Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    emerald21 wrote: »
    Who is who in this line up :D Happy Birthday to you all :bdaycake:

TM is the one with the red knee of course as she is prone to falling over in her kitten heels. :o
  • hippychicky
    hippychicky Posts: 1,268 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Happy birthday to all of today's birthday girlies x
  • Tinyshoes wrote: »
    TM is the one with the red knee of course as she is prone to falling over in her kitten heels. :o

But that's the only one wearing flats, don't tell me she's gone sensible :eek:
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • fuzzgun19
    fuzzgun19 Posts: 7,767 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Does anyone know if Lycamobile is compatible with Androidpay?
    I had one of their free sims in my phone, but it wouldn't work at the checkout.
    Swapped it to a Vodafone sim and it worked fine.

2 more Cokes for me today :)
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
  • Sarahdol75
    Sarahdol75 Posts: 7,717 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Tinyshoes wrote: »

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    But that's the only one wearing flats, don't tell me she's gone sensible :eek:

There will be some excuse I'm sure. ;)
  • izzy65
    izzy65 Posts: 2,862 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Good afternoon, snow got a shift so decide to try my first 342 sada shop, armed with my lists but the h&s 450ml are not 3 4 £10 so abandoned my v's sainsbugs shop, I did a v's tosco so hope I've done it right.:)
    The person who never makes a mistake never learns anything.
  • emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Tinyshoes wrote: »

Yes you’re right lol
  • emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    fuzzgun19 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Lycamobile is compatible with Androidpay?
    I had one of their free sims in my phone, but it wouldn't work at the checkout.
    Swapped it to a Vodafone sim and it worked fine.

2 more Cokes for me today :)

No idea about that. My wins today were 3 x £3 Gregg s an a Coke , rest prize draws.
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 23 November 2017 at 5:06PM
    Savvybuyer wrote: »
    I do know otherwise on one of these items.

Thanks Savvy...I knew I could rely on you for a little input....:T:rotfl::rotfl:..

Although, I have to say, even if As did sell the 20 pack of Magners it would not compare to Morries as it's not on their website...Or Mysupermarket....Seems Morries only want to sell this product to their regular customers.Or, whoever might stumble across this pack......Otherwise, wouldn't they advertise the fact that they sell it....Unless you know otherwise....:rotfl::rotfl:

I think it would compare - it's hypothetical and it doesn't because A don't have it but, if they did, the price collectors clearly have had items in the system for M, that are different weight or size to A, as, when A has later changed its pack size and happened to bring it into being comparable to M, at least two items on which this has happened in the past have been virtually immediately seen comparing against M. The SP Cornflakes were one - unfortunately M's Savers Cornflakes have long been lost and the other is the SP Washing Up Liquid - that changed in volume and now happens to match M's - it has been comparing against M and M's product isn't on their website and, by definition therefore, isn't on msm.co.uk (as that uses grocery websites for its information).

The availability of 20 pack Magners generally in M is such that, if A were to have the product, I would see no reason why it would not pick up the M price. However, it is not, as far as I know (maybe A are concealing it rather than M:rotfl:), available from A or, even if it were available in A instore is not on a.com so won't appear on the APG. It is available from M - and you don't have to be a regular customer: if you can physically visit an M that happens to have it in stock, you can just buy a case and never buy anything else at all from them ever again:rotfl:. No-one stumbles across it as it is pretty obvious in the stores that have it - to me that's looking for such things anyway. It has also been posted on HUKD so it is hardly concealed from the internet either.

For whatever reason, I can't be bought from M online - maybe they just don't have it available for delivery - all sorts of items and there seems no pattern, some good, some not, are not online - some items that were online in the past no longer are, for no apparent reason, such as Savers Toilet Cleaner and other items that weren't online before have now, months after I've had them on and off (depending on offers) from instore, appeared online. Items just disappear and reappear online sometimes - pretty much like they do in stores - it may be just about stock levels or just not available in the place for delivery. Just because they currently (as of yesterday) have an item on an offer doesn't mean the product will be online and, even if it looks good to us, M might not promote or advertise it - sometimes, indeed, instead they may advertise and draw attention to items that are very costly - it may make more sense to have an item well bought with big price labels and stock positioned prominently instore and at the entrances of stores when, in fact, some other pack size on 'normal' shelves elsewhere in a store could be much better.

Neither did any of the RTC 10p items on biscuits and cookies ages ago ever get mentioned over the tannoys or on M's commercials as far as I am aware. I did hear, around that time, I think about some Chicken Drumsticks product, or similar, that had gone on price crunch having had some pence reduced off it, that had been somewhat cheaper before it went up in price and, at the price crunch price, of a little bit down to not quite as cheap as it was when I didn't hear it being mentioned, still worked out at very expensive cost per kg. - there were cheaper options available that were not being mentioned and to which customers generally therefore are not been directed by the stores.

Indeed, part of marketing may sometimes be about misdirection - sending customers to buying stuff that is worse value for them and not to the item available cheapest from the store. Create as much confusion and misdirection as you can, without outright misleading people, have numerous mbuys on separate products but no mbuy price per unit just the cost per kg. for purchasing one and making something else look cheaper when in fact it is not, as customers haven't got time to work out which one is best. Importantly, you haven't actually claimed that the more expensive product is cheaper - you've just promoted it better and left customers to misdirect themselves by them making wrong assumptions (their fault:rotfl:)! It is sometimes a good marketing strategy to create confusion that, hopefully, has your customers paying more and, importantly, they never become aware of the fact and think they have got a good deal, so you have satisfied customers returning:rotfl:.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure