After the Work Programme

Comments

• donnajunkie
    donnajunkie Posts: 32,412 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    john539 wrote: »
    But it creates junk "activity" these idiots want.
    i was talking to someone who has the same adviser as me today and they only have to do 11 things per week. so why am i saddled with 37. next time i see them i am going to try and persuade them to take off or reduce some of the nonsense. i will tell them the truth. i will say look when i call these people they either say we will contact you if there is something suitable or they say send us your cv.
  • AP007
    AP007 Posts: 7,109 Forumite
    i was talking to someone who has the same adviser as me today and they only have to do 11 things per week. so why am i saddled with 37. next time i see them i am going to try and persuade them to take off or reduce some of the nonsense. i will tell them the truth. i will say look when i call these people they either say we will contact you if there is something suitable or they say send us your cv.
    What are the 37 things in detail?
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • donnajunkie
    AP007 wrote: »
    What are the 37 things in detail?
    see post 61.
  • AP007 wrote: »
    this is related to coming of the WP?

People are being forced to do a similar course from 9-5 monday to friday, for some its 2 weeks whilst the unluckiest get 3 weeks, it's yet more cv non-help, interview non-help and money stuff - my adviser claims the unemployed sometimes forgets how to budget is the reason why
  • AP007
    People are being forced to do a similar course from 9-5 monday to friday, for some its 2 weeks whilst the unluckiest get 3 weeks, it's yet more cv non-help, interview non-help and money stuff - my adviser claims the unemployed sometimes forgets how to budget is the reason why
    Eh? No I am not doing and 'course'. What course is that?

Money stuff? We forget how to budget?? LOL

Yeah cause I have a £1,000,000 to spend each week so I don't have to!

What are you really on about?
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • AP007
    see post 61

i must write to 3 employers per week.
    phone at least 4 employers per week.
    check ujm 7 times per week.
    ask family.
    look in papers.
    visit 3 sites everyday.
    contact 4 agencies per week.

That's nothing at all really.

Just 3 sites a day????

That's all do-able
  • Im a work programme returner as of like 5/6 weeks ago now sorry ap007 i forgot to mention that, hence my enjoyment of this thread.
  • AP007
    Im a work programme returner as of like 5/6 weeks ago now sorry ap007 i forgot to mention that, hence my enjoyment of this thread.
    And what support have you been offered? LOL
  • donnajunkie
    AP007 wrote: »
    That's nothing at all really.

Just 3 sites a day????

That's all do-able
    yes and i do most of that anyway. the issue is wasting time messing about filling in the form and making sure everything is correct. also phoning employers or agencies is a costly waste of time.
    the more that is required the more chance you have of slipping up and getting sanctioned.
    its actually 4 sites if you include ujm. i believe i am going to need 2 of the forms to get everything that is required recorded. in that 2 minutes i sign on are they really going to read through several pages on these forms?
  • They have just thrown UJM down my throat realy, its not been as bad as some are reporting.

I cant wait to waist my time on this course though :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure