Symbio Energy feedback

Comments

• Tafrock
    Tafrock Posts: 747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Glad everyone is sticking together and still posting relentlessly. I post so often because as fewkeste said I do have concerns about this company. I'm willing to give them a go, not too bothered about the so called advance billing as its really what most other companies do. You pay a monthly sum and its offset by the bill issued a couple of weeks later. Don't really understand the 3 monthly thing though. Especially as this company initially wanted us all to have smart meters installed. I'll stick with them for now, take my fiver (thank you very much) but continue taking readings when I feel the need to do so. If I'm regularly over billed I'll take it up with them. Especially as due to their opening reading !!!! up my meter doesn't even read what they've estimated it to be on May 2. It's currently reading 8509.9 and they estimated it to be 8541.5 on the 2nd. As I said earlier they took my may 1st reading as my April 24th reading. Hopefully powershop will bill to that may 1st reading.

As for the relentless posting this threads only at 10 pages. Last time I looked (in part due to eager contributors like myself and fewkeste) my previous suppliers powershops thread was in excess of 55 pages
  • Tafrock
    Oops yet another post. So soon after the last post too. Apologies in advance to those I may infuriate.

However I have just been on trust pilot and symbios thread has become quite active in last 24 hours

So active they have taken the time to respond in person and we now have the name of their senior customer services rep

Here's one of their many replies.

Dear Reviewer
    Thank you for taking the time to letting us know about our performance. We are sorry, we have let you down. We acknowledge our shortcomings and are working on improving our service. We will try and become a 'proper teapot' but your point is well made. The customer is always right and for this we sincerely apologise. If you are minded, please e-mail our senior customer service manager on sam.b@symbioenergy.co.uk and we will see if we can arrange some small recompense for your troubles.

We wish you well for the future

Best wishes

Symbio Energy Team
  • Dizzee_Rebel
    Dizzee_Rebel Posts: 77 Forumite
    Tafrock wrote: »
    Oops yet another post. So soon after the last post too. Apologies in advance to those I may infuriate.

However I have just been on trust pilot and symbios thread has become quite active in last 24 hours

So active they have taken the time to respond in person and we now have the name of their senior customer services rep

Here's one of their many replies.

Dear Reviewer
    Thank you for taking the time to letting us know about our performance. We are sorry, we have let you down. We acknowledge our shortcomings and are working on improving our service. We will try and become a 'proper teapot' but your point is well made. The customer is always right and for this we sincerely apologise. If you are minded, please e-mail our senior customer service manager on [EMAIL="sam.b@symbioenergy.co.uk"]sam.b@symbioenergy.co.uk[/EMAIL] and we will see if we can arrange some small recompense for your troubles.

We wish you well for the future

Best wishes

Symbio Energy Team

Another thing that irritates me... they don't work weekends. Not even a few hours on a Saturday morning, yet they are available to reply to comments on Trustpilot...
  • Tafrock
    Totally agree dizzee rebel. My bill states customer services opening hours as Monday to Friday 9 til 6. However website contains this 'Symbio Energy Customer Serivces: Monday-Friday 9am-6pm & Saturday 9am-3pm'

It's little things like this that are letting the company down. I'm willing to give them a chance but conflicting information isn't helping

I shall post a trust pilot review as invited to on my bill. I will mention this and other discrepancies

I will also invite symbio to appoint a forum representative to answer queries on this thread. Other companies do the same. After all symbio customer services have plenty of time on their hands at weekends
  • Dizzee_Rebel
    Dizzee_Rebel Posts: 77 Forumite
    However website contains this 'Symbio Energy Customer Serivces: Monday-Friday 9am-6pm & Saturday 9am-3pm'

Well, how sneaky is that? Had I known this, I would have phoned them earlier today. I've just check my bill email & it states:

"Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact the Customer Services Team on 0800 041 8110 or email us at [EMAIL="customerservices@symbioenergy.co.uk"] customerservices@symbioenergy.co.uk[/EMAIL] The Customer Service hours are from 9.00 am to 6.00 pm, Monday to Friday."

No mention of Saturday.

After all symbio customer services have plenty of time on their hands at weekends
    Not after people read this, you've let the cat out of the bag, so to speak :T:rotfl:
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,135 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Dobbibill wrote: »
    Update from me.

Email dropped into my inbox first thing this morning with a bill attached going from my switch over date, 22/04/19 to 02/05/19.

The opening reading didn't match the one I submitted but as long as it matches my closing reading on my previous provider, I'm not overly concerned.

It is an estimated bill as I hadn't submitted any further readings since switching and mentions a due date on it but goes on to state, if paying by DD this will be an automated transaction, which I've took to mean they will collect my normal agreed amount.

I've since submitted an up to date reading and will do so regularly going forward as I did with my other provider so we will see if future bills are still estimated or actual/customer readings.

An hour and a half later, another email arrived regarding their change of T&Cs echoeing what someone else already said above about the small credit and extra 2 months by way of a 'thank you'.

DD yet to be taken - I believe it is set up for one day next week.
    Will update the thread if that goes through as planned/expected.

So far, so good - nothing that concerns me compared to any other provider.

Dobbi

NEW UPDATE
    Email just dropped in with an amended bill - email subject heading Symbio Energy Revised Electricity Bill for xxxxxxxx - April 2019

A new bill (reduced from previous Estimated bill) although the same message re: automated process if on a DD.

The bill is a few quid less than the previous bill although strangely still an E - estimated bill but with my reading that I submitted on the weekend as my 'previous reading' and a new lesser reading for the estimate thus making the calculation lower in £s.

Still not caused me any major concerns but thought I would keep the thread updated for others.

Dobbi
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 8 May 2019 at 10:21AM
    I phoned them this am and very impressed with their telephone system. It advised me what place I was in the queue. They have given compensation for the issues raised. Also confirmed my account will be credited with £5.00 and two months extension on my fix tariff. The gentleman i spoke to was Deepak and extremely helpful.
  • Tafrock
    Excellent to hear this mable. I was impressed by the replies both to yours and my trustpilot review by symbio.

I am waiting on a reply from my previous supplier (powershop) about my closing meter read so I can ring symbio myself and tell them what readings to use on my account.

The customer service seems to be improving at symbio so I'm confident I will remain as a customer now
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Excellent to hear this mable. I was impressed by the replies both to yours and my trustpilot review by symbio.

I am waiting on a reply from my previous supplier (powershop) about my closing meter read so I can ring symbio myself and tell them what readings to use on my account.

The customer service seems to be improving at symbio so I'm confident I will remain as a customer now

I posted my review on Trust Pilot on Bank holiday Monday and by 6pm a resolution was reached at. How good is that. You would not get that with a lot of suppliers.
  • Tafrock
    Looks like may have got in just in time for the cheapest rates too. Symbios latest tariff fixed dd monthly plan may is £15.89 a year dearer for me than the one I'm on. Its still the cheapest fix available though only beaten by outfox with their one variable 4.0. And of course as I'm accepting the revised terms and conditions and staying ill get my rate for 14 months now and a fiver bonus

Keep it up symbio. You're heading on the right direction
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure