Laser Eye Surgery Cost Cutting Tips

Comments

• Ivrytwr3
    Ivrytwr3 Posts: 6,278
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    OMG!! I am booked in for tomorrow; a consultation and if all goes well, the surgery too!!!

Looking to use the offer for Intralase LASIK with wavefront.
  • Ivrytwr3
    Forumite
    Going today; wish me luck!!!!
  • Ivrytwr3
    Forumite
    and now back home!!
  • How did it go?!
  • Ivrytwr3
    Forumite
    Consultation at 9:25am, finished at 11.30am (tests, counselling etc). Discussed with OH over lunch and decided to go for it.

2:30pm procedure started, 2:40pm procedure done, left Optimax at 3pm able to see without glasses!!!

Late afternoon, back at the hotel, very uncomfortable, no pain, but eyes very watery and irritating and obviously unable to rub them. I sat in a darkened room for a couple of hours.

The following day i was seen again and told i am at driving standard without glasses, which is very good as over the next few days my vision will get better!!!

I'm now looking forward to my eye test to see exactly how my vision has improved.

(if anybody wants any referral cards, let me know. I think it's a hundred pound off your treatment and £50 for me).
  • RP2X
    RP2X Posts: 119 Forumite
    thx for the link can i ask how was the experience and how are you finding your eyes now ?

im just a tad worried ill be one of those people that gotta apply eye drops every day, mind u thats far better then wearng specs !
  • seraphin_2
    seraphin_2 Posts: 245 Forumite
    I had intralase lasik with wavefront,just over a month ago. The first few hours are not great,not painful just very light sensitive and streaming eyes !!

With regards to drops, you have to use two sorts 4 and 6 times a day, and artificial tears a min of 4 times, but can be used more if needed. It sounds alot but you get into a routine with bfast,lunch etc, and there only for a week.

Im still using the art tears sometimes now but not alot really maybe once every few days.

Im due my 4 week checkup on friday so will see how my presc is then. I was -2.75 and -3.00 with astigmatism in both eyes prior to surgery, a week later i was 0.00 and -0.5 in the other, so preety good result, eyes still need to settle as my night vision is not brilliant, mainly i think to my astigmatism and eyes being tired.

If you want any more info pls feel free to pm me im happy to help.

reagrds

sarah:T
    :j mseswgwa:j
  • Hello all, I've got my appointment at Optimax Manchester a week today, soooo excited and not even a little bit nervous, just want it over and done with now!

Ivrytwr3, you are very brave to have the consultation and surgery done on the same day, I needed a bit of time to mull it over after my first consultation! Of course, that might be because I had that done at Optical Express and wasn't all that confident in them! How does it feel to be able to see without specs/contacts??

Ste_coxy, wasn't your treatment yesterday? How did it go? What was your surgeon's name? Wonder if we're having the same one!
  • vickyholmstock
    vickyholmstock Posts: 7 Forumite
    edited 23 August 2009 at 1:20PM
    Hi guys

I WANT TO SHARE MY COST CUTTING TIP

I had my eyes treated in Jan 09 and saved 50% on what I was quoted at Optimax and Ultralase.

I went to Focus Laser Vision in London and can highly recommend them. My mum had her eyes treated there after me so can't give a better recommedation than that.

I paid £1700 for both eyes to have blade free Lasik with Wavefront. I was quoted £3800 and £3600 at optimax and ultralase for the same procedure.

The reason they can offer the treatment so much cheaper is because they do not advertise, they rely on word of mouth. They have the latest lasers and highly experienced surgeons.

Google Focus Laser Vision to find there website. If you call them they are very helpful and will give you a fairly accurate idea of what the cost would be for your prescription. They do not add on loads of extras.

Im happy to answer any questions or share my experience if anybody wants to contact me.

Good luck with booking your surgery.
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,288
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    you've got it half right

afraid you are not meant to promote any referrals on the main part of the forum

it's no problem :) lots of forum rules to get your head round
    I'm a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Shopping and Freebies, Phones and TV and Over 50s boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing . All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure