ppi on old addresse's

Hi
I have registered with the financial credit check scoring sites (including the mse one) to see my current loans etc but these are limited to my current address and the one previous. I am sure i had ppi on loans in the past especially on my original 100% mortgage endowment policy back in 1989.
I know my most recent ones haven't got ppi but i was not as financially aware in the past.
Is the only option to go to the third party companies as i don't have records that far back?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Never use a third party.

You will need to tell them who you had PPI with, as your records aren't in the public domain.

Anything prior to the last 6 years will only be in your memory or filing.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,316 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I am sure i had ppi on loans in the past especially on my original 100% mortgage endowment policy back in 1989.

Endowment policies could not have PPI on them. Just not possible and none of them did.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Third party companies do not have any way of finding out your details, these are private and are not listed anywhere - you have to provide them with your details

Your credit records only show the last 6 years, it's nothing to do with records or addresses
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 19 April 2018 at 12:43PM
    Is the only option to go to the third party companies as i don't have records that far back?
    As above, that's not an option at all.

Why do people give so much misplaced respect to Claim Companies?

Just because they charge for their "service" does not make them somehow more effective than complaining alone!

The complaint process is simple and free. However, no one attempting to complain about ancient finance is going to have an easy ride unless they have comprehensive documentation from their own archive. No claim company can provide or "research" records because the information is not in the public domain.

Regardless of all this, Endowments simply didn't have PPI.

The end.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport