After the Work Programme

Options

Comments

• Chester666666
    Options
    Too often jcp is about ticking boxes, it doesn't allow for you having voluntary work already for example
  • donnajunkie
    donnajunkie Posts: 32,412 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    if the idiots think i'm going to run up the phone bill phoning places up just so they can say sorry no vacancies or send us a cv they can think again.
  • AP007
    AP007 Posts: 7,109 Forumite
    Options
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • Jerry_Mander
    Jerry_Mander Posts: 256 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    AP007 wrote: »
    I can not see where my WP provider get off telling me I can not have a copy.

They can't, but through sheer ignorance, or by design, many will try it on. This is why having the actual DWP gospel helps! :D
  • AP007
    Options
    They can't, but through sheer ignorance, or by design, many will try it on. This is why having the actual DWP gospel helps! :D
    oh but they have, 3 times now

'In regards to your request JCP have received the exit report as required by the agreement in place. This report is a summary of your time on the Work Programme and any conversation or queries regarding this should be directed to your JCP office as you have now completed your time with the Work Programme'

& 'As **** advised the report belongs to JCP as the data holder, you need to request this report through them not ******'

&

' all requests for data from your time on the worn programme must be obtained via JCP, either through the medium of the exit report or via a request from JCP'

worn means WORK there but he made a mistake! LOL
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • Jerry_Mander
    Jerry_Mander Posts: 256 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    busy_mom wrote: »
    On the back of a jobseekers agreement there is a box to tick for this, allowing JCP to contact employers for feedback, in my district it is also standard to ask customers to sign an additional consent to share information to support them into work. Limited information is shared ie Mr Small from Smallvill, sent C.V. for said job betwen ...date and ...date.

If vacancies are signed to UJ then this consent is also signed by the employer.

Yes, and you do understand why it is a tick box don't you? If you don't I will tell you, it's because it is not mandatory, it is optional.

And while "in my district it is also standard to ask customers to sign an additional consent to share information" again, it is optional, not mandatory, which is why you have to request it.

Too many advisers knowing too little and demanding too much!
  • john539
    john539 Posts: 16,966 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    cazcl wrote: »
    I finished the two year work programme in June.
    Now I sign on one week and see my advisor the following week.
    I am doing all that is required of me and she seems happy with that.
    It was mentioned at my second meeting with her that I would have to do some form of voluntary work, anythig from 2-8 weeks - OK for me. She said that I could find my own - even better.
    A local charity shop offered me (ongoing) two days per week but to check with JC first.
    Today I mentioned this and was told that that would be OK but when they decide to send me to one of their "listed" shops I would have to do that for 2-8 weeks! I've found 2 days a week all year round but that's not good enough, can anyone fathom this out because I can't. Rules is rules!!
    Not much chance of me finding a job - I am 60.
    If you find your own voluntary work, they can't mandate you to their MWA (Mandatory Work Activity) version of "voluntary work" at these JC listed shops.
  • john539
    john539 Posts: 16,966 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    if the idiots think i'm going to run up the phone bill phoning places up just so they can say sorry no vacancies or send us a cv they can think again.
    But it creates junk "activity" these idiots want.
  • Adamthegreat984
    Options
    I currently do 2 days voluntry a week in an office and have been doing so for 12 months.

Have to do a 5 day course soon, cant wait !
  • AP007
    Options
    I currently do 2 days voluntry a week in an office and have been doing so for 12 months.

Have to do a 5 day course soon, cant wait !
    this is related to coming of the WP?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure