PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - help and support in tough times

Comments

• camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,002 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Great news for your friend mcculloch, nice to hear someone winning who deserves some good luck.

Good to hear your OH is recovering candlelight, must be such a worry. Fuddle, get well soon.
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    FUDDLE, take those meds and get yourself better petal. I know you hate to admit to any vulnerability but you are only as human as the rest of us. If I had to overcome the sort of problems that you have faced I would be a whimpering mess by now. You have been strong, too strong, for too long and something has to give.
    And as I'm on my soap box i will say another thing. You cannot live your mother's life. She doesn't make good choices but they are HER choices. I know how much it upsets you and I am truly sorry but there is nothing, absolutely nothing that you can do about it.
    Before people weigh in by telling me how harsh I am being let me reassure you all that fuddle and I understand each other. She knows that she is special to me. That's how I can be rude to her.

Candlelight. I don't think I had fully realised quite what you and your DH had been going through. It sounds horrific and I am so sorry. I do hope that you will both manage your trip to Norfolk, it is so good to have a goal in mind. Also, I do hope that you can manage to look after yourself as well. You are having to be strong for both of you and that can be both exhausting and scary. Let us keep encouraging you.

Nursemaggie: your DS seems to be having a tough time. They are certainly getting their money's worth out of him. I hope it gets better for him soon.
    I don't know what we would do on here without your medical knowledge and help. You are always reassuring us and giving really good advice. Such a shame that your back problems cut your nursing career short. You are the sort of nurse that we would all like to look after us if we were in hospital. You are a great loss to the NHS. All I wish for you is a nice flat with enough space to live comfortably. If I ruled the world.........................

x
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • Softstuff
    Softstuff Posts: 3,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    If you ruled the world Monnagran, it'd be fairer and more fun at the same time.

Fuddle, sending you virtual hugs. It's hard enough to deal with anxiety and mum isses when you're fully well, but when you're not one compounds the other.

More hugs for you Candlelight, what a time you've had. Like Monnagran says though, don't forget to look after yourself too.

Nursemaggie, what was happening with the management training for DS? The sooner he gets to be the boss the better.
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    The management training stopped when they stopped him working for seasonal. It was the seasonal manager who was giving him training. He will have to be patient and wait until his 3 months trial is up. I think he has about 5 weeks left of it.

There is a guy on seasonal who is bone idle. Everyone complains about him even other departments. I think the manager on seasonal is waiting until DS finishes his trial period and then he will sack this guy and DS can apply for the post. He is not allowed to move to another department until he finishes his trial period.

DS thinks this guy is coming up to his 13 week appraisal. I am sure he has passed it he started 2 weeks before DS started his work experience. He must have started in January.

You can tell how bored he is with trolleys he is organising himself a schedule to collect each type of trolley in by a certain time. Just to make it more interesting. He still keep sneaking off to seasonal. He has sold a ton of stuff on there this last two weeks. He can't even have a bonus on it.
  • Softstuff
    Softstuff Posts: 3,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Well, hopefully his patience pays off. They can see he's perfectly suited there and he seems happy in seasonal too. My fingers are crossed.
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
  • Dear MONNA who amongst us WOULD think you were harsh to FUDDLE? We've never seen anything but absolute support from you for anyone who has problems and is dealing with them however they can. FUDDLE too has a strength that stands out as she strives to right everyones worlds, like you she is an amazing human being. You both have had to and still are coping with circumstances in your lives that would have flattened most people and still the love and helpfulness flows from each of you with a willingness whenever others need it. You are two people I'm proud to know and call friends, bless you both!
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Dear MONNA who amongst us WOULD think you were harsh to FUDDLE? We've never seen anything but absolute support from you for anyone who has problems and is dealing with them however they can. FUDDLE too has a strength that stands out as she strives to right everyones worlds, like you she is an amazing human being. You both have had to and still are coping with circumstances in your lives that would have flattened most people and still the love and helpfulness flows from each of you with a willingness whenever others need it. You are two people I'm proud to know and call friends, bless you both!

Hear hear :T

Best wishes to your DS nursemaggie. My fingers are crossed too. It's hard enough to have to go to work knowing you're going to be really bored, without being tired out and in pain into the bargain :(

Candlelight Sending (((HUGS)))

Heard yesterday that my poorly brother has booked to come and see us for a couple of days in October :j Hopefully he'll be well enough when the time comes. We will collect him from the airport and take him back.
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Just a quickie, the new millionaire and his wife now have a beautiful healthy baby boy. Braxson arrived under his own steam this morning and Dad K. got there with ten minutes to spare. There are some gorgeous pics on FB. :D
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • Welcome to the world small person, may you only know love and happiness and may you give only love and joy in return xxx.
  • Welcome to the world, little Braxson.... Congratulations to mummy and daddy !
    :j[DFW Nerd club #1142 Proud to be dealing with my debt:TDMP start date April 2012. Amount £21862:eek:April 2013 = £20414:T April 2014 = £11000 :TApril 2015 = £9500 :T April 2016 = £7200:T
    DECEMBER 2016 - Due to moving house/down-sizing NO MORTGAGE; NO OVERDRAFT; NO DEBTS; NO CREDIT CARDS; NO STORE-CARDS; NO LOANS = FREEDOM:j:j:beer::j:j:T:T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure