PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Comments

• monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    I am in awe of all your techie know-how. I can do lots of things once I've learned how and as long as the machine responds as expected. If anything happens that I don't expect, then it's panic stations.
    I also loved my desktop. I seemed to be able to do anything on it. Goodness, I even produced a magazine for 2 churches on it, with cartoons, photographs, adverts for events, in boxes and in colour, the whole caboodle.

I had to leave it behind because I didn't have room for it when I was living with my family.

Now it's the famous, tablet with a mind of its own. I do have a second hand laptop but it has windows10 which I don't understand at all.

The viewing went well yesterday, a nice couple who were very enthusiastic about the house, but that doesn't always mean what you hope it does.

I'm thinking of VJsmum jetting off to sunshine and warmth. I'm not a jealous person but.................

Thinking of having a lazy day today. The house still looks clean and tidy and only I know the complete chaos that lurks under the surface. I really fancy a day curled up in my rocking chair with the TV, my book and a bit of knitting for company.

Stay warm everybody. I'm looking at the news reports of the weather across the Atlantic and wonder how long it will take to get here.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

"No," is a complete sentence. It does not require justification or explanation.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • spirit
    spirit Posts: 2,886 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Sending good vibes Monna that your viewer puts in an acceptable offer in the next couple of days.
    Mortgage free as of 10/02/2015. Every brick and blade of grass belongs to meeeee. :j
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Morning everyone.

Some techie guys where I work are putting off buying any new computers until the fix is done on the viruses currently being highlighted on the news. Just something to bear in mind as they must know something about it.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • I have a kindle fire and a laptop, the kindle is ok for reading and sending short messages but I use my laptop for preference. My kindle, like Monna's tablet has some very strange predictive text opinions.

It's ffffreezing here this morning, the stove went out over night still I relit it and I've had a bowl of porridge so I'm warm now.

Fingers crossed that the viewing has a good outcome Monna.
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Monna it's worth persevering with windows 10, I find it much better.
    We've got snow on and off here and the birds are massing on the shed roof waiting for their digestive biscuits :)
    To be minus 6 tonight.
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Jazee wrote: »
    Morning everyone.

Some techie guys where I work are putting off buying any new computers until the fix is done on the viruses currently being highlighted on the news. Just something to bear in mind as they must know something about it.

Thanks for that Jazee.

I knew nothing about any viruses etc as I am a complete technophobe and utterly useless with them.

Monna I am in awe of your techie knowledge there is no way I could produce a magazine on a computer!! I hope you hear back from the viewers with good news.

I love your thought for the day..I always feel like I have to justify myself.

ETA I really like Windows 10 now I have got used to it.
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    I volunteer at my local age concern showing people how to use their phones, tablets, iPads, laptops etc. One of the things I always say to people is a) nowadays you cannot do anything drastic to your appliance - it will always ask you if you really want to do a particular action if it will affect anything else (not like years ago!!) b) phones, tablets, laptops etc are like different supermarkets - they all do very similar or the same things they just put them in different places so sometimes you have to hunt!!
    Fingers crossed on the viewing Monna
    Busy day today - DS1 has his 50th birthday party at the club tonight and I still havn't printed off embarrassing photos! All the decorations need to come down, better get my arris in gear
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • monnagran wrote: »
    THOUGHT FOR TODAY

"No," is a complete sentence. It does not require justification or explanation.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Thank you for this monnagran, was much needed and shall be used often from now on!
    "There's a little witch in all of us"🥰
    DEBT FREE 06/2018
    MrsSD 2023 Decluttering Campaign:
    🏅⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,953 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    monnagran wrote: »

I'm thinking of VJsmum jetting off to sunshine and warmth. I'm not a jealous person but...............

Don't be - it's raining :rotfl: And its epiphany and all the supermarkets are shut. :eek:

We arrived just after lunch and it was warm and sunny then. Luckily we ate out and kept half a pizza each just in case. We've managed to get some snacks, milk etc... And beer..

It is beautiful though and I am hoping the rain is temporary and we'll not starve.
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • MMF007
    MMF007 Posts: 1,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 7 January 2018 at 12:23AM
    Ah well, it's been raining here in the caribbean almost all day!
    We went to the matinee showing of the Star War film but it was cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances - a leaky roof!
    When we got back to our accommodation we saw part of a roof tile on the patio and there was a patch of sky where roof should be. It seems we narrowly avoided being hit by a falling coconut and that's not something you can say very often!

I skyped mum on her ipad while she was visiting dad this afto. It was nice to see him but he still looks very poorly and he had not been up to sitting in the chair today. Mum says the village is coming down with the 'flu so she has asked everyone to keep away from her, for her self-preservation and to protect dad from it.

Hope you find food and sunshine, VJsMum!
    I have changed my work-life balance to a life-work balance. :grin:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure