M&S Bank Credit Card Blagged Deal

Options

Comments

• drob4
    drob4 Posts: 147 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm doing the latest version of this offer. The terms of the £5 voucher are below:

>>INCLUDING: Clothing, home, furniture, footwear,
    accessories, food, wine & flowers.
    EXCLUDING: Tailoring alterations, Made to Measure shirts,
    ‘Your School Uniform’ service, name tapes, personalised
    cards, Lunch to you, Wine Club, restaurants, deli bars,
    M&S Caf!, branded food goods.

Valid in Marks & Spencer stores in the UK and Channel Islands
    (excluding M&S Outlet and BP Connect stores) and online at
    marksandspencer.com. To qualify you must pay in full using
    your M&S Credit Card. Valid in store on presentation of the
    original voucher at the till. Can be used once only in a single
    transaction and must be handed in on redemption.
    Voucher can be used online by entering the online code.
    Offer strictly non-transferable and cannot be sold or
    exchanged for cash. Any refunds will be taken into account
    in your M&S points balance. Points can only be validated at
    time of purchase. Marks & Spencer reserves the right to reject
    the voucher with reasonable cause. M&S Loyalty Scheme
    subject to terms and conditions.

*500 points will be added to your first quarterly reward
    mailing (worth £5 to spend in M&S stores).
    © Marks and Spencer plc 2017. Registered office: Waterside
    House, 35 North Wharf Road, London W2 1NW. Registered
    number 214436 (England and Wales). All information correct <<

Still not sure if I'm supposed to get a voucher with my card (as stated on the MSE site) or whether I have to wait for my 'first quarterly reward mailing' as above.
  • Monkeeboy
    Monkeeboy Posts: 133 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I recently signed up for the latest offer in my local M&S Bank branch. Having heard nothing I called back in to be advised they had no trace of the paper application I had filled in at the branch and was promised would be input that day. Despite various cals and visiting the branch again I have made a formal complaint as who knows where the document with all of my personal data on including bank accounts dates of birth etc is? Certainly not M&S

Grrr
  • margaretx9
    Options
    I have seen the £45 total offer which expires tomorrow.

It says existing M&S credit card holders are not eligible. Does that apply if you are an additional card holder on someone else's card.

I am an additional cardholder on my husbands card (the only M&S card I have had) - does anyone know if i would I qualify if I apply for my own card in my own name?

Does card holder mean account holder?

https://bank.marksandspencer.com/pdf/cc-20-offer-tc.pdf
  • ann07cor
    Options
    I applied for a card in September it turned up 29th December I was out of the country so didn't use it until February. they are now saying they won't give me the voucher as I needed to use it by 31/02/18, a massive 7 days to use it even if I had been in the country. What a con.
  • cashsaver19
    Options
    I signed up to "Ends TODAY: Free £50+ M&S vouchers" deal sent out from MSE (MartinsMoneyTips@moneysavingexpert.com) on 31st Jan 2018 on that day, the offer breakdown appeared to be:

(i) £20 in M&S pts. Just spend anything anywhere within 90 days to get this.

(ii) £30 M&S vch. Spend £100+ anywhere by 31 Mar.

(iii) Extra £5 M&S vch. You're sent a coupon with the card. Scan it when you buy almost anything at M&S and you're due another £5 of points.

What's happened so far:
    (i) Seems to have happened after spending £120 on the card (of which £25 was in an M&S store before the end of February) and it has given me 2,000 points in my M&S account, which I understand will be transferred into an M&S voucher and emailed to me 30th April.

(ii) Seems to be a myth as no one at M&S CS knows anything about this one or how it should work (£100+ in one transaction, in total..... any ideas anyone?), although they did keep saying wait until the email about vouchers end of April. Said I'd call back if I don't see this extra £30 worth of vouchers.

(iii) There was a 500 points tear off voucher in the paperwork that came with the card, very easily missed, I nearly binned it as it looks like the usual stuff you bin when you get new cards. Scanned the voucher at checkout at M&S store and sure enough I have another 500 points added to my 2,000 from (i).

To date I have 2,566 points in my M&S points (points i & iii worked) but there's no sign of anything more yet (point ii)...

T
  • Emily_Joy
    Emily_Joy Posts: 1,240 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I have just checked my Experian credit report via MSE and it appears my M&S CC has disappeared from it. That is, I can see it on the previous report, but not on the latest one.

I do have the card in my wallet and I am using it quite often - 0% on purchases comes handy at the moment. The card does show in M&S online banking system and the credit utilisation is about 20%.

Should I try to find out what's happening?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    No. .
  • drob4
    drob4 Posts: 147 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I signed up to "Ends TODAY: Free £50+ M&S vouchers" deal sent out from MSE (MartinsMoneyTips@moneysavingexpert.com) on 31st Jan 2018 on that day, the offer breakdown appeared to be:

(i) £20 in M&S pts. Just spend anything anywhere within 90 days to get this.

(ii) £30 M&S vch. Spend £100+ anywhere by 31 Mar.

(iii) Extra £5 M&S vch. You're sent a coupon with the card. Scan it when you buy almost anything at M&S and you're due another £5 of points.

What's happened so far:
    (i) Seems to have happened after spending £120 on the card (of which £25 was in an M&S store before the end of February) and it has given me 2,000 points in my M&S account, which I understand will be transferred into an M&S voucher and emailed to me 30th April.

(ii) Seems to be a myth as no one at M&S CS knows anything about this one or how it should work (£100+ in one transaction, in total..... any ideas anyone?), although they did keep saying wait until the email about vouchers end of April. Said I'd call back if I don't see this extra £30 worth of vouchers.

(iii) There was a 500 points tear off voucher in the paperwork that came with the card, very easily missed, I nearly binned it as it looks like the usual stuff you bin when you get new cards. Scanned the voucher at checkout at M&S store and sure enough I have another 500 points added to my 2,000 from (i).

To date I have 2,566 points in my M&S points (points i & iii worked) but there's no sign of anything more yet (point ii)...

T

In exactly the same boat. T&Cs didn't specify the £100 spend by March 31st had to be in one transaction. Having said that, I no longer have a copy of said T&Cs - they might be useful come April when the £30 voucher doesn't show up.
  • bottletop
    bottletop Posts: 47 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    April has now come and gone, but no sign of any additional £30 voucher for me!
    To get the second voucher, spend £100+ by 31 Mar 2018. You'll then be emailed a voucher by 30 Apr, which you need to use between 10 Apr and 31 May

This seems to be an appallingly run promotion, and once I finally get this voucher they'll be getting no more of my business.
  • bottletop
    bottletop Posts: 47 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    So I go to email Customer Services but am advised by the site to log in and use their secure messaging system instead.

This limits me to a certain length of message, but no matter, I can be succinct.

What I am not prepared for though is the inability of their messaging system to accept basic punctuation marks. I am told that quotation marks, the plus sign and the colon are not acceptable characters!

Amazing stuff! Thank God I didn't go for brackets!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure