still with octopus or symbio. Symbio aren't very communicative during the switch n you receive a email asking for meter reading once it's gone through. Nowt strange about that really. I had a similar experience when switching to powershop
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    The switch was completed on the 12 April and supplied them with a meter read a day before. Tonight I have received an email from them to advise they have today submitted my read to the official body for verification.

I had assume this was done a few weeks back. What have then been doing all this time. It means I will have to wait even longer for my £100 credit from my former supplier. Not very happy!
  • Tafrock
    Weird that. My switch completed 24th April and I today received same email as you. I think it's a mistake and it means your first bill is being prepared based on your readings. Symbio say they bill 1st of month and we both have same email
  • Dizzee_Rebel
    Dizzee_Rebel Posts: 77 Forumite
    MABLE wrote: »
    The switch was completed on the 12 April and supplied them with a meter read a day before. Tonight I have received an email from them to advise they have today submitted my read to the official body for verification.

I had assume this was done a few weeks back. What have then been doing all this time. It means I will have to wait even longer for my £100 credit from my former supplier. Not very happy!

I'm sure my switch completed a few days before yours, on the 8th or 9th of April. Suprise suprise, I've had an email from them at 18.30 aswell, also saying my readings have been sent off for verification.

Sooo, I 'm wondering if this is another generic email they've sent out. I'm not sure if you had one, but they sent me an email 10 days ago requesting me to set up a Direct Debit, even though I'd already given them my details when I originally signed up.

I phoned them at the time and spoke to a different gentleman than I've spoke with in the past. I'm now convinced its a 2 man, 1 woman operation. The language barrier is still poor, & the general understanding of what your calling about is still an issue. Each time I contact them on the phone I'm less & less convinced.

Anyways I did manage to ascertain that they did already have my bank details, & the Direct Debit email was generic & sent to everyone. So I'm wondering if this is another generic email sent to everyone who switched around that time?
  • Tafrock
    Ooo I'm feeling left out I had no direct debit email just the meter reading one

As you say some of the wording in emails is indeed very very poor.

Out of interest is your account manager Nancy pinto. Maybe we should compile a list of people we speak to. I've not rang them at any point yet just had emails from Nancy
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,134 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    I've had an automatic reply yesterday [FONT=&quot]which says [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]'Thank you very much for submitting your meter readings.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]We have sent your meter reads to our regulator for approval.'[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Meter readings were submitted on 15/04 and received a reply. Supply started on 22/04.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]My account manager is also Nancy Pinto, Tafrock.
    [/FONT]
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    My account manager is Deepak Chettiar.
  • Tafrock
    That's 2 people in customer services then lol
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories