Swagbucking into 2017

Comments

• JadieH
    JadieH Posts: 116
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    MissPop wrote: »

It's worth considering though, that some retailers may only let you use so many voucher codes in one transaction - PC World, for example, only accepts up to 5 vouchers per transaction, apparently, so I'm cashing out at £50 rather than my usual £25.

This is true of Debenhams also, they only accept a maximum of three payments per order, which means if you don't have enough in gift cards to cover the cost of your purchase then your debit card is one payment type, and you could only use a maximum of two gift cards.
  • vampire-girl
    vampire-girl Posts: 4,675
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Parksandrec,
    The £5 paypal is 800SB and the Mastercard is 700SB
    Someone else wrote about it before but I can't remember who to thank.

When you use the mastercard it deducts so it's roughly £4.63 you get.

In paypal you go to 'send & request', then 'create invoice', send it to an email address you have that isn't associated to your paypal account.

When the email arrives at the email address requesting payment follow the link, go for the non paypal payment option, input the online mastercard details that you get from swagbucks as the payment method, your contact details with the email address you sent the request to, & pay it. & say 'no thanks' when it gives you the option to set up a paypal account for that email address.

Then login to paypal and withdraw funds as you usually would.

It is a bit of a fuss but once you've done them a couple of times it's not so bad. If there is not a sale on then I usually get £25 but at the moment it's cheaper to get two mastercard five pounds than one ten pound one.

I hope that makes some sense, if not am sure others (who don't rabbit on like me) can explain better.
  • MissPop
    MissPop Posts: 948
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    JadieH wrote: »
    This is true of Debenhams also, they only accept a maximum of three payments per order, which means if you don't have enough in gift cards to cover the cost of your purchase then your debit card is one payment type, and you could only use a maximum of two gift cards.

Ooh, didn't know that was a thing! Thanks for the heads up!

Make £2020 in 2020 - £263.78/£2020

2020 totals
    Swagbucks - £100 | Prolific Academic - £44.54 | Qmee - £10 | PopulusLive - £50

• Throwaway1
    Throwaway1 Posts: 519
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 10 October 2017 at 5:03PM
    JadieH wrote: »
    MissPop wrote: »
    Ooh, didn't know that was a thing! Thanks for the heads up!

For Debenhams, if you go in store they will combine them onto one card. Obviously, having to go there and interact with someone puts me off :rotfl:but it is a handy way around the limit.
    MFW - OP 10% each year to clear mortgage in 10 years!
    2019: £16,125/£16,125
    2020: £14,172.64/£14,172.64
    2021: £12,333.62/£12,333.62
    2022: £10,626.55/£10,626.55
  • JadieH
    JadieH Posts: 116
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    ShopButton for 3SB until 7pm. Don't forget to use the swagbutton for Swago
  • Tolteca87
    Tolteca87 Posts: 1,394
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I've been using the Mastercard's in paying my electricity bill. There's no deduction. £5 off the card in payments reduces the bill by the full £5.
  • Emmaaar22
    Emmaaar22 Posts: 731
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Any discovers so I can tick off my box on Swago?
    2017 Wins - Coco Pops, £100 Amazon voucher, Elf T-shirt, £250 Zalando Voucher and £250 FeelUnique Voucher, private gig concerts
    2018 Wins - Steep xbox game, 2 tangle teezer, Contagion Book, JC Annual, water sports bottle, 10p, 2 cricket tickets, can of fizz, 10p, Ribenia, Johnson baby products
  • Emmaaar22
    Emmaaar22 Posts: 731
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    God almighty, I know I want to tick off the box on Swago but i`m not spending 32 minutes of my life on a survey that will probably not reward me for time or the little effort I put into it.
    2017 Wins - Coco Pops, £100 Amazon voucher, Elf T-shirt, £250 Zalando Voucher and £250 FeelUnique Voucher, private gig concerts
    2018 Wins - Steep xbox game, 2 tangle teezer, Contagion Book, JC Annual, water sports bottle, 10p, 2 cricket tickets, can of fizz, 10p, Ribenia, Johnson baby products
  • Parksandrec,
    The £5 paypal is 800SB and the Mastercard is 700SB
    Someone else wrote about it before but I can't remember who to thank.

When you use the mastercard it deducts so it's roughly £4.63 you get.

In paypal you go to 'send & request', then 'create invoice', send it to an email address you have that isn't associated to your paypal account.

When the email arrives at the email address requesting payment follow the link, go for the non paypal payment option, input the online mastercard details that you get from swagbucks as the payment method, your contact details with the email address you sent the request to, & pay it. & say 'no thanks' when it gives you the option to set up a paypal account for that email address.

Then login to paypal and withdraw funds as you usually would.

It is a bit of a fuss but once you've done them a couple of times it's not so bad. If there is not a sale on then I usually get £25 but at the moment it's cheaper to get two mastercard five pounds than one ten pound one.

I hope that makes some sense, if not am sure others (who don't rabbit on like me) can explain better.

I've just ordered one now so we'll give that a try and then I'll get another one when I know it works x
    :staradmin
    Swagbucks rewards £140 Amazon vouchers. £70 Paypal vouchers £10 iTunes
    Qmee Rewards - £14.89
    If you can dream it you can do it - Walt Disney :A
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,881
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    edited 11 October 2017 at 2:10PM
    Emmaaar22 wrote: »
    Any discovers so I can tick off my box on Swago?

EngageMeTV works for me, although the swagbucks counter doesn't move the ad counter does (1-6) and it credits after the sixth one has played

http://www.swagbucks.com/discover/offer-walls/138/adscendmedia

(the 6th ad didn't register 11/10 but the 7th one did)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure