NPower Electricity Pre Payment Meter

I’ve had a Pre payment Meter since 2018 and my bills have increasing since then.

I’m currently paying back debt at 6.00 per week my last 6 month statement has my gas useage at 606.00 and payments at 808.00.

My last bill Jan 2019 to July 2019 my useage at 590.00 and payments at 720.00 not sure why I’ve paid another 80 odd pound in payments when the useage is similar and live chat couldn’t help.

My useage was 437.00 jan 2018 to July 2018. I’ve been on maternity leave so maybe this if the increase but I don’t get why I’ve paid more in payments can anyone help
Thanks

Comments

• Benight
    Benight Posts: 418 Forumite
    First Post
    Mamoflads wrote: »
    I’ve had a Pre payment Meter since 2018 and my bills have increasing since then.

I’m currently paying back debt at 6.00 per week my last 6 month statement has my gas useage at 606.00 and payments at 808.00.

My last bill Jan 2019 to July 2019 my useage at 590.00 and payments at 720.00 not sure why I’ve paid another 80 odd pound in payments when the useage is similar and live chat couldn’t help.

My useage was 437.00 jan 2018 to July 2018. I’ve been on maternity leave so maybe this if the increase but I don’t get why I’ve paid more in payments can anyone help
    Thanks

Have you checked that the statements you have received are based on actual meter readings? Are they consistent with what the meter reads today?

Does the meter have any built up credit on it, now?

What did live chat actually say to you about this?
  • nPower
    nPower Posts: 1,319 Organisation Representative
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker

Thanks

Hello Mamoflads,

We will be happy to help with your usage and statements. As when you are prepayment we send you statements showing your usage and top ups rather than it being a bill itself.
    If you can email us to the address on our profile page we will be happy to assist. Thanks :)
    Official Company Representative"
    I am the official company representative of nPower. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
    If we ask you to contact us, please do so using helpandsupport@npower.com - MSE Forum has temporarily allowed the display of our contact details in our signature due to a technical issue with our profile
  • MWT
    MWT Posts: 9,249 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Thanks

When did the £6 debt payments start?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family