PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The KonMarie method

Comments

• jinny
    jinny Posts: 1,889 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Welcome justamum
    and all newbies joining this great thread.
    yes addictive isnt it!
    Im still not feeling great post cold but I cant wait to get cracking again next week.
    ”Pour yourself a drink, (tea for me now)
    Put on some lipstick
    and pull yourself together”
    - Elizabeth Taylor
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    jinny wrote: »
    Er what are you doing buying?
    Yes, there is that :o

I bought some oversize bulky bathroom mats as I thought they would go well in my parent's shower room. I'll show them during the week and they can return them if they don't want them.

I also bought a coat from the chazzer which I was in 2 minds about (as I don't actually need it) but have beem wearing it indoors for the last 3 hours, that is how much joy it is bringing me :D

Did a bit of a naughty today. I went back to my parents wearing my new blouse yesterday, when I emerged from bed this morning my Mum was trying it for size. Shamefully it looked better on her! But I insisted she had it, I won't miss it and she really did look the business.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • jinny
    Ok vfm we can excuse you. Due to your kindness re blouse
    enjoy your new coat. The blouse made room for it I guess.
    Put on some lipstick
    - Elizabeth Taylor
  • Justamum, I too hang most of my clothes and use a little 3 drawer bedside for undies, socks and pajamas. I did the socks as usual, but stood them up instead of throwing them in.
  • jinny
    edited 12 January 2015 at 12:19AM
    I just have a hanging rail for clothes and even hang my 3 pairs of pyjamas. Only as I have nowhere else to put them
    I have a small dressing table next to my bed that has 3 drawers that doubles as a bedside table
    The top drawer is full of make up most I never wear
    combs brushes ect hair accessories
    Second drawer hair dryer (never use it)
    Straighteners-same curlers nail varnish and general c**p
    Bottom drawer undies socks bras ect
    Shoes boots ect in a clear plastic wheeled bin under bed
    I don't keep many clothes as don't need them
    Coughing n sneezing permitting
    Will get cracking tomorrow
    Never catch colds whats going on?
    I have nearly finished the book however,
    Put on some lipstick
    - Elizabeth Taylor
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Bought the ebook yesterday, saving it toread in small bits....how stupid is that? Was £5+so not sure until it comes up on bank records how much it has really cost (euro)

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
  • Justamum
    Justamum Posts: 4,727 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    skeeter93 wrote: »
    Justamum, I too hang most of my clothes and use a little 3 drawer bedside for undies, socks and pajamas. I did the socks as usual, but stood them up instead of throwing them in.

I lay my socks out in pairs on top of each other. I put the clean ones at the bottom of the pile, so all my socks get the same amount of wear. All my other undies I do the same.

I couldn't see on Youtube the Konmarie method of folding socks, but I don't like the ones where the elastic is stretched over the pair to make a ball as I don't think that's good for the elastic.
  • Justamum
    Justamum Posts: 4,727 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    jinny wrote: »
    Never catch colds whats going on?

I was congratulating myself just before Christmas on how we never get colds in our house, then a couple of days later I caught a nasty head cold. :rotfl:
  • penguine
    penguine Posts: 1,101 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I just bought this book over the weekend (as our library doesn't have it) and it's a really fun read. Her anthropomorphism is very charming (even if I have trouble believing my possessions have feelings) and she has lots of great ideas. I'm going to work on sorting out my clothes over the next few weeks. We have been living out of wardrobe boxes since we moved house in November because we haven't had wardrobes built yet. It would be nice to have them in perfect order from the start!
    Justamum wrote: »
    I couldn't see on Youtube the Konmarie method of folding socks, but I don't like the ones where the elastic is stretched over the pair to make a ball as I don't think that's good for the elastic.

KonMari agrees with you, she says that socks deserve a well-earned rest while they're in the drawer!
  • jinny
    edited 12 January 2015 at 12:11PM
    Ok feel this cold is finally going feel like getting stuck back into the
    Decluttering today
    Stopped for a coffee and a quick look on this thread
    Totally becoming obsessed with this book.
    I'm a terrible procrastinator so anything that gets me up an atem
    Is great
    I hope it's ok but I thought I would
    Post some of my favourite quotes from the book
    I've put this one on my notice board in the kitchen
    If you have read the book perhaps you could post yours.

"By handling each sentimental item and deciding what to discard, you process your past. To put your things in order means to put your past in order, too. It's like resetting your life and settling your accounts so that you can take the next step forward."

"Presents are not "things" but a means for conveying someone's feelings."
    Put on some lipstick
    - Elizabeth Taylor
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills