TSB Classic Plus for new members + Quidco Cashback = Free £95

Options
Hi,

I thought I would post this incase it was of interest, and for anyone who isn't interesting in switching their bank accounts right now via the switch service.

Currently Quidco are offering £50 if you sign up for a TSB Classic Plus account (make sure you read the terms - you need BACS as a registered Quidco payment option). Combined with the £45 interest you get in a year, you effectively get £95 which is a 6% "return on investment".

Obviously if you were to skip quidco and use the Switch service, you would get £120 for free (7% "return on investment") plus you'd give your friend a free £75.

I know using the Switch service is better but right now I'm still getting my 5% interest from my Nationwide switch until April, so I'm combining this in the meantime for some more potential money :)

Hope it helps.

Comments

• soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,975 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You could always open a 2nd NatWide ac & switch that to your new TSB CP with a referral..
    and bag the quidco £50 + £75ref bonus + £45 interest and £75 for the referrer...
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,683 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    As far as I can see from the Quidco offer it is £50 for opening either a Classic Plus or a Classic account.

No mention, on a quick skim, of needing to be a new customer in the T&C so, in theory, open to all - even those of us with Classic Plus account(s) already. But I wouldn't be surprised if they meant to exclude existing account holders.

However the quidco link does land you on a page starting from scratch - no option to log in first - so it needs a full declaration of all details, employment, income etc. So it does need a bit of effort and, having just shed a shed-load of current account in recent months I'm not sure I want another spare one just yet. So I might give this a miss - too busy at the mo - might look again later...
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,975 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    soulsaver wrote: »
    You could always open a 2nd NatWide ac & switch that to your new TSB CP with a referral..
    and bag the quidco £50 + £75ref bonus + £45 interest and £75 for the referrer...
    Oh and get a referral from a friend to switch into the newly opened NW... and get another £100 each...
  • ceredigion
    ceredigion Posts: 3,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    What is the betting this is gone by the morning?
    I cant do Classic Plus or at least don't want to push my luck that much. But the offer is also open to new classic accounts, just made my forth application and all four have been excepted. That said the last time I tried to test TSB's system my endeavours were rejected at second stage , many of you will know why. Can but try again.
  • bristolleedsfan
    Options
    Zanderman wrote: »
    As far as I can see from the Quidco offer it is £50 for opening either a Classic Plus or a Classic account.

No mention, on a quick skim, of needing to be a new customer in the T&C so, in theory, open to all - even those of us with Classic Plus account(s) already. But I wouldn't be surprised if they meant to exclude existing account holders.

I opened Classic Account via Quidco 3 weeks ago, didnt track have a claim in, took longer than previously to merge this new account with my existing ID, being as the T+C does not exclude existing customers one way or another I do expect to receive the advertised cashback.
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,683 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    ceredigion wrote: »
    What is the betting this is gone by the morning?
    I cant do Classic Plus or at least don't want to push my luck that much. But the offer is also open to new classic accounts, just made my forth application and all four have been excepted. That said the last time I tried to test TSB's system my endeavours were rejected at second stage , many of you will know why. Can but try again.

Hmm, just decided to try - TSB site crashing repeatedly.

Tried another browser and succeeded - but TSB insisted I register as a new online user.

Not convinced this will work but worth a try!

And agree, likely to be pulled v soon!
  • Ed-1
    Ed-1 Posts: 3,892 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    For future reference:

Terms.jpg

Rates.jpg
  • ceredigion
    Options
    Zanderman wrote: »
    Hmm, just decided to try - TSB site crashing repeatedly.

Tried another browser and succeeded - but TSB insisted I register as a new online user.

Not convinced this will work but worth a try!

And agree, likely to be pulled v soon!

I inputted my existing user ID and password , all went with out a hitch .
  • Ed-1
    Ed-1 Posts: 3,892 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    ceredigion wrote: »
    I inputted my existing user ID and password , all went with out a hitch .

Inputted it where?
  • ceredigion
    Options
    Ed-1 wrote: »
    Inputted it where?

During the application process it asked you for a user id and password. I just put in my existing details . The system didn't reject it as already in use. Don't know what more to say really.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback