TSB Classic Plus for new members + Quidco Cashback = Free £95

Comments

• MDMD
    MDMD Posts: 1,429 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Also this has a condition that you should make “two transactions” a month for three months. I’m hoping that anything will count but they haven’t specified what is excluded!
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,683 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    ceredigion wrote: »
    During the application process it asked you for a user id and password. I just put in my existing details . The system didn't reject it as already in use. Don't know what more to say really.

I tried that - it wouldn't accept it.
  • Ed-1
    Ed-1 Posts: 3,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    MDMD wrote: »
    Also this has a condition that you should make “two transactions” a month for three months. I’m hoping that anything will count but they haven’t specified what is excluded!

£500 in and £500 out.
  • MDMD
    MDMD Posts: 1,429 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Zanderman wrote: »
    I tried that - it wouldn't accept it.
    Mine didn’t either - had to set up a new user name so have to wait for a postal activation code now....their system wasn’t clever enough to link the two profiles.
  • Ed-1
    Ed-1 Posts: 3,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    MDMD wrote: »
    Mine didn’t either - had to set up a new user name so have to wait for a postal activation code now....their system wasn’t clever enough to link the two profiles.

You'll probably get the following email after a few days (regardless of whether you've used your old profile within 90 days - and despite what the email says, they cancel the new one and merge it with the old one):

Email.jpg
  • I opened Classic Account via Quidco 3 weeks ago, didnt track have a claim in, took longer than previously to merge this new account with my existing ID, being as the T+C does not exclude existing customers one way or another I do expect to receive the advertised cashback.

I have had the same issue and put a claim in. Quidco have asked I provide my 'customer number'. I called TSB and they had no idea what that was. Have you any idea how you get your customer number?
  • clivep
    clivep Posts: 577 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 18 November 2019 at 3:21PM
    My wife and I just applied through my Quidco a/c for TSB Classic a/cs as we already had Classic Plus ones.

When putting in our existing usernames these were rejected although the error message said they were in an incorrect format rather than already in use!

I received an email from Quidco to say the cashback had been tracked for my new a/c and sure enough it was showing in my activity.

[STRIKE]I got a second email from Quidco to say the cashback for my wife's a/c had been tracked but this is not showing in my Quidco activity for this. Looks like I'll have to make another Quidco claim which I have to do all too frequently.[/STRIKE]

Both now tracked OK.
  • keiran
    keiran Posts: 739 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I did this one several days ago, having a TSB account already. It is not necessary to use "other" log in details (as I did) as the system recognises you and sorts you out with the old , existing log in details anyway.

A query for others is on the "customer number" which is required when making a manual claim to quidco. I can't find a customer number and believe that TSB doesn't operate one ! Any thoughts?
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,089 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 18 November 2019 at 4:10PM
    I have had the same issue and put a claim in. Quidco have asked I provide my 'customer number'. I called TSB and they had no idea what that was. Have you any idea how you get your customer number?

I put account number on Missing cashback claim form, a few days later Quidco emailed me asking for sortcode and last 4 digits of account number, I hope that this helps. :)
  • dcs34
    dcs34 Posts: 536 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited 19 November 2019 at 12:24AM
    Just to confirm, you can also open a Classic Account (won't earn interest) if you're already the holder of a Classic Plus and don't want to play a game at of TSB Online Account Opening Systems Roulette...

Also it seems TSB have changed their password requirements for new customers in the past few years so seems like it'll be tricky to link both of my accounts, seeing as it won't accept my current password...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback