HolidaySafe Travel Insurance - Your Feedback

Options

Comments

• dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If you could give us some more information we can try and help you.

How was the handbag stolen eg were you mugged or was it stolen while at your feet at a restaurant etc?

Have you made an "Official Complaint" to Holiday Safe and if si what was their answer
  • Holidaysafe_Representative
    Holidaysafe_Representative Posts: 108 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi poundsign,

Once again I am very sorry that you are dissatisfied with the outcome of your claim. If you could email your details to Holidaysafe@infinityinsurance.co.uk I can take a look for you and liaise with the claim and complaints teams.

Kind regards,

Amber (Holidaysafe Brand Manager)
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Holidaysafe. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi poundsign,

Once again I am very sorry that you are dissatisfied with the outcome of your claim. If you could email your details to Holidaysafe@infinityinsurance.co.uk I can take a look for you and liaise with the claim and complaints teams.

Kind regards,

Amber (Holidaysafe Brand Manager)

I have a feeling Poundsign won't be taking up your offer (Again)
    Hi Poundsign,

Thank you for your review, my name is Amber and I am the Brand Manager for Holidaysafe.

Firstly I would like to sincerely apologise that you are dissatisfied by our claims policies regarding lost possessions.

If you would like to email me your policy details to holidaysafe@infinityinsurance.co.uk, I will liaise with the Claims team on your behalf and assist you through the claims process.

Kind regards,

Amber

The reply to your post in August was in December...
    poundsign wrote: »
    Dear Amber

After several months you have declined the claim made, we have appealed but guess what you still have not replied.

Poundsign you appear to have gone through the "Official Complaint" process and Amber's process.

If you can give us some more information we can probably help you. The Ombudsman tends to be very fair and has a fairly broad and sensible approach to what is actually on your person.

As an example here are some cases the FOS have dealt with

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/ombudsman-news/114/114-mobile-phones.html
  • anitagibbs
    Options
    Last October I booked a holiday in this country in June for my sister and myself, and on the same day took out standard single trip travel insurance with Holidaysafe, declaring all existing medical conditions for us both.

In January I suffered what the consultant said he felt must be treated as a probable TIA as I had experienced some speech dysphasia, although all tests were entirely normal. I was prescribed anti-platelet medication and statins.

I was recently looking through the paperwork for the holiday, and noticed this in the Holidaysafe policy documents:

"If your health or your ongoing medication changes between the date the policies were bought and the date of travel you must advise Travel Administration Facilities as soon as possible on 0203 829 6765.

We will advise you what cover we are able to provide, after the date of diagnosis. We reserve the right to increase the premium, increase the excess, exclude the condition or withdraw the cover should the stability of the condition make it necessary.”

It didn’t occur to me that I needed to tell them as I thought that any new medical condition that couldn’t have been anticipated at the time the travel insurance was taken out would be covered. Surely that’s why we take out insurance!

Can they really increase the premium or the excess, exclude the condition, or withdraw the cover? If so I shan’t bother with travel insurance in future as we are both in our 70s, an age when it’s quite likely that new health problems will develop, and we only ever holiday in the UK, so cover for flight delays, loss of passport, medical treatment, emergency repatriation etc doesn’t apply, just cancellation.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    That condition is normal, and they can do what it says.

If they decide not to continue cover you will be able to cancel your trip and claim the cancellation costs
  • Holidaysafe_Representative
    Holidaysafe_Representative Posts: 108 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Dear anitagibbs,

Thank you for your post, my name is Amber and I am the Brand Manager for Holidaysafe.

If you like I would be more than happy to arrange for one of my colleagues to call you and discuss this? Simply send your details to holidaysafe@infinityinsurance.co.uk and I can arrange a call back today or next week.

Kind regards,

Amber
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Holidaysafe. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • anitagibbs
    Options
    Thanks for the clarification, Quentin.

I don't want to cancel my holiday. If they decide not to continue cover I'll go ahead without insurance. I trust they will refund my premium?
  • Quentin
    edited 19 March 2017 at 12:33AM
    Options
    Check the policy wording to see what happens if they cancel regarding refunds of premium.
  • anitagibbs
    Options
    Surely if they decide not to continue cover it's them cancelling not me.
  • Quentin
    Options
    anitagibbs wrote: »
    Surely if they decide not to continue cover it's them cancelling not me.

Post 239 edited to correct the typo
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport