Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally

Comments

• The food was lovely at the restaurant. I had aubergine curry. We got drinks from the bar, then ordered food and coffee from the table. They only charged for the stuff we ordered from the table, so my friend's cocktails and my coke didn't get charged for! So I only spent £11.50 on my main and a coffee :).

It was nice to catch up with what everyone had been up to. We tried to set up a group chat on Messenger to make arranging future nights out easier, which was hilarious. We managed to set up two groups with one person missing, then finally got it right at the third attempt and had to delete the other two groups :). It took us about an hour!
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Glad you had a lovely time. Bonus about not paying for those drinks though. x
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • Sounds like a lovely evening, HH. Just what you needed too:j.

Made me smile that your DH had asked you if you'd need £50 for your night out and it ended up costing you barely over 20% of that. I hope you didn't stint yourself on the food though. You work so hard and do so much for others you deserve to treat yourself every now and then:A

Have a good saunter today with some good book bargains:beer:. That's if the weather doesn't stop you going. It looks as if it's pretty stormy in your neck of the woods:eek:.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    Great to hear you had a good evening . If you are off out this morning hope you find some good books.
  • Nicnak wrote: »
    Glad you had a lovely time. Bonus about not paying for those drinks though. x

It was :)
    Sounds like a lovely evening, HH. Just what you needed too:j.

Made me smile that your DH had asked you if you'd need £50 for your night out and it ended up costing you barely over 20% of that. I hope you didn't stint yourself on the food though. You work so hard and do so much for others you deserve to treat yourself every now and then:A

Have a good saunter today with some good book bargains:beer:. That's if the weather doesn't stop you going. It looks as if it's pretty stormy in your neck of the woods:eek:.

I don't really feel hungry at the moment Carboot so I had plenty to eat. Don't worry nothing will stop me going out on a Saturday, although the weather is wet and windy :eek:.
    Great to hear you had a good evening . If you are off out this morning hope you find some good books.

Thanks Cumbria :)
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Your curry sounded really nice Hairy and an excellent result on the cost!:)

Enjoy your saunter today and I hope the weather picks up in the West Country. Looking sunny here in Seasideville at the moment!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,820
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Glad that you had a lovely time.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Your curry sounded really nice Hairy and an excellent result on the cost!:)

Enjoy your saunter today and I hope the weather picks up in the West Country. Looking sunny here in Seasideville at the moment!
    beanielou wrote: »
    Glad that you had a lovely time.

Thanks both :)
  • I went on my Saturday saunter. I met my stepdad for coffee and we chatted for a couple of hours. Then he went home and I looked around the charity shops.

I didn't find any books I liked but found a bargain chopping board reduced from £28 to £8.40, which I thought would make a good wedding present for my nephew. I also got myself a mug reduced from £7 to £2.10 :T. I got my fruit in Mr T and the fruit stall.

When I got home I cleaned out the furry moron and emptied the bins. I was very pleased with myself after that as I rearranged the cupboards under the stairs. We have two; one full of everything, which meant we have to unpack half the cupboard to get the hoover or ironing board out, while the smaller one just had shoes in. So I rearranged the shoes and the hoover fitted easily in the smaller cupboard. Now it's much easier to get the hoover and the ironing board out :T. I don't know why I didn't think of it before, doh.
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    So glad you enjoyed your night HHOD, such a blooming bargain too :D xx
    Mummytogirls x

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income