* I wish it could be Christmas every day * - It's the 2017 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• princesskitty29
    princesskitty29 Posts: 1,273 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    I was just looking at nightwear on the Peacocks website and came across these Christmas bits in the sale, there are limited sizes but might be useful to someone:

http://www.peacocks.co.uk/lds-hanging-pj-slogan-5c75a9.html

http://www.peacocks.co.uk/lds-fleece-nightdress-26d20f.html

http://www.peacocks.co.uk/lds-fleece-nightdress-95838d.html

xx
  • freespirit66
    freespirit66 Posts: 3,226 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    :bdaycake: HAPPY BIRTHDAY 04624181 :bdaycake:

Afternoon everyone, thankyou Vulpix, Peppapig, and Murie for thinking of me I am sorry but still struggling with this BD. Everything seems to be very overwhelming at the moment and I am stressing out over a hospital apt on Friday for a check up on my Colitis. Also still having trouble with the visitors :mad::mad: But on the good news DD2 is thinking good Friday 2019 for a wedding date so I have started back on SW to slim for it :) DD1 is doing it with me plus DS and DD2 so we should be able to support each other through the hard times its two weeks now and I am doing well. I am hoping being in control of my eating will help with the BD and I am not going near the scales so I don't get so het up over the needle not moving.

VULPIX I am so sorry you had a scare but so glad it turned out to be nothing, I hope you are feeling better after your fall as well my lovely.

MURIE I am so sorry I have just seen my IG has a message honestly I just don't see what is right in front of me I will read and reply. Ooh where are you going on hols?

PEPPAPIG our gardening has gone to pot honestly and some kind of weed has just covered the garden and anything that is stood still is covered in it as well, we are the most hopeless gardeners ever, this weather rainy and warm just feeds everything. We have also thought about artificial grass but if it gets hot it wont be good for our dog either.

PRINCESSKITTY glad the hospital has calmed your fears of the baby not growing and he/she is healthy, not long now. Also I was so sorry to hear about your grandma, sending my condolences.

I hope everyone is well, sorry if I have missed anything x
    #103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • 3forholidays
    3forholidays Posts: 1,392 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    :bdaycake: Happy Birthday 04624181 :bdaycake: Hope you have a lovely day.
    A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realise how blessed you are.

SPC No 043
    SPC 10 - £520 : SPC 11 - £975 : SPC 12 - £845 : SPC 13 - £700
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Happy Birthday 0462, hope you've had a fabulous day 🍰💐🥂
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • Peppapig
    Options
    Oops, pressed 'submit reply' before I meant to.

FREE I think you're coping amazingly with those damned visitors, I don't think I'd have been able to do as well as you. That bloody BD is a pain in the bottom but it will pass, it's just so horrible while it's here. Good idea ignoring the scales, how you feel and how your clothes fit is what counts. Lovely that you've all got something special to look forward to now. I hate weeds and very fast growing plants, I find them very threatening and spooky - I've never seen Day of the Triffids but it must have found its way into my psyche.

MURIE, I know people do manage perfectly well with animals and artificial grass but I do remember thinking it was quite hot when the full sun was on it last year. I'll make a point of noticing it this year and report back - i'll try the 'keep your hand on it for four seconds' test. Mind you in really hot full sun the dogs would probably be in shade or indoors anyway.

PRINCESSKITTY I've actually thought about getting some of the Ikea Kallax storage units and boxes just to keep the Christmas pressies in as I've got less cupboard space this year. Not that I've bought any pressies yet but I'll hopefully be starting in the next month or so. Glad bubs is doing well even if you did have a bit of a scare.

Been shopping with my sis today and treated myself to a red bag and a pair of red shoes - ones that don't look like they're for someone's granny lol.
  • murie
    murie Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    046-- Happy Birthday!! Hope you've had/ are having a fantastic day.
    PK- glad all is well with the bump. get the fan out as the forecast is for more hot weather x.
    Peppa- thank you for volunteering to do the test, I look forward to your findings x (Still not convinced that artificial turf is what I want though but am trying to keep an open mind ).
    Free- good to see that you are feeling well enough to post today- baby steps are the way to go. Im glad SW is going well for you and that you are able to form your own little SW support group.
    lovin' this site!
    :j
  • vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,310 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Happy Birthday 0462...Many happy returns.xxx

Nice to see you Free,the whole family will be svelt by the wedding.It must be so nice to be able to try clothes on and they look nice!!!!!!!! Out of my experience there.I have been on a very strict diet for the past 2 weeks,with the exception of last Saturday when I went to babysit the Polish children.They had made me a cake bless them so i had to have a massive piece.:oI hope you are feeling more like your old self a little every day.Good luck for Friday at the hospital.I had forgotten about the lump already.It is still there but not sore,must as the doc said just part of me.I would do some gardening for you if I was closer.

Will you waft some of your southern heatwave up here please? It's grim up north as they say.

I like the sound of red bag and shoes Peppa.I think I will have to get rid of most of my shoes:( I have arthritis in my feet and mostly wear walking type shoes now a days.The Podiatrist wanted me to have orthopaedic shoes.He showed me a brochure and even my 83 year old Mother would have thought they were old fashioned.

Have ordered some 99p Christmas bubble bath in the Avon sale for stocking fillers.

Today I have spent 5 hours chipping old paint off a metal gate.I know,I know all the passers by were asking what I was doing now.
    I will paint it,attach it to the wall for a plant to climb to hide my bins.

Enjoy the heat wave Vx
     :
  • murie
    murie Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Vulpix- it would have been rude not to have a large slice of cake after they had gone to the effort of making it for you x.
    I know what you mean about the podiatrist recommendations- mine showed me some that would not have looked out of place in the 40's- theres no way I wuld be seen dead in them- I would rather hobble! (I have planatar fasciitis but it is not so bad at the moment).

Good on you for repurposing the old gate- Im not sure I would have had the patience to spend that amount of time on it-you deserve a medal for it!
    We are off to the Good Food/BBC Gardeners World show on Sunday which I am looking forward to immensely! I hope the weather stays nice so that we can eat our picnic lunch outside- and maybe enjoy a nice long cool Pimms whilst we are at it!
    lovin' this site!
    :j
  • Treasurequeen
    Options
    Happy belated birthday 04624181, I hope you had a lovely day. I am sorry to hear about your grandma princess kitty, sending my condolences. virtual hugs to anyone that needs them.

My bullying situation has intensified but my SW has now got involved and he thinks I am not being protected. I have just been hiding in my flat which isn't helping my mental health but is the only way I can protect myself a bit.

On the Christmas front I managed to get some men's natural skincare items reduced in TKmaxx which will go in my dads stocking. I also did a order for pet supplies and got a free gift with my order ( a UFO ball) which will go towards my dogs present.

On a good note I booked a family holiday (mum, dad, myself and brother) its like a tradition we all go together to Cornwall and stay in a lodge. We couldn't go this year but have booked it for may next year. I cant believe the prices for booking in holiday time, my brother works in a school and cant book time off as he hasn't got cover. £845 for the 4 days holiday but the week before its £415. its quite a jump. So I am currently saving for the holiday, I've paid a deposit and as im disabled have been catered for regarding allocations.
  • Peppapig
    Options
    You're very patient VULPIX, I think I would have painted over the old stuff - preparation has never really been my strong point. It's a great idea to make use of it though and hide the things you don't want to see.

TREASUREQUEEN glad your social worker is on your side but disgusted with your neighbours for making it necessary. Well done on getting the holiday booked, lots of time to look forward to it now.

Gorgeous weather here today so had a lazy day. The decorator has almost finished the bedroom and I love it. Room gets finished tomorrow and the living room gets started so I'm very excited!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport