Eon energy reviews: Give your feedback

Options

Comments

• molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,856 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    But what would you do with that information ? As bare data on its own it is of limited use but input into a spreadsheet along with other pertinent data it then becomes useful ................. the same as consulting a comparison site which is far easier ;)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, Eon please make your tariff details more transparent.
    When I go into a cafe or shop I like to see the prices clearly listed. Likewise when I am buying energy I want to see the prices clearly listed.
    I dont want a comparison done by you, thanks.
    Ofgem should make this a compulsory thing. It annoys the heck out of me that suppliers are allowed to get away with this.
    Please make available a clear list of each tariffs unit prices.
    If you hunt around very hard you can find one table of standard prices on the Eon site, but that is not what most people are looking for anyway!

Thanks for listening!

Hi - if you are not happy then complain to consumeraffairs@ofgem.gov.uk about Schedule 1 to standard condition 31A: the “Could you pay less?” label for Bills and statements of account.

All the suppliers are required to comply with this Licence Condition and calculate savings in the way prescribed by Ofgem.

That said, I agree that the actual tariff prices should be transparent to the consumer.
  • Raxiel
    Raxiel Posts: 1,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, Eon please make your tariff details more transparent.
    When I go into a cafe or shop I like to see the prices clearly listed. Likewise when I am buying energy I want to see the prices clearly listed.
    Ofgem should make this a compulsory thing. It annoys the heck out of me that suppliers are allowed to get away with this.
    If you hunt around very hard you can find one table of standard prices on the Eon site, but that is not what most people are looking for anyway!

Thanks for listening!
    The tariff varies by region, so they can't just put unit rates on the front page, and need some details from you.
    I agree it would be better if you could just jump straight to the tariff comparison label after giving your postcode, but E.ON's quote system is pretty quick to skip through at least.

I usually just skip through all the options (except changing from e7 to single rate) and pick 'average' usage, then just expand the TCR bit at the bottom on the last page, and copy the rates there into my spreadsheet.
    3.6 kW PV in the Midlands - 9x Sharp 400W black panels - 6x facing SE and 3x facing SW, Solaredge Optimisers and Inverter. 400W Derril Water (one day). Octopus Flux
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options

Thanks for listening!

The information is there elizabeth2015. If we're your supplier and you've registered with our website, it's just a few clicks away. Please log in and go to 'change your tariff.' From there, choose the tariff 'Review' option and then 'Tariff Information Label' (it's near the bottom of the page). This will show the unit prices per kWh and daily standing charges (including VAT).

There are a few more clicks if you're not a customer or haven't registered with our website. Here, pop the address in the quote tool and go through the next few screens and, again, our prices are in the 'Tariff Information Label' for each product.

Hope this explains elizabeth2015.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hengus wrote: »
    Hi - if you are not happy then complain to [EMAIL="consumeraffairs@ofgem.gov.uk"]consumeraffairs@ofgem.gov.uk[/EMAIL] about Schedule 1 to standard condition 31A: the “Could you pay less?” label for Bills and statements of account.

All the suppliers are required to comply with this Licence Condition and calculate savings in the way prescribed by Ofgem.

That said, I agree that the actual tariff prices should be transparent to the consumer.

As above Hengus (post #955), our individual tariff prices are only a few clicks away when using our website. We're also happy to send personalised quotes in writing to individual customers if they talk to our Sales Centre.

The 'Could You Pay Less' message and a customer's Personal Projection are on our bills and statements. They're also included on the Annual Summaries we send. As you say, these are worked out using industry regulations. They're an estimate of how much energy we think a customer will use over the next 12 months. They're based on what we know at the time. This will be past usage and how long is left on the current tariff with the remainder at our standard variable Energy Plan prices. This is explained within the messages on the bills, statements and summaries.

Standard Energy Plan prices are used as this is what customers automatically go on at the end of fixed tariffs if they do nothing as their deal comes to an end. Totally appreciate, this isn't something a regular MSE user would allow to happen. We need to consider our entire customer base, though, as well as making sure we're following the guidelines.

Hope this explains Hengus.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    Options
    Raxiel wrote: »
    The tariff varies by region, so they can't just put unit rates on the front page, and need some details from you.
    I agree it would be better if you could just jump straight to the tariff comparison label after giving your postcode, but E.ON's quote system is pretty quick to skip through at least.

I usually just skip through all the options (except changing from e7 to single rate) and pick 'average' usage, then just expand the TCR bit at the bottom on the last page, and copy the rates there into my spreadsheet.

I agree Raxiel. For individual unit rates and daily standing charges, it's quicker to go through the quote tool if not a customer or to use the 'change your tariff' route if a customer and registered with our website (post #955 above).

As you say, with energy prices being regional, it's not something we can add to the landing page as there are so many variations. Tariff Information Labels (TIL) with these prices plus other relevant information can be seen for all our products by popping in the post code and property number on the TIL page. This is a bit of a longer route though.

Malc
  • Eggatha
    Eggatha Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    EON's accounting incompetence has made them an absolute nightmare to deal with. They mistakenly set up 2 accounts and failed to merge them correctly,failed to apply our bill payments correctly , sent us a threatening debt recovery letter for a bill which we'd paid in full three years previously, and unilaterally hived off money from our account to pay a disputed bill without permission, instead of offering us payment options. Our complaint has been very poorly dealt with - the account was so messed up that they couldn't figure out what they'd done wrong, and it took hours of me searching through our documentation to figure out what they'd done-and we've had to go to the ombudsman. Desperate to see the back of them, and now on MSE researching alternatives.
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,037 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Eggatha wrote: »
    unilaterally hived off money from our account to pay a disputed bill without permission, instead of offering us payment options.

Welcome to the forum.

Without knowing any details of your case, the above quote needs comment.

The Direct Debit we sign with any utility company gives them authority to vary the sum they take from your account PROVIDED you are informed of any increase in advance. This can be by letter or on a bill, and can be a sum to clear an outstanding debt.

If they had not given you notice of 'hiving off' money from your account, you could have got it repaid from your bank under the Direct Debit Guarantee with your bank. You don't need to justify your case with your bank as you are the bank's customer and they will act on your instructions.
    Options
    Eggatha wrote: »
    EON's accounting incompetence has made them an absolute nightmare to deal with. They mistakenly set up 2 accounts and failed to merge them correctly,failed to apply our bill payments correctly , sent us a threatening debt recovery letter for a bill which we'd paid in full three years previously, and unilaterally hived off money from our account to pay a disputed bill without permission, instead of offering us payment options. Our complaint has been very poorly dealt with - the account was so messed up that they couldn't figure out what they'd done wrong, and it took hours of me searching through our documentation to figure out what they'd done-and we've had to go to the ombudsman. Desperate to see the back of them, and now on MSE researching alternatives.

Hello Eggatha and welcome to the Forums.

I'm sorry you feel your complaint has been poorly handled. As you're not happy with our response/resolution, you've done the right thing in referring this to the Energy Ombudsman. Their decision will be binding on us but not on you.

From what you've said, I'm not sure what happened with the billing. With the payments, as Cardew mentioned, do you mean we changed the Monthly Direct Debit payments? Or did we transfer payments from one account to another?

Where Monthly Direct Debits are altered, we write to customers to let them know. If we made any mistake with the arrangement, as Cardew says, you're entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society. This is through the Direct Debit Guarantee and your bank or building society will arrange this.

You mention merging accounts. If we joined accounts under a One Bill arrangement, any balance is automatically transferred to the live account. This should've been explained at the time.

We've a number of payment arrangements available and I'm sorry you weren't given details of these. They include Monthly and Variable Direct Debits, Regular Cash Payments as well as short term arrangements. If, after the Ombudsman have reported and you've changed supplier, there's still a balance outstanding we'll be happy to look at setting up an arrangement to spread the final amount over a more manageable period.

There's a lot of speculation here on my part Eggatha and sorry if this is off track.

Malc
    Options
    Cardew wrote: »
    Welcome to the forum.

Without knowing any details of your case, the above quote needs comment.

The Direct Debit we sign with any utility company gives them authority to vary the sum they take from your account PROVIDED you are informed of any increase in advance. This can be by letter or on a bill, and can be a sum to clear an outstanding debt.

If they had not given you notice of 'hiving off' money from your account, you could have got it repaid from your bank under the Direct Debit Guarantee with your bank. You don't need to justify your case with your bank as you are the bank's customer and they will act on your instructions.

Spot on Cardew. Whenever we set up or change a Direct Debit, customers are protected by the Direct Debit Guarantee offered by banks and building societies.

We let customers know of any changes to the amount, date or frequency of the arrangement 10 working days before the change happens. We do this by letter or email (where they've consented to contact this way). Where the amount changes, we'll put a message on the front page of the next bill advising the new amount and when this payment starts.

If a mistake is made with the arrangement, customers are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from the bank or building society. The relevant bank or building society will arrange this.

Totally appreciate you probably already know this Cardew but thought it might be of use to others reading this thread.

Malc
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback