Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Autumn86
    • By Autumn86 8th Jun 19, 5:16 PM
    • 209Posts
    • 59Thanks
    Autumn86
    Am I entitled to any benefits? (Average income earner)
    • 8th Jun 19, 5:16 PM
    Am I entitled to any benefits? (Average income earner) 8th Jun 19 at 5:16 PM
    Hello I just wondered if anyone knew of any benefits which I am entitled to based on my salary?

I used to claim various benefits for multiple years, and so was very knowledgable about them all;
    However that was many years ago now, but so am not especially well-versed with what the current available benefits out there area...

I work full-time (36 hours per week / 3x 12-hour shifts), and my monthly take-home pay (after tax) is between 1,960 - 2,050.
    I get paid at an enhanced rate for every shift which is a night shift (so every alternate week) + for all shifts which are on weekends, so my pay can vary by around 100 either way each month.

So my yearly salary is just over 30k,
    which whilst I appreciate doesn't put me in poverty, as someone who lives/works in the London area this is probably slightly below average wage.

I'm aged in my late 20s, not married, and don't have any kids, so know I don't qualify for any child benefits;
    But wondered if I qualify for any other benefits or tax-breaks such as working-tax credits?
    Last edited by Autumn86; 08-06-2019 at 5:18 PM.
Page 3
    • KatrinaWaves
    • By KatrinaWaves 12th Jun 19, 9:32 AM
    • 719 Posts
    • 1,357 Thanks
    KatrinaWaves
    I'm a nurse?

Not sure when I got that job, but no I'd find that job too dirty & boring, with too low authority.
    Originally posted by Autumn86
    Low authority? How much authority are you pretending to have on 30k in London? My partner got that as an intern in London 10 years ago!

Oh and also obvious troll is obvious, considering you were a Band 3 NHS worker on 22k less than a year ago, that would be someone with far less authority than a nurse... https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5891489
    Last edited by KatrinaWaves; 12-06-2019 at 9:39 AM.
    • Metranil Vavin
    • By Metranil Vavin 17th Jun 19, 10:22 PM
    • 4,466 Posts
    • 16,556 Thanks
    Metranil Vavin
    Ahhh..lovely to see Andy is still trolling about these here boards...

Metranil dreams of becoming a neon,
    You don't even take him seriously,
    How am I going to get to heaven?,
    When I'm just balanced so precariously..
    • parkrunner
    • By parkrunner 18th Jun 19, 4:00 PM
    • 2,046 Posts
    • 3,328 Thanks
    parkrunner
    Why would having a spotlessly clean credit-record with zero history of ever needing to rely on loans/or getting into debt have an adverse impact on me getting a mortgage?

I had the opportunity in 2008 to withdraw around 10,500 onto cash from various credit cards, and so I chose to take that opportunity and then use the statute-barring method to get the debt written off.

But so whilst yes for 6 years (until 2014) my credit-record showed those debts,
    Since 2014 (so for over 5+ years now) my credit record has been spotless, with no trace or record of any loans or debts whatsoever.
    Originally posted by Autumn86
    I don't believe a word of what you say. Walter Mitty at best, straight up liar at worst.
    It's nothing , not nothink.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

312Posts Today

4,601Users online

Martin's Twitter