Failed application

2»

Comments

• Alexd52
    Alexd52 Posts: 318 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Something else to consider is Starling bank, similar to Monzo without the restrictive cash withdrawal limits, however, still MasterCard.
  • Emily_Joy
    Emily_Joy Posts: 1,235 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    It's most likely the fact that you are on electoral roll on one address and have credit accounts such as phone contract/bank account linked to another address.

As a short-term solution I would suggest a Revolut Card. It's prepaid mastercard which doesn't charge you for withdrawals abroad.

After you have linked all your credit records to the same address which is registered on electoral roll, wait a couple of months and most likely you will get the card you are after. The thing to bear in mind is that sometimes the same address is listed differently in the lists of different organizations (phone providers, royal mail, banks, car insurance companies, utility companies) and on electoral roll. You need to make sure that all the records are identical. A very minor difference can kill your mortgage/credit application.
  • JimmyTheWig
    JimmyTheWig Posts: 12,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    shortcrust wrote: »
    If you've never had credit before you'd be better off trying to get a credit building card.

Did Barclaycard really specify those were the reasons you were turned down? I've never seen that before and wonder if they were examples some of the reasons why you might have been rejected.
    Exactly what I was going to say.
    I think these "reasons" have been mis-read.
  • Fireflyaway
    Fireflyaway Posts: 2,766 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    It's a good thing, you have just avoided the opportunity to get debt. If you save 1000 a month why do you need a credit card? Use cash or a debit card.
  • PeacefulWaters
    PeacefulWaters Posts: 8,495 Forumite
    It's a good thing, you have just avoided the opportunity to get debt. If you save 1000 a month why do you need a credit card? Use cash or a debit card.

Having used credit cards for 32 years and never paid a penny in interest, but earned significant amounts of cashback and airmiles, I disagree.
  • ValiantSon
    ValiantSon Posts: 2,586 Forumite

Section 75 protection; your money earning interest in your current account during the interest free period every month; cashback; reward points; building a good credit history.... These are just some of the very good reasons to have a credit card. Credit cards can easily be paid off in full each month if you don't spend money you don't have. Your comment suggests that you don't understand.
  • A4445
    A4445 Posts: 1,103 Forumite
    Try CapitalOne they have a quick check tells you if you will be approved or not 100%
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure