Virgin contract

I'm with virgin and have been for many years, but the issue I have at the moment is that I am on a full house package and my initial contract was due to terminate on April 2020 which is when all my discounts end. However my wifi was poor and so I took advantage of their free booster offer for all full house packages and above. There was no charge for this but it seems a new contract date was put in place on the day they added this to my package as it refers to it as a change of package. Now it appears that when all my discounts end in April I will have to pay a lot more until my NEW contract ends in November 2020. Is this legal to change contract mid term for one small change of package with no additional cost?

Comments

• onejontwo wrote: »
    I'm with virgin and have been for many years, but the issue I have at the moment is that I am on a full house package and my initial contract was due to terminate on April 2020 which is when all my discounts end. However my wifi was poor and so I took advantage of their free booster offer for all full house packages and above. There was no charge for this but it seems a new contract date was put in place on the day they added this to my package as it refers to it as a change of package. Now it appears that when all my discounts end in April I will have to pay a lot more until my NEW contract ends in November 2020. Is this legal to change contract mid term for one small change of package with no additional cost?

What did Virgin Media say when you called and asked?
  • onejontwo
    onejontwo Posts: 1,089 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    In the past when it's my time to re-negotiate my package, it's either too soon and they can't do anything worthwhile yet, or too late and they have to bill me for a further month. So the way they turn everything to their advantage I would think that they would use this as an excuse to prolong my contract. In answer to your question, no I haven't contacted them yet as I like to be well informed of my rights.
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Legal depends upon the package and Ofcom rules .
    See Ofcom price increase rules .
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    its not nice is it.

just be on to look out for any price increase emails/letters. You can leave within 30 days of receiving one of these

September is normally the time, but someones they do 2 per year
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport