myhermes is tracking included?

2»

Comments

• Thanks all, got parcel sent, didn't opt for the signature as I got the barcode tracking which is all good.

To answer others on the thread, I think I would probably choose the signature if the item was hard to replace or maybe around the £50 mark or above. Maybe it won't make such a difference, but it's worth it just my own peace of mind.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Thanks all, got parcel sent, didn't opt for the signature as I got the barcode tracking which is all good.

To answer others on the thread, I think I would probably choose the signature if the item was hard to replace or maybe around the £50 mark or above. Maybe it won't make such a difference, but it's worth it just my own peace of mind.

Unless the "signature" gives extra compensation when purchased there is NO requirement for it unless the item is £750 or more.

Have a quick read of this for example https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=6013777 it's the other side of your scenario [nearly] but it has a signature. The only issue here is the OP suggests it was left with a neighbour. A signature gives no peace of mind. Just make sure you are covered with sufficient insurance to a cost that you are happy with.
  • Thanks 'theonlywayisup'. Just been having a read, wow my jaw dropped when I read that the deliverer just signs on the signature pad when it's handed over. Bang goes my so called peace of mind with the signature.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure