And now the fuse is lit...

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,255 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Very prudent of you my man.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    beanielou wrote: »
    Very prudent of you my man.

I know, but I have this naive hankering for some kind of time in the past, when the world was sepia, companies were honest and competent, and nobody had to do this kind of thing... :o
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • beanielou
    ZTD wrote: »
    I know, but I have this naive hankering for some kind of time in the past, when the world was sepia, companies were honest and competent, and nobody had to do this kind of thing... :o

Oh so do i.
    I got a bill this week which was paid on the 30th NOv in full & they say I only paid part:(:mad:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• ZTD
    beanielou wrote: »
    Oh so do i.
    I got a bill this week which was paid on the 30th NOv in full & they say I only paid part:(:mad:

Yes, and then you have to spend your time and effort putting them right.
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • beanielou
    Yes, and then you have to spend your time and effort putting them right.
    age.
    BAh.
    Yes, that's it.
    Phone calls, printing & post

• Butti
    Butti Posts: 5,014 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    You know, sometimes I think I'm paranoid, then my precautions are needed...
    • British Gas don't believe my final meter reading. Lucky I took a picture of the gas meter with that day's paper in the shot then - isn't it?
    • A supplier on Amazon claiming they read their description with different words to what I do. Lucky I took a screenshot then...

Luckily Northumbrian Water came up trumps with a prompt £30 refund. Of course I'd taken a photo of the water meter as well... :whistle:

Wise man.
    when that woman (not Monica Lewinsky) reversed into me, the first thing I did was take a snap of the scene.

The good old days were when we weren't allowed to wear trousers to school and when my friend couldn't train to become a pilot with the RAF. It was great!
    Debt LBM (08/09) £11,641. DEBT FREE APRIL 2021.
    Diary 'Butti's journey : A matter of loaf or death'.
    Diary 2 'The whimsical tale of the Waterbed of Debt'
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • ZTD
    Butti wrote: »
    Wise man.
    when that woman (not Monica Lewinsky) reversed into me, the first thing I did was take a snap of the scene.

Yes, somebody I worked with, didn't - and paid the price...
    The good old days were when we weren't allowed to wear trousers to school

Trousers?! :eek:

Next you'll be wanting to wear shorts!
    and when my friend couldn't train to become a pilot with the RAF.

Combat?
    It was great!

And then sepia died out, and we all went black-and-white.
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Good grief! Taking photos of meter readings never occured to me ... accidents, yes (though I might have forgotten in the stress of the moment) ... blimey.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • beanielou
    Karmacat wrote: »
    Good grief! Taking photos of meter readings never occured to me ... accidents, yes (though I might have forgotten in the stress of the moment) ... blimey.

Nor me. At all.
    My mind does not work like that.

• beanielou
    Have a good weekend you all~~Z, Butti & Karmcat :)

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure