Changing Eon Tariff

Helen28
Helen28 Posts: 119 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
I am currently on Eon's Fix Online V14 until November 2020 with an early exit fee of £60 for dual fuel.

Uswitch has a an Eon tariff Fix Online Exclusive v24 which Uswitch cannot switch me to which is cheaper than my present tariff.

I cannot find this on Eon's page.

Is there anyway I can switch to this tariff without incurring early exit fees?

Comments

• Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 12,091 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Ring Eon and ask.

Probably a tariff not available from Eon but only through U Switch. Do your sums - does it save more than £60?
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • Benight
    Benight Posts: 418 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 28 January 2020 at 2:03PM
    Helen28 wrote: »
    I am currently on Eon's Fix Online V14 until November 2020 with an early exit fee of £60 for dual fuel.

Uswitch has a an Eon tariff Fix Online Exclusive v24 which Uswitch cannot switch me to which is cheaper than my present tariff.

Eon don't charge exit fees when changing from one E.ON tariff to another. :)

If the tariff is 'exclusive', that probably explains why it is not available direct from Eon.
    If uSwitch cannot switch you to it, you'll need to find out who the tariff is exclusive to.
    It may, for example, be a collective tariff that required you to pre-register for it if you now want to apply for it.

Edit: Just looked at uSwitch site, and it says the following about the tariff you are interested in:
    Only available through sites like Uswitch
    and
    This tariff is only available to new E.ON customers that manage their account online and pay by monthly Direct Debit
    Not really sure why you would have even been shown it, if it's not available to you? :huh:
    Just did a test, and when I put Eon down as my current supplier, the tariff is not shown to me.
  • Helen28
    Helen28 Posts: 119 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Not really sure why you would have even been shown it, if it's not available to you?

It is shown when you click show tariffs Uswitch cannot switch you to
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Helen28 wrote: »

Hello Helen28 and many thanks for your interest in our tariffs.

Benight is spot on - thanks Benight - the Fix Online Exclusive v24 tariff is only available to new customers. As you're an existing customer, I'm afraid you won't be able to switch to this new deal. It's also not on our website.

We're always reviewing our offers and if we do come up with something of interest you can, as Benight says, switch to this without having to pay an exit fee. These fees only apply when changing supplier outside of the renewal period and not when going from one of our tariffs to another.

Our website is the best place to see what's available for existing customers. You can also forward switch by up to 52 days in the future. The chosen tariff will be locked in and you'll be able to go on to it even if it's withdrawn from sale before the selected switching date.

Hope this explains Helen28.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure