Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou.

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,801
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Today I have not been a good money saver.
    My phone keeps turning itself off.
    I got it second hand two years ago.
    I have bitten the bullet & bought a new one on a contract.
    Shout at me if you like.
    I use my phone a lot.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,650
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    If you needed a new phone and got the best value contract you could why would anyone want to shout at you? Enjoy the new phone and I hope the lodger becomes less thoughtless soon. Have a lovely weekend :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,094
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I won't shout at you Beanie, if you use your phone a lot a contract can work out cheaper. I got my last phone on contract 3 years ago, phone paid off now so only £9.50 a month.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £227.29/£600 March NSD:9 March Surveys £
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,504
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Beanie - you phone is your lifeline - enjoy it and don't stress about it. Smile when you use it - in my reckoning a cheap contract phone is better than being out and about and NEEEDING to use you old phone in an emergency or something and old phone letting you down.
    January spends - £587.58
  • Bubblesmum
    Bubblesmum Posts: 1,710
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Everybody else has said it for me, I think a good phone is a necessity for us and not a luxury.....

Hope the lodger is "dripping"less
    As a dear MSE friend says “keep plodding” or
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Or as my Mum would instil, brush yourself down, tomorrow is another day or
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,174
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    My last phone was a contract one as it was the cheapest way of getting the phone and the deal I wanted. As long as you've shopped about for the right deal then I'd say that is pretty :money: even by HIS standards! :D

Lodger needs sorting out by the sounds of it. Perhaps a laminated notice of "reminder" in the bathroom, until she "remembers" - might save you nagging?
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • Bubblesmum
    Bubblesmum Posts: 1,710
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    http://marchhousebookscom.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/please-remember-mabel-lucie-attwell.html

Beanielou catching up now awake, and I remembered the above that I have in my bathroom...as it was on the wall when I was a child!

Please remember... Don't forget - never leave the bathroom wet - Nor leave the soap still in the water that's a thing we never oughter - Nor leave the towels about the floor. Nor keep the bath an hour or more. When other folks are wanting one -Please don't forget - it isn't done.

I need to find you the postcard to stick on the bathroom door;)
    As a dear MSE friend says “keep plodding” or
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Or as my Mum would instil, brush yourself down, tomorrow is another day or
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
  • i have an a4 size version of this on my bathroom wall. it's ignored!
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 9lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 30.15% through my pb challenge.
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    Bubblesmum wrote: »
    http://marchhousebookscom.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/please-remember-mabel-lucie-attwell.html

Beanielou catching up now awake, and I remembered the above that I have in my bathroom...as it was on the wall when I was a child!

Please remember... Don't forget - never leave the bathroom wet - Nor leave the soap still in the water that's a thing we never oughter - Nor leave the towels about the floor. Nor keep the bath an hour or more. When other folks are wanting one -Please don't forget - it isn't done.

I need to find you the postcard to stick on the bathroom door;)

I remember an aunt had one when I was wee:rotfl:

Done 10 mins in garden of doom today.

Fell today.Very stiff.

None of which matters in relation to recent events though.
    I syill cannot get my head round it.:(:(:(
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• beanielou
    Ambassador
    i have an a4 size version of this on my bathroom wall. it's ignored!
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback