IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Land owner changed since PCN of 4 months ago

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,624
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 29 April 2018 at 5:12PM
    What is the % of success, I read it somewhere and I think it was quite high
    I'd say 99% against Smart, at POPLA stage, even including those who blabbed about the driver.

They do not like loooong forum appeals and you can include the grace periods argument (it was busy and just before Christmas so the car park was heaving, especially given there was a closing down sale and staff had to help people with several trolleys per person to their car, including you).

Can you find evidence online that the Poundstrectcher closed down? Add a screenshot of a local newspaper article about it, as evidence that you are telling the truth about a manic pre-Christmas closing down sale that week.

You can also include the usual templates about unclear signs, no landowner authority and the new one about breach of the Privacy Statement and other ICO rules for ANPR locations.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • ]Quentin Making sure your popla appeal does go in before the deadline!

When is it?

Post up your draft appeal for comments before sending it (online so they get it same day!

I have until the 3rd May to appeal to POPLA do you mean I can do that online or do I have to post a letter? It all seems soooooo complicated!

I'll try to find the template, add my personal circumstances and post shortly on this thread for your perusal. But I'm not very good at these things! It's really stressing me out! The time frame I've got and the unfairness of it all! Thanks in advance
  • I think you mean I can do POPLA online, I hope thats true!
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,430
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    The 3rd of May is this Thursday - just two days away.

Post #3 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread will help you.

You need to get cracking on that now.

Yes - your PoPLA appeal can be submitted online.
    All explained in that NEWBIES post.
  • Just noticed the PCN from SMART says I have 28 days to appeal to POPLA from date of letter but by then my ''grace period'' will have passed, which I know, but it doesnt say I have to get the POPLA stuff in before the 3rd, but I can do so, if its online! What a lot of crooks they all are. This is one thing that should be outlawed. Maybe all stores should issue an exemption code on their receipts or something, like Tesco etc who give you a code to enter in pay machine. I appreciate the car reg machines in some Aldis take money to install, but they cant be allowed to carry on!
  • Coupon-mad
    Forumite
    It is really a 28 day deadline but we happen to know POPLA codes last 33 days.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,430
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    What "grace period" are you talking about?
    Do you mean they will no longer offer the discounted charge?

If so, forget that "grace period".
    Stay here, do the PoPLA appeal and take advantage of the MSE 100% discount. :D
  • As I said what is someone is frail or has a heart condition or something, this could have dire consequences for some of the elderly too. I don't think people should take liberties with private land but 9 times out of 10 these are all genuine customers!
  • Silversurreal
    Silversurreal Posts: 69 Forumite
    Seems theres NO HURRY to apply to POPLA today then as the GRACE PERIOD is on the discounted amount from SMART. Although this all happened in December, the first I knew about it was when DRP contacted me (as the original demand apparently went astray) So they have KINDLY given me until the 3rd May to pay up (2nd grace period supposedly) or back to £160 again I guess. I'm a single Mother, I can't afford zero £££. Without this site what would people do? Shame some don't even know this site exists!
  • Coupon-mad
    Forumite
    I don't understand what you are talking about, sorry.

It was never £160, that's an inflated, made up sum. What grace period?

Have you got a POPLA code and when does it run out?

If you have no POPLA code and the first letter was from DRP, you need to email the BPA to complain that YET AGAIN (allegedly, by several forum accounts) Smart appear to be 'forgetting' the Notice to Keeper and going straight to DRPlus letters.

Smart Parking PCNs are so very easy to beat as registered keeper. Have you actually told DRPlus who was driving, hope not.

You'll know the BPA Complaints email addy, from the NEWBIES thread post #5.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure