Kaupthing Edge CHAPS Transfer

Comments

• I am a bit confused over this. Do I need to move my money which was in KE, now ING out to be safe?

Will I be receiving interest on this money.

ING are still a top paying interest account but do I need to apply to open another ING account or will it be done automatically?

Thanks to all,

Good Luck!

p.s I have posted this topic on another thread but just in case I can get an answer on here. As you know time is running out and I am desperate
  • Just checked with HSBC - They can see nothing due to come into my account for tomorrow :-(

My transaction was ~ 50k via CHAPS on the 8th(am)
  • I've just spoken to Kaupthing after getting through to them almost immediately on 0115-9836331.

Apparently they are using BACS & CHAPS to make payments to the linked accounts. Like other people, I was assured that it would arrive by close of business (6 pm) tomorrow (Friday) & that no interest would be lost (up until the moment it is sent by Kaupthing/ING).

Hopefully this is why my bank (smile) couldn't see any BACS payment lined up for tomorrow.

I live in hope anyway!

For what it's worth, I also told him that the dissemination of information had been poor & often contradictory during this whole sorry episode.
  • Celt08
    Celt08 Posts: 101 Forumite
    227_BHA wrote: »
    Good news :beer:

What day and time was your transfer initiated? Presumably you asked for a BACS?

I initiated the transfer Tuesday 11am on 7.10. by BACS.:rolleyes:
  • 227_BHA
    227_BHA Posts: 170 Forumite
    Celt08 wrote: »
    I initiated the transfer Tuesday 11am on 7.10. by BACS.:rolleyes:

Thanks. Mine was 10am on 7.10 so hopefully should be the same:T
  • whu
    whu Posts: 23,461 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Hi All - just spoken to LLoyds and they said that a BACS transfer from KE is showing up on their system and should be credited to my account by midnight tonight!!
    Lets hope that is a good sign for all of us.
    PS I initiated my payment before 2pm on 7 October by BACS
    Keep the Faith:cool:
  • Squibbler wrote: »
    Not worth me calling Nationwide - they always tell me they cannot see things coming in before they arrive. I asked again the other day :(.

Why is that?

Maybe only banks that also act as clearing banks can get this advance info?

My husband and I have both found that Nationwide is absolutely hopeless in terms of its customer service. They can never answer questions, give inaccurate advice and have regularly lost cheques, not set up standing orders etc. We closed all our accounts with them because we felt that if they ever got into trouble, nobody there would be willing to help, let alone be able to.
  • Rhino666
    Rhino666 Posts: 559 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I initiated a CHAPS payment on the 7th to Cahoot.

Haven't got a clue what is happening as Cahoot's online system is down for the second day and no backups/disaster recovery to work from.

Does anyone get the impression that the whole banking system needs a serious rethink ?
    PLEASE DO NOT STEAL
    The Government will not tolerate competition

Always judge a man by the way he treats someone who is of no use to him
  • philiprn wrote: »
    Just checked with HSBC - They can see nothing due to come into my account for tomorrow :-(

My transaction was ~ 50k via CHAPS on the 8th(am)

HSBC can't see mine either. While I did the CHAPS on the 7th, it didn't actually get taken out of my account until the 8th.
  • I made a BACS transfer from KE to HSBC on Tuesday 7th.

HSBC informed me today that they have received notification that the funds will be credited to my account tomorrow.

Fingers (still) crossed.

Munny Hexbert
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family