Unauthorised money taken mwsf.co.uk

Comments

• Apples2 wrote: »
    So after all that you requested your refund in writing, as detailed in the terms and conditions?

What? No?

I sent another email detailing what I intended to do if I was not to receive a response from them (you can see the email in my original post). I received a full refund the same day that they took my money from me. In this case emailing them with persistence, determined and somewhat threatening manner lead to a far more effective outcome. I don't think you can get a quicker refund than the one I've managed to get.
  • What? No?

I sent another email detailing what I intended to do if I was not to receive a response from them (you can see the email in my original post). I received a full refund the same day that they took my money from me. In this case emailing them with persistence, determined and somewhat threatening manner lead to a far more effective outcome. I don't think you can get a quicker refund than the one I've managed to get.
    Yes but if you could understand that anybody wanting your debit card details are doing it for one reason only - to deprive you of your funds, you would have saved yourself a lot of time and hassle.
  • Oh, tell me about it. Like I said, I was stupid and naive to think anything else. Its a mistake I will never be repeating.
  • Hi guys. I was too burned by these awful people -from the site SmileFinance, a site I had never used in my life - Obviously my details were passed on in some sort of illegal manner and, today, my account was charged for the total of £35.34, I was incredibly confused at first, as the debited payment showed up on my statement as "WW MWSF""... Something that left me completely baffled. After some digging around on Google, I found this forum. I sent the company a couple of emails, to no avail, and tried calling them - The number was apparently "not in use". After this I decided I wasn't going to be played and sent them the following email:

Could you please confirm that you have received my email and are willing to process my refund. If not I will be forced to open a case against you, I will be looking for a full refund, damages for breach of my statutory rights, unlawfully taking money out of my bank and will furthermore be contacting my bank to register your transaction as unlawful. Thank you,

<my name>

After this I received the following email:

Thank you for your email.

As per the terms and conditions on our website, you have the right to cancel and receive a full refund within 14 days.

Can you please complete the attached refund request form and return it to us, and upon receipt of the form, your fee will be refunded within 7 days.

Please go to <generiv website url of none-help (I am not allowed to post links as a new member)> for full terms and conditions.

Yours sincerely,

Customer Service.

I believe this email was in response to one of the previous (less threatening) emails I had sent before. However, after a minute (if that) I received this email, presumably after they had read my 'threatening email':

Dear <my name>,

We are now looking to process this email today please can you supply

Your account number and sort code so we are able to do

A BANK TRANSFER FOR YOU.

REGARDS

I informed the correspondent that I had alerted my bank that I was about to give out my bank details and that they would be keeping a close watch on my account transactions. Within the time-scale of 8 HOURS (I was at work and unable to check my bank account) I had received a FULL REFUND (the amount, as previously stated, of £35.34) from "EQI INDEPENDENT LT". I received no confirmation email that my refund had been processed, indicating to me that these sub-human scum suckers really don't enjoy refunding you what is rightfully yours and would much rather hold on to it for as long as humanly possible until you send them a posted letter to request it back - Even then I've read some other horror stories of 'month long delays', from other various forums and message boards.

I really hope this helps some people get their cash back, I was in a real panic this morning and if it wasn't for this forum I would of been incredibly stuck as where (or who) to go regarding chasing this up. Please feel free to copy and paste my exact email in order to, hopefully, getting your own money back (although, you may want to put the same jist into your own words as so they don't catch on). In fact, feel free in copying and pasting this entire message to anyone or anywhere that people are in need of a solution.

I, like many others on this forum (from what I've gathered), was very stupid and naive to enter my full bank details and card number into sites I knew absolutely nothing about. I genuinely am so thankful that only one company got a hold of my details and tried to rip me off (I entered my details into various sites a couple of weeks ago and, thus far, this has been the only one payment that has tried to scam me, if there are more suspected unpleasant surprises ahead, please do let me know!). I will COMPLETELY learn from this mistake and see it as a learning curve. Researching and looking into sites to confirm that are trusted agencies is a MUST when looking for a short-term loan, and I only wish I'd learnt this sooner, even though I do consider myself extremely lucky in this circumstance. I really hope this post helps at least one person. It makes me sick to see these fat cats leaching off of people in their time of need. Good luck, guys, and thanks so much for helping me out with all your info!

(I'm sorry this was such an essay to read)

Hello there.... Just to let you know I am going through this too with two companies!! Thanks for the advice!
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Hello there.... Just to let you know I am going through this too with two companies!! Thanks for the advice!

If the t&c's say to write to them then do so, don't rely on email.
  • purepink
    purepink Posts: 38 Forumite
    I would like to issue a word of warning here, if I may... I'm not sure where else to post it? For a very long time, I have been receiving phone calls on my landline for a company called 'Loan Marketing'. I do not have any link with the company whatsoever. Every person who rang told me the same story (and there were many of them!) Money had been taken out of their bank accounts without their permission. The amounts varied from £1 to £250 and the calls I received were, in some instances, quite aggressive, demanding that I refund their money. I asked every caller where they got my number from and each time they replied "the Bank gave it to me". It seems that when they told the bank that money had been taken without their consent, the bank told them to ring Loan Marketing and gave them MY number. I contacted Loan Marketing (after googling them) and they had no idea why I was receiving the calls and I tried to complain to BT - without success, although I spoke to many, many departments and people within BT. It was a nightmare. My answerphone on my landline gives out my mobile number (it needs to because I use it for business) so I was receiving these calls on my mobile too! Then one caller was more prepared to 'talk' to me and I asked her to confirm the bank had given her my number and told her what it was - but she had dialled an 0844 number which somehow had been routed to my phone! I emailed Ofcom, the CEO of BT and the Communications Ombudsman. Only Ofcom replied. I rang BT again and demanded to be able to make an official complaint (Even that wasn't easy!) I won't go into further detail about their poor complaints system.... it would take to long.... but I believe that between BT and TalkTalk the problem has JUST be resolved - now my challenge is where to go for recompense and how to ensure this doesn't happen to anyone else!
    But - what concerns me more, is that all of these people are having money taken out of their bank accounts and the banks are just telling them to ring Loan Marketing. I don't believe anyone is seeing the overall picture. I did email The One Show, to see if they would investigate but didn't receive a response. I am not a 'victim' of this, thankfully, so perhaps it needs a 'victim' to try to get it investigated? But of course the 'victims' won't know that they are one of many that this is happening to. I thought that by mentioning it on here, people who have had money taken from them, might be able to join forces to stop it happening to anyone else?
  • A website who I have no idea about has taken 36pound out of my bank the website is called wmsf.co.uk and I want it back if anyone could give me advise I would really appreiate it thanks
  • gb12345
    gb12345 Posts: 3,055 Forumite
    A website who I have no idea about has taken 36pound out of my bank the website is called wmsf.co.uk and I want it back if anyone could give me advise I would really appreiate it thanks

If you take the time to read all 3 pages of this thread then you should have an idea of what you need to do to get a refund.

Bit of advice for you - in future don't enter your card details on a website unless you actually want the company to take money from your account.
  • Delree
    Delree Posts: 540 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Everyday there's a new thread on this very subject. It's extremely worrying on two counts:
    The amount of desperate people who are forced to turn to short term, high interest loans.
    As if the payday vultures weren't bad enough these "brokers" have sprung up and use legit but sneaky tactics to fleece these people further. It's a jungle out there these days.
  • gb12345
    gb12345 Posts: 3,055 Forumite
    Delree wrote: »
    Everyday there's a new thread on this very subject. It's extremely worrying on two counts:
    The amount of desperate people who are forced to turn to short term, high interest loans.
    As if the payday vultures weren't bad enough these "brokers" have sprung up and use legit but sneaky tactics to fleece these people further. It's a jungle out there these days.

What I find more worrying is the number of peole who will happily enter their personal detials and card details on random websites with out bothering to think why the site is asking for them or taking the time to read the T&Cs on the site.

Do these same people wander down the street handing out tenners to passers by in the hope that they will use Google to find a crap loan for them, because that is what they are doing in effect.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure