Onwards and downwards...

Comments

• jwil
    jwil Posts: 18,828
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Hi Jwil :). It's disappointing about the f&f refusal :mad: but they'll crack eventually. Are you doing token payments?

Hope your bruise gets better, it's horrible falling over :(. I've got a bruise on my forehead atm where I walked into a wall at my dad's house (half asleep and strange layout in the dark :rotfl:).

Yes, they've been getting token payments for almost 2 years, and erratic payments for a while before that!

Hope your bruise is healing. Mine's going down now thankfully.
    Don't forget you can getcashback on groupon.

Thank you, I've never used Groupon before so wouldn't even think about looking for cashback!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • jwil
    Forumite
    Hope you're having a good week Jwil :).

Thank you. It was crazy busy at work, nothing exciting :)
  • jwil
    Forumite
    I'm back :)

Crazy week over, a bit more to come then that's it until after the summer. I've got some time off coming up so looking forward to that.

I've sent off the dates I want little jwil to be in Holiday Club for, so that's going to be around £200 next month :eek:

I've done lots of listing, but not much is shifting for me annoyingly :( I need some cash! I don't know whether to reduce prices and shift now, or suck it up until the autumn when the demand is likely to increase due to Xmas. I might have a think about what may be suitable for Xmas pressies and what won't be.

I've been keeping up with couch to 5k and am on week 8 now. One more week to go and then I will restart it. I've been running some of it to see if my knee gets used to it, and it seems to be holding up ok.

I'm getting a bit stressed about cash as there seems to be so much expense at the moment. The selling isn't covering it at the moment. I'm just counting down until little miss gets her free hours and hopefully things will be a bit easier.

Hope everyone is well :) I like the sun, but it's WAY too hot for me, so I'm not enjoying this heat. I like a nice 20 degrees. :)
  • I don't like this heat either because it's very draining. I hope some things start to sell for you soon.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • jwil
    Forumite
    I don't like this heat either because it's very draining. I hope some things start to sell for you soon.

Thank you, I hope so too! It's been so muggy the last couple of nights, I have hardly slept. It's supposed to be a bit fresher tonight thankfully!
  • jwil
    Forumite
    I've been trying to catch up on some admin this week.

I've registered mine and DH's details with my lost account to see what they come up with. I know I've got an old building society account which probably had about £1 in it, and DH recently found an old passbook from the early 1990s which had about £400 in it! :eek: Hopefully they will come back with something!

I've received a £5 love to shop voucher from RM surveys, and have cashed out a couple of £2 amazon vouchers from Ipsos. I've also cashed out on PA so waiting for that to arrive.

I've got a load of stuff prepped for listing so need to try and get that on, and DH has a load prepped too so will try and have a listing marathon.

I miss not doing PADs but I just have no spare cash at the moment. I think I need to revisit my SOA and maybe start a spending diary. I have been a bit spendy recently and all those 'little' spends are probably adding up to big spends.
  • jwil
    Forumite
    Oh, DH got a charge for a parcel he sent using Hermes through eBay shutl. Managed to appeal it and get the charge removed :T The parcel was most definitely not oversized or overweight as I check the weight and size on the website before posting! :mad:

I booked little jwil onto holiday club. They've sent the invoices out already :eek: I'll pay the one for July straight away, but they can wait until payday for the August one. One of the days there is a trip which little jwil wants to go on so that will be an additional £16 _pale_
  • jwil
    Forumite
    Finally got round to checking my freezer for the recalled vegetables. Although I normally buy the ones on the list, it happens that my frozen veg is currently from Asda and Iceland. Asda isn't on the list, and I have taken the executive decision to bin the Iceland one that is on the list rather than return it. I'd have to pay to park and it's not worth my while.
  • I ought to check my freezer although I don't think I've bought any of the ones on the list. Those extra spends can easily creep in :(.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • jwil
    Forumite
    I ought to check my freezer although I don't think I've bought any of the ones on the list. Those extra spends can easily creep in :(.

There's so much needed for school at the moment, and the kids seem to be outgrowing everything all at once!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport