Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• Picasso7
    Picasso7 Posts: 4,038 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Did we all know that rewards (free cake) are now on the John Lewis app so you don't have to faff with paper vouchers?
  • dollywops
    dollywops Posts: 1,736 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    gocat wrote: »
    Does anyone remember the nivea lip things we got for free or very cheap. Been using one for the past few days as my lips are cracked and sore and it doesnt seem to be helping. Infact they seem worse :eek:
    Wondering if anyone else had, had this problem with them.

Haven't been using Nivea, but have had this problem over the last few months. Carmex worked for me.
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,960 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Picasso7 wrote: »
    I've just realised that as well as the West Coast Virgin offer on Nectar, I have an East Coast one for 1000 points too. Would someone kindly remind me where my child needs to go for that one please?

Edinburgh to Haymarket rings a bell.

Though not sure on the Scottish restrictions on unaccompanied children;)
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • diluvsdiscounts
    diluvsdiscounts Posts: 4,395 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    It was so lovely to sleep in my own bed nest to dh I didn't think that would ever happen again.
    Lots of visitors today including my favourite two girls dd and dgd. Dd has washed and dried my hair and I'm just about to have my nails done.
    Today is a good day.
    Got a hospital appointment next tuesday so hoping the wine is still working whilst I'll have a lift.
  • mrsmac10
    mrsmac10 Posts: 4,676 Forumite
    Options
    Bless you mrsmac :A

When my cancer spread to my spine last year, I received a Blue Badge. But the looks I got from some people when parking in disabled bays at supermarkets
    :(
    The last time I used it was months ago when I was with my wife and daughter - and a man walking behind us shouted to me “it must really hurt” :(:o

I’m a proud person, and I will do my utmost to hide my pain - especially in front of my teenage DD, she silently worries enough about me.

Perhaps an opportune time to kindly ask/remind people not to be so judgemental on appearances/hidden disabilities.

Totally agree. Mine is for mobility impairment, sore but not life threatening like you.

It is difficult not to judge when a youngster jumps out of a car, races to the trollies or cash point. It makes me annoyed that they have so little respect for other people

Take care on your journey and it must be difficult with youngsters to consider

TBH I have learned a lot from being a member of the Elite. Yes saving money, getting better deals on services, holidays etc but also about life that does not directly me. It often makes me humble. Will leave it at that before I upset myself with others positivity .
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    It was so lovely to sleep in my own bed nest to dh I didn't think that would ever happen again.
    Lots of visitors today including my favourite two girls dd and dgd. Dd has washed and dried my hair and I'm just about to have my nails done.
    Today is a good day.
    Got a hospital appointment next tuesday so hoping the wine is still working whilst I'll have a lift.

Very glad that you are back home :)
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • mhoc
    Options
    Did we all know that rewards (free cake) are now on the John Lewis app so you don't have to faff with paper vouchers?

Well I've downloaded the app and there is no sign of any cake - deep sobbing.
    Am I looking in the wrong place ...
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • Wheres_My_Cashback
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    Am I looking in the wrong place ...

Yea, I think possibly on another planet :D
  • mhoc
    Options
    I've just realised that as well as the West Coast Virgin offer on Nectar, I have an East Coast one for 1000 points too. Would someone kindly remind me where my child needs to go for that one please?

Its the 10.28 Edinburgh Waverley to Haymarket your virtual child needs £1.20.

And don't forget to mark it on the calendar for the week you need to take to nectar on FB to chase your points up :)

I only had a 500 points offer on my card, not on OHs account but I thought that 500 points for a £1.20 spend is still good enough.

On our accounts there are a lot of offers expiring or expired yesterday so I will have another look to see if anything new has popped up
  • mhoc
    Options
    Yea, I think possibly on another planet :D

Yes I am possibly hoping for too much to get free coffee and cake from John Lewis but my mother always did say I lived in a fantasy world :D

A couple of times on OOO2 app the Neros offer has popped up - buy a cake or slice and get a free hot drink (often in conjunction with the app or Amex discount offers) so we have had very nice cake and hot chocolate with cream for £2 or £1.80 - a very good alternative to the vanishing JL cake offer ...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure