£1.39 to mortgage
    £3.00 to savings
    £0.85 to joint od.

5 parcels today
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • jwil wrote: »
    Thank you retired :) It's a nice feeling, I must say :D

How are you all doing? xx

It's more of a struggle some days than others. While I'm able I'm in the process of dismantling my veg garden. With everything else I'm struggling to keep on top of it but something has to give. We get no help so it's all down to me.

Your figures are looking good. Don't focus too much on your DFD. If you can get to the end of the month without increasing the debt and add to savings then you're winning.

Have a good weekend and I hope those £££££s roll in and the clutter rolls out :rotfl:
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Have a lovely weekend x
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 18,825
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    It's more of a struggle some days than others. While I'm able I'm in the process of dismantling my veg garden. With everything else I'm struggling to keep on top of it but something has to give. We get no help so it's all down to me.

Your figures are looking good. Don't focus too much on your DFD. If you can get to the end of the month without increasing the debt and add to savings then you're winning.

Have a good weekend and I hope those £££££s roll in and the clutter rolls out :rotfl:

Thank you retired, it must be very hard for you so make sure you look after yourself xx

You are right of course, and that is the big aim, but I would also like to see the debt going down, so I will keep an eye on it!

I am doing my best to become a saver though :A :cool:
    Have a lovely weekend x

And you too Hidden :)
  • jwil
    Forumite
    I've got several items of one thing that I've been slowly selling off over the last few months, it was my collection and I had a load of duplicates. One sold yesterday, and has gone for almost 3 times more than the others :T :T Very pleased about that.

Todays pads:

£1.38 to Mortgage
    £10 to savings
    £11.35 to joint od.

Off to see a friend this morning (on my own :j ) and then we will probably take the kids out this afternoon. The weather's looking a bit iffy for car booting so we shall try and tick off some more on the otter trail around Dartmoor.

Hope everyone has a good weekend :)
  • Can I pick your brains please? Do you think there's a good time for items to close on the bay?
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 9lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 30.15% through my pb challenge.
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Jwil is absolutely the best person to answer that INOD but I have heard a lot of people close on Sunday evenings which means there is competition but people are also often cruising the site and generally scouting at the weekend. May depend on what items you are selling and if there are lots of them about.

Haven't been on the Tarka Trail for yonks...happy memories though. Have fun :)
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • jwil
    Forumite
    Can I pick your brains please? Do you think there's a good time for items to close on the bay?

Most people swear by Sunday evening around 8pm which does work, but I think it also means there's loads ending at that time. I also find Monday evening a good time as people have a chance to see it over the weekend. I least like Friday and Saturday evenings, but often relist ending these times and still sell. I don't think it matters too much really as people will often snipe.

I often list Thursday or Friday for 10 days then you get two weekends of exposure and it ends on Sunday/Monday evening.
    brizzledfw wrote: »
    Jwil is absolutely the best person to answer that INOD but I have heard a lot of people close on Sunday evenings which means there is competition but people are also often cruising the site and generally scouting at the weekend. May depend on what items you are selling and if there are lots of them about.

Haven't been on the Tarka Trail for yonks...happy memories though. Have fun :)

Thank Brizzle I agree.

It wasn't the Tarka trail, there's an Otter trail around Dartmoor like the Gromit trail they had in Brizzle a couple of years ago :)

http://www.moorotters.co.uk/
  • jwil
    Forumite
    Todays pads:

£2.77 to Mortgage
    £2 to savings
    £1.96 to joint od.

9 parcels.

We managed to tick a few more Otters off the list this weekend, including the two we most wanted to see - Batman and Harry Potter!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport